It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says "Americans can Keep their Damn Insurance"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It's amazing this hasn't been posted to ATS yet. After attempting 5 different search arguments to make sure, here it is.

Greetings
This was published in the New Yorker on Nov 16, '13

The article is short, so, in keeping in compliance with ATS policies of not quoting an entire web page, the quote is reduce to the key points in hussein's Official Statement.

It appears that hussein lost his temper at a recent press conference.

telling the stunned press corps, "You know what? Everybody can keep their damn insurance."

"You know, I really wish I hadn't spent the last three years of my life on this thing. I should've just gone around invading countries for no reason. That would've made everybody happy.

Well, guess what: I'll make their day and repeal it myself. Really, it's my pleasure. But I swear that this is the last time I try to do something nice for anybody."

LINK
edit on 23/11/13 by Adonsa because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/11/13 by Adonsa because: Edited to correct a URL error

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

Is this true can it be confirmed? is so

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is a fake news story. It's gotta' be.
Obama is an idiot and bad for America IMHO .... but I haven't seen him melt down like this.

ETA .. I expect this'll be in the LOL forum soon ... I'd be surprised if it's not.
edit on 11/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport‎
by Andy Borowitz
Daily satire column by Andy Borowitz at The New Yorker
It is a joke. Been running around facebook.
edit on 23-11-2013 by silverflame because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I wish someone had that on tape because I would really like to believe he said that. This is one person's report on what was said. However, I do believe that Obama would be having a hissy fit and acting like a baby when he doesn't get his way. The ACA is a joke anyway and he is not happy everyone is not so gullible anymore.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Maybe the reason why it hasn't been posted is because it's satire.

Obama Says Americans Can Keep Their Damn Insurance

The article below is satire. Andy Borowitz is an American comedian and New York Times-bestselling author who satirizes the news for his column, "The Borowitz Report."

aced with a barrage of new questions about the Affordable Care Act, President Obama cut short a White House press conference today, telling the stunned press corps, "You know what? Everybody can keep their damn insurance." Glaring at the reporters, the President continued, "You heard me. If your insurance is crappy, then you just go ahead and keep it-the crappier, the better. Let's pretend this whole thing never happened."

Sorry but you fell for an article that's about as accurate as an article by the Onion.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

It is from the "Bowowitz report" section, which is described as "a satirical news column".

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hi Crazyewok,

crazyewok
reply to post by Adonsa

Dunno. You may be correct. The scholars and subject matter experts of this, the ATS website, have the information resources to determine that. It was re-quoted on some websites.

Information about the author

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Wow,
Thanks for fast replies.

This goes to reinforce the quick expertise right here on ATS.

I should have posted it quietly to selected ATS members before doing it out in the open.
Oh well.

Dear Moderator, you might see fit to move this to off topic.
Thanks

edit on 23/11/13 by Adonsa because: Added note to Moderator

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

Did you read the information about the author in that link you provided. It's a Joke nothing more. It's like saying all the news on the onion is real. Just a Joke not real.

edit on 23-11-2013 by silverflame because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Adonsa
Hi Crazyewok,

crazyewok
reply to post by Adonsa

Dunno. You may be correct. The scholars and subject matter experts of this, the ATS website, have the information resources to determine that. It was re-quoted on some websites.

Information about the author

Maybe you should read your link.

Andy Borowitz is a New York Times best-selling author and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. In 2001, he created the Borowitz Report, a satirical news column that has millions of readers around the world, for which he won the first-ever National Press Club award for humor. The Borowitz Report was acquired by The New Yorker in 2012.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

"Maybe you should read your link.

Yes I did, Yes, Yes, but I read it TOO LATE.

I expect disciplinary action to be forthcoming.

I recommended the moderator move this message thread. I have no admin rights to do so.

new topics

top topics

join