It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i searched and nothing. can someone tell me how to toss up an avatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i feel inept. can you help?
i searched and found a thread and the guy said he clicked on the down facing arrow and uploaded it to his account and got it from there. i have been snooping for an hour now and i have nothing.

can you help?
just noob it up for me. thanks

ok. i figured it out. at least how to get to the option. thanks. can delete
edit on 22-11-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

yes you have to upload you av from your pc to ats then use the down pointing arrow

also i hope he doesnt mind try asking bigfatfurrytexan hes a genius with avatars
edit on 22/11/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Put avatar in search and there is a lot in there to explain fully for you....

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

ok.....so i myself recently had trouble with this very subject.

step 1. downward facing mini arrow at the top of the webpage.

step 2. than click on upload.

step 3. make sure you have the image/images that you want to upload saved either on your desktop or in a specific folder of your choosing, than, when your ready click upload (should be a black cloud symbol with an up arrow inside of it) and select your image.

step 4. after your actual image has been uploaded to the site you can refresh the upload page and see a thumbnail of what you have uploaded. click the thumbnail and a separate window will appear.

step 5. highlight and copy to your clipboard the URL for the image that the site gives you.

step 6. Go and click on the mini downward facing arrow at the top of the webpage again but this time click on account.

step 7. than find the field that says "Default ATS avatar" and in that field paste the previously copied URL from your uploaded images. After you save you should now have your avatar.

~~~hope that helps, lemme kno.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

oh great! looks like you have your avatar. You can change the background color to white and that will blend it in well.

I think it is the Freshman's Forum that has lots of threads on how to do things, check that one out.
cheers

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

If you ever need more help, there's an avatar creations page

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do like the underdog picture ya picked

Have a nice day.
-nat

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Here is a link to the most used thread on how to do that, I just got done using this thread myself, and Cody599 was a great help to me, thanks Cody599.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

DonVoigt

Here is a link to the most used thread on how to do that, I just got done using this thread myself, and Cody599 was a great help to me, thanks Cody599.

You're welcome
Call me Cody everybody else does

Cody

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
After you have done the work to upload the image you want rather than to go through the longer process

Here is the Avatar shortcut in yellow highlighter: It says...........Click to make this image your avatar.

edit on 22-11-2013 by ValdoVonz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just a mention here...you know any photo you have, may find or have in a drawer...say your dog and cat as some do here...can be used? Avatars can also be created to something cool (like my mysterioustranger to the left

top topics

join