It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Versus China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A couple of questions that probably most here can answer of bat and I can follow up with additional research on my part.

In the unlikely scenario that a true massive war broke out between the US and China, I see some major areas of concern for the US.

US Achilles Tendons that I see:

1. How would the US be able to fight against china if we needed to replenish our electronic components and supplies?
2. Is their enough Americans with the knowledge and capability to successfully manufacture weapons in-house ?

China Achilles Tendons:
Maybe you can help with the list here.

edit on 11/20/2013 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Saw on the TV News tonight, 'NATO TO HOLD A MASSIVE DRILL RIGHT ACROSS EUROPE'. Wonder why ?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

China has more people, more people to carry weapons, more people to make weapons and they have more dollars.

If they wanted to attack, there wouldn't be much of a world left afterwards...they are smarter than that.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
China isn't going to attack us. We owe them too much money. They aren't dumb, they won't attack us till after we pay them back. That is the US's new strategy.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Many Chinese can read and write in English.

Most people in North America, cannot read or write or understand Chinese.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

At a guess, China's weaknesses lie in Food distribution/supplies, oil and gas supplies.

While they are very capable of grass-root food production, that production is trumped by weapons in the hands of the military. That military would destroy the food production via over consumption and a failure to transport the remaining production to population centers.

There's around 37 different languages in China. Not dialects, languages! I personally believe that the political structure that is the current China collapses into regionally controlled military juntas and warlords. Much like the landscape previous to Mao.

China's highway system is second only to the U.S.. Yet, without gas/fuel, the flexing of national "enforcers" becomes almost impossible.

Not too different in the U.S. analog becomes vogue again and plentiful "potential" fuel supplies probably gives the U.S. the long term edge in a recovery scenario, BUT, both infrastructures are hugely vulnerable and any major conflict ends both as viable national entities. It's almost as hard for the U.S. to maintain a national integrity as China, especially when the political DNA of the U.S. is 50 independent states in a Union as with china's 37 "languages".

Bottom line? No one "wins".....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

This 5 min clip should cover alot of your Questions OP. Just the female section of the Chinese Army out numbers the entire American population.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

steaming

Saw on the TV News tonight, 'NATO TO HOLD A MASSIVE DRILL RIGHT ACROSS EUROPE'. Wonder why ?

Can you provide links to this ? Or add anything more?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that scenario would be no contest. Even a few 30 year old stealth bombers and our cruise missiles would make fried rice in minutes. Then after that bombardment a single state could whoop their asses. Numbers wouldnt matter when you have the air and weapons such as microwave guns to fry whole crowds and lord only knows what else the US would have to use in them.
There are a lot more of them but as far as military goes we are the experts on this planet.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Someone in Seattle can actually have a conversation with someone in New Orleans and accomplish something.
China does not have this ability. North China and South China have different dialects; they can't talk to each other.
From experience in a wide range of military operations, without commo you will in fact lose. They have manpower but what good is it they can't communicate.

Our whole country is integrated and skilled from over a decade of warfare. To add to it, all of their technology is stolen or borrowed where ours is based off of lessons learned and new ideas / concepts.

In Summary, in a straight up head to head battle barring nukes, they would not last more than 6 months, even with allies. Our military is that good. We can kill and re-build in breakneck speed. We could have done it in Iraq and Afghanistan if the economy of force doctrine was thrown into an incinerator.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

superman2012

China has more people, more people to carry weapons, more people to make weapons and they have more dollars.

If they wanted to attack, there wouldn't be much of a world left afterwards...they are smarter than that.

I have a crazy notion
that global threats are artificial and purely manufactured for profit. The people at the top have their little knickers in all the cookie jars and play good cop bad cop.

However, I would like to take it beyond the crazy notion and see if their is any underlying evidence to suggest that this might be truly the case.

I think the blatant national defense oversight around the world may suggest such a crazy notion.

Politicians and military strategist aren't dummies and of course I'm making assumptions from a civilian POV and not an insider. Additionally, I'm curious of what can be derived from the following assumptions if anything.

What I ASSUME to be a valid view of our current situation in the US (without any insider information)
1. We have outsourced so much of our goods and services for so long that we would have a hard time switching from a peaceful state to a war state and becoming a manufacturing powerhouse.

2. We use foreign manufactured electronic components. Therefore we could be in a dire situation to create,fix and maintain our latest technology to give us that advantage.

3. We use foreign manufactured electronic components. Who is to say there are not back doors in some of those electronic components manufactured by foreign entities.

4. We use contractors that subcontract to subcontractors,etc. Who is to say down the line it doesn't makes its way to a foreign entity who gets access to our TS stuff.

So if those are valid assumptions especially 1 and 2 then:
1. Our politicians and military strategist don't see a threat to be concerned about those things.

2. We have such a secret in-house manufactured weapon that is light years ahead of our current tech that those concerns are really irrelevant if TSHTF .We also hope that our enemy don't have such advance tech.

3. There is a hidden group that has oversight over the world nations that the general public is not previe to.

Note I'm not trying to convince anyone into the NWO scenerio. I believe more that the world is run by Oligopoly industries that dictate world movements and events.

However, if my assumptions are correct I can see where there might truly be a group or Oligopoly (Military Industrial Complex: Lockheed,Boeing,Raytheon,etc ) that has complete oversight over governments.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

LOL,

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

At a guess, China's weaknesses lie in Food distribution/supplies, oil and gas supplies.

Great points !!! , I did forget about the lack of Oil , gas and food. That is definitely a big weakness for them.

However, is that enough to make us comfortable and sloppy to overlook our blatant weakness that I mentioned?

1. How would the US be able to fight against china if we needed to replenish our electronic components and supplies?

2. Is their enough Americans with the knowledge and capability to successfully manufacture weapons in-house ?

Very good response and insight , thanks.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If another country wanted to attack the United States, whether it was China or some other country, they would attack our power grids first. You can hack into a power grid and actually make the grid destroy itself by overheating the system. Most people would not know what to do if their power went out and the enemy started attacking them with drones or fighter jets. The key would be to make sure that all the grids for the air force, army, navy and missile sites were taken out at approximately the same time. Once your military is compromised and can't communicate with each other, they are easy prey. All your civilians are just sitting targets waiting to be taken out.
Most of the militaries of the world today rely on computer tech devices. The biggest worry is not if you have the capability to manufacture more weapons, it is the computer hackers who can take down a whole army by just knowing computer code and hacking into power grids.
There is also technology called EMP's that can knock out miles and miles of power with electromagnetic frequencies. It can also fry the computer brain box of any vehicle or airplane and make them immobile.
So, the next time that your power goes out and for some unknown reason your smart phone and your car will not work, you better get ready, because it might just be the end of the world as we know it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

IMHO If war broke out between US and China... it would quickly escalate into an all-out nuclear conflict!

So put on your sunglasses cos its gonna get bright

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

WormwoodSquirm
Im pretty sure that scenario would be no contest. Even a few 30 year old stealth bombers and our cruise missiles would make fried rice in minutes. Then after that bombardment a single state could whoop their asses. Numbers wouldnt matter when you have the air and weapons such as microwave guns to fry whole crowds and lord only knows what else the US would have to use in them.
There are a lot more of them but as far as military goes we are the experts on this planet.

I agree that technology can take care of numbers. However, that technology is likely being manufactured overseas and we use electronic components built overseas.

Shouldn't we be concerned that some of those components that power our advance technology are being built overseas and likely by China? What if they have been putting back doors in the chips we use to build our advance technology and we go to press the button and nothing happens. Shouldn't that be a national concern?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
China has ZERO force projection capabilities, while the US has worldwide capabilities. China would be destroyed so easy it would be laughable. There is literally nothing short of nuclear strikes that they can do to the US. The US can blockade them and destroy their entire economy. Nuclear strikes would not go well for China, as our missile defense systems would protect us, limiting damage (though to think there would be none is foolish) while our nukes landed with near 100% accuracy turning their country into fallout wastelands.

Someday this may not be the case, right now, China has zero conventional ability to combat America.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by deathmode

Great point about the language barrier, but in regards to using our advance technology I see a blatant weakness if my assumptions are correct.

1. We assume that the electrical components we use in our advance tech which is manufactured overseas doesn't have any built in back doors. That leaves us open to the possibility in the event we go to press the button, nothing happens.

2. Our advance tech will need to be maintained,repaired or created. Are we equipped to do that?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UndercoverJoe

I agree what you are saying about hacking being a large threat and that goes with what I'm saying if my assumptions are correct.

We not only outsource our manufacturing for planes, weapons, tanks,boats, etc but also do it at the electronic component level. These chips and cpu's etc can have back doors in them. It would be difficult to sort out and catch those back doors since they range probably in the billions.

Hence we are blatantly increasing our likelihood of being hacked by having foreign electronic components in our devices. However, this does not appear to be a topic of concern or discussion?

edit on 20-11-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

combatmaster

IMHO If war broke out between US and China... it would quickly escalate into an all-out nuclear conflict!

So put on your sunglasses cos its gonna get bright

Do our nuclear facilities have any chips manufactured in China? Who is to say if we press the number something will happen?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join