It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Melted Fukushima fuel is 30 centimeters from entering ground after eating through concrete!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

AP: Melted Fukushima fuel is 30 centimeters from entering ground after eating through concrete, says simulation

Uncertainties abound in Fukushima decommissioning
Nov 19, 6:04 AM EST

Computer simulations show the melted fuel in Unit 1, whose core damage was the most extensive, has breached the bottom of the primary containment vessel and even partially eaten into its concrete foundation, coming within about 30 centimeters (one foot) of leaking into the ground.

hosted.ap.org...

edit on 20-11-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Don't you just love the way they are calling it "decommissioning"? Personally I am shocked that it is not already in the ground. Since these are not the fuel rods from number four reactor I have to assume that there is not yet a plan for removing the material that is almost through the floor.

This never gets better. While the immediate effects may not be as bad a Chernobyl I think the long terms ones may be far worse.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is a common knowledge since at least two years and more!

Nr. 1 is really bad but since that Days (in March 2011) they do not found any Gases
with Traces of Concrete, Iron or What so ever!
(Do not know the right Word in English. "Spectral Analysis" maybe?)

The Simulations suggest that this Process was stopped just in Time,
please Research it!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I would love to research it! Did Tepco provide you with any reading material to help us mere mortals understand?

Given your location and the nature of your post I am going to skip the word going through my head right now and just go with this; Are you trying to convince yourself that it is going to be alright because you are afraid of what might be happening and the effects it will have on you? (Some call this denial)

Or are you trying to convince us it's okay? This of course is my guess but hey I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Fukushima: “China Syndrome Is Inevitable” … “Huge Steam Explosions”
Global Research, November 22, 2011

www.globalresearch.ca...

The True Battle of Chernobyl Uncensored (Full)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At 01:29 ..

Nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen took 5 random soil samples in Tokyo, and found that all 5 were so radioactive that they would be considered radioactive waste in the United States ..

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Victims of Three Mile Island Nuclear Accident Speak Out. Arnie Gundersen's Podcast
Aug 15, 2013

fairewinds.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

MariaLida

AP: Melted Fukushima fuel is 30 centimeters from entering ground after eating through concrete, says simulation

Uncertainties abound in Fukushima decommissioning
Nov 19, 6:04 AM EST

Computer simulations show the melted fuel in Unit 1, whose core damage was the most extensive, has breached the bottom of the primary containment vessel and even partially eaten into its concrete foundation, coming within about 30 centimeters (one foot) of leaking into the ground.

hosted.ap.org...

wow these stories are popping up all over the forum today. i'm just wondering what makes them "think" it hasn't gone through already and for that matter how do they figure it has stopped? as far as the limited radiation knowledge i have, tells me this wont be stopping for a very long long time.

i would flag this but i cannot as yet do that.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Mamatus

I would love to research it! Did Tepco provide you with any reading material to help us mere mortals understand?

Given your location and the nature of your post I am going to skip the word going through my head right now and just go with this; Are you trying to convince yourself that it is going to be alright because you are afraid of what might be happening and the effects it will have on you? (Some call this denial)

Or are you trying to convince us it's okay? This of course is my guess but hey I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

1. I am a Gemini and highly optimistic about the Future
2. Tepco provided a lot of Material as well as many other international/
national Institutes, Universities and Organizations, Pro- and Anti- Nuclear!

All you need to do is asking for Information from a specific Source!

3. You should see my Postings from the first Months after my Return
to Japan, i was very much in a Panic Mode, i am still in it but already
much more calm than before and this is good!

Denial is what happen in the USA, Canada and all the other Countries
but not here and inside of me!

4. "To Convince" is the wrong Word but i want to reduce your fear,
negative Thoughts and the effects of it!

5. I am still straight Anti-Nuclear but not because of the Atoms.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Windscale Britains Biggest Nuclear Disaster ( Nothing compared to Fukushima ).
Sep 16, 2011

The Windscale fire of 10 October 1957 was the worst nuclear accident in Great Britain's history, ranked in severity at level 5 on the 7-point International Nuclear Event Scale.

The accident occurred when the core of the Unit 1 nuclear reactor at Windscale, Cumberland (now Sellafield, Cumbria) caught fire, releasing substantial amounts of radioactive contamination into the surrounding area.

The fire burned for three days and there was a release of radioactive material that spread across the UK and Europe.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Reading that article made me remember the "Elephant's Foot" of corium at chernobyl...

Wiki page about the "foot"

I can't embed a photo because the dialog box isn't filling up with stuff to click on so here's a link to a picture of it: The foot

Are there any indications that the melted fuel is in this state? Are they even able to get robots down there to take photos?
edit on 20-11-2013 by SolarObserver because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

MELTDOWN AT THREE MILE ISLAND
Aug 22, 2013

Documentary Of 1979 Three Mile Island Nuclear Accident
1999 PBS-TV documentary chronicling the terrifying near-catastrophe that occurred in Pennsylvania at the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant in March 1979.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

at 17:50

MELTDOWN AT THREE MILE ISLAND

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarObserver

According to all the Data "we" have seen the molten Coria is still
inside of the final Containment, normally the Saddle of the whole
Torus, the strengthened Concrete,
is already outside of the Special Steel Containment
but this is imo. just the matter of the Definition!

There is no visible Evidence of the state and location of the Fuel
and every Estimation is based on Analysis of the Gases, Water, Time
and the recovery of the Cooling!

Fact is, based on the Data "we" have
that the Core is stable and not hot enough to melt
further and deeper

Edit: There are Video Investigations from the inside of the Torus
of all 3 Reactors but very difficult to get a Conclusion.

Humans are not expected to go that close to the Fuel
before ca. 2020!
(see Roadmap for Recovery)
edit on 20-11-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I can't provide any information to this thread I'm afraid I'm more of a follower. Just wanted to say thanks for the information on that UK disaster. I've lived in the UK all my life (I'm only 28) and have never heard of that accident

I always considered nuclear power to be more reliable than dangerous but just looking at the effects of a small accident and seeing how damaging it is I'm thinking maybe nuclear power is not so good

Without going off topic too much .. Would nuclear power be more safer if it was scaled down. Instead of building huge power plants could they not use mini power stations. If a submarine or aircraft carrier can be powered by one couldn't they be used to power small communities, just a thought

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I like how after that new Law was introduced everything is fine and dandy!!

Fuk-‘hush’-ima: Japan’s new state secrets law gags whistleblowers, raises press freedom fears
rt.com/news/japan-state-secrets-law-712/
rt.com...

Many issues of national importance to Japan, probably including the state of the Fukushima power plant, may be designated state secrets under a new draft law. Once signed, it could see whistleblowers jailed for up to 10 years.

Coincidence?

edit on 20-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

They even tryed coving up the Windscale fire!
If our Gov can try then im sure the Japanise can too!

I don't trust a word they say, If they say its going well i guess its not, when they say its a problem, i guess its a nightmare!

civilised cultures n all that

Dailymail

BBC

Grunidad

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
ABC NEWS West Coast Evacuation Due To Fukishima Radiation Possible!
Nov 20, 2013

Alaska: 28% of polar bears with skin lesions & hair loss, thyroids tested by gov’t… like symptoms in seals & walrus — Surprisingly high mortality of musk ox, weak immune system suspected — High rate of embryo deaths & bad eggs for geese

enenews.com... high-mortality-of-musk-ox-with-weak-immune-function-gees
edit on 21-11-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

This Law is not Signed, means, in a legal Sense, not valid,
to think what you think is based on a wrong interpretation of this Law,
and even when this Law is signed, in the far Future,
Fukushima itself must be first a declared "State Secret" before
this Law start to work.

It is more than doubtful that this Law pass the Democratic Process here in Japon!

By the Way Abe and his Gang have other Problems because the Election
is declared null and void since two Days!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

What if it was "secretly" signed??

Doesn't Japan have an Emperor??

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I heard that the cores were approximately 40 ft below the bottom of the containment units and in the earth already.

This might explain why earlier in the year they were looking at creating a wall of ice deep down in the ground (again, below the bottom of the containment buildings). The argument at the time was that it would prevent contamination of ground water that was running through the site from the hills, but this made no sense as the wall was to be built between the containment buildings and the ocean.

Hindsight being 20/20, maybe what they are trying to do is cool ther cores by freezing the ground...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 21-12-2013 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join