It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones are BAD, TERRIBLE things!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Stealthbomber

Montana
I am not afraid of drones. I am afraid of the misuse drones will be put to doing.

How is this different than a piloted a/c? Drones usually take at least one less person to be convinced to participate in the misuse. Other than that, no difference, as I am just as concerned about the misuse of the police helicopter with the FLIR.

I don't think any logical person would disagree with the law of human nature that the frequency of wrongful actions increase when they become easier to commit.

You can have a lot of fun with a police chopper with FLIR. I won't post exactly how as it may break t&c's but all you need is a bucket and an extension cord.

Now I am curious ? You Aussies got nothing better to do than lose the ashes.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm just not sure why they would need a drone flying orbits around to spy on people. They apparently have unlimited access to our phones, electronic devices, personal cameras, etc. So, why waste the money and energy to get a drone in the air over your house, when they cam simply click a mouse or tap a screen and get all they want to know over that little interwebby thingy?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

SonofaSkunk
I'm just not sure why they would need a drone flying orbits around to spy on people. They apparently have unlimited access to our phones, electronic devices, personal cameras, etc. So, why waste the money and energy to get a drone in the air over your house, when they cam simply click a mouse or tap a screen and get all they want to know over that little interwebby thingy?

Exactly, and you didn't even mention satellite intelligence. IMO i can see using the spying angle solely as just phase 1.

Implementation phases:
1. Get the general public comfortable with the drones being overhead.
2. Show the benefits and how they were successful in solving crime.
3. Show the benefits of weaponizing them and preventing crime.

Whether its good or bad I do see getting it to Phase 3 and being a very lucrative business for the existing Drone lobbying industry.

This is being driven by an industry that is first and foremost driven by profit and not concern for the general public.

So no different than any other industry and the biggest problem with our gov't. Therefore, don't fool yourself or allow the MSM to fool the people in to thinking that its not about making money for its lobbying industry benefactors. This has the potential to be a serious waste of tax payers money by providing redundant services for redundant services.

I can see the benefits of drones for overseas where you don't have access or control of other spying mechanisms , but inside the US its very questionable if we will get a ROI on this. Nonetheless its being pushed rather hard.

edit on 21-11-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

The only issue i see in phase 3 is what would they arm drones with ? Hellfires ? I don't see law enforcement blowing up a suspect in a car chase. What sort of crime do you think they will be dealing with ?

Machine guns? Seeing as the drone will be high a machine gun isn't going to be accurate. Your going to have a lot of collateral using one of those from a high altitude. A lot of collateral isn't going to make the public think they are safe
edit on 21-11-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Good questions and good points.

However, I'm sure they will develop something down the road maybe non lethal tazers, pepper sprays and then on to some new lethal enabled tech? As long as they can keep selling and upcharging I see no end to it in the long run.

My main point is that the drones are being pushed by monetary purposes by the its lobbying group and not by a real need , as we already have plenty of means to spy on the peeps.

The NSA already has access to all electronic devices and satellite surveillance. This is just a way to spend tax payers money and make a few much more wealthy than they already are.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Still a drone is operated at high altitude a tazer and pepper spray isn't going to work. And as someone else mentioned why use all this money to use drones as a way of spying when we can already be tracked by smart phones satellites phone calls etc

I see what you are saying though I try to understand both sides of an argument/debate even if I'm in favour of one side

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The Honolulu Fire Department lost Air One during a Search and Rescue in a valley when a jacket came out of the cabin and tangled in the tail rotor causing them to go straight in. A UAV would have kept that from happening, until they located the hiker, and a helicopter get him out.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Go to bed Zaph it's got to be silly o clock where you are. This is a point I wanted to mention to, a drone can be useful in search and rescue. I read a story about someone getting lost in California (I think) out in the desert or something like that and I thought a drone would be so useful right now.
Such a better on station time than a manned helicopter

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I'm off for a few days so I can stay up late.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Ok ok i let you off .. Just this once!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

One of the seasons why I think swarm drones would be the best solution to search and rescue in complex environments without greater risk to the search and rescue team members.

www.youtube.com...

They could cover vast areas under the canopy in dense forests or inside the rubble of an earthquake disaster zone.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

There's so many applications that we can see right now why they're a good idea and will SAVE human lives and there will be more in the future when technology gets better, we realise other capabilities.

P.s I'll ignore that ashes comment

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Me 2, most of the time I post on the forum is really to validate my point of view and to get some insight from other peoples insight.

I'm usually a cynic when it comes to things gov't does for our betterment. I tend to follow the money first and as you stated another member did make a good observation about already being able to do most of the things the drones will do.

Although under certain situations the drones would have an advantage , I think they are going to go buck wild on these things in the pursuit of money for its lobbying industry instead on a need basis.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Haha from what I read this morning you guys came back in the ashes ..

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

It's true there's not that much to do with spying that can't already be done with police choppers, phone tapping, metadata, satellites. People are just throwing it out there that drones are somehow evil.

I can guarantee and 10 years down the track you can hold me to it, that drones will save more lives than they will take excluding wars etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

That's a fair point I'm always open to different ways at looking at things I've never considered following a money trail can see where you are going with it.

Reply to the thread in general: it's funny how despite stealth bombers title that there isn't more anti drone people commenting. Usually when I see a post about drones it's full of users posting paranoid answers .. Who knows

Question for Zaph: never really seen you comment about drones, what do you make of the use of drones? You hate it or not bothered? I'm sure you have more ideas on how they operate. Just curious of what you make of drone use

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

Stealthbomber

Montana
I am not afraid of drones. I am afraid of the misuse drones will be put to doing.

How is this different than a piloted a/c? Drones usually take at least one less person to be convinced to participate in the misuse. Other than that, no difference, as I am just as concerned about the misuse of the police helicopter with the FLIR.

I don't think any logical person would disagree with the law of human nature that the frequency of wrongful actions increase when they become easier to commit.

You can have a lot of fun with a police chopper with FLIR. I won't post exactly how as it may break t&c's but all you need is a bucket and an extension cord.

If your curious about that you should see what you can do with a balloon and an electric blanket or copper wire, a certain chemical and a candle

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

There's a few but it's hard to argue how drones are magic in the aviation forum so maybe they prefer not to have their theories shot down haha

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Stealthbomber

It's true there's not that much to do with spying that can't already be done with police choppers, phone tapping, metadata, satellites. People are just throwing it out there that drones are somehow evil.

I can guarantee and 10 years down the track you can hold me to it, that drones will save more lives than they will take excluding wars etc.

See you in 10 years drone lover! Just joking. To be honest I don't think drones will take off that quickly (excuse the pun .. Unintended) the reason for this is just well they are a little expensive at the minute and also as I mention a bit further back. These drones will require training and maybe more man power especially of there are going to be mini 'fleets' of these. More man power and more training is going to cost more that with the price of drones will probably amount to quite a bit

And put it this way everyone is broke.

I dunno not an expert just throwing my views out there

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Stealthbomber

ThePeaceMaker

Stealthbomber

Montana

If your curious about that you should see what you can do with a balloon and an electric blanket or copper wire, a certain chemical and a candle

Tease! You are going to have to u2u me lol
edit on 22-11-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: My poor grammar

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join