It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones are BAD, TERRIBLE things!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I think he was referring to this story:

worldnews.nbcnews.com...>=43001

and the other 8 killed, but according to this story, 5 of the 9 were Taliban.

and i guess the other 4 don't matter to our murderous government..... collateral damage eh. if we must kill innocent people to kill (supposedly) guilty ones, why bother, since our world and lives would be deemed worthless anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Who said anything about then being weaponized over the US? The vast majority of the ones over the US are going to be way too small to carry a hand grenade, let alone a hellfire.

As for the Sentinel, some genius decided that since they had lost a couple to someone hitting the kill switch they were going to remove it.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Would it be correct that unless it a military drone flying a training mission or something that the drones over the US wouldn't be allowed to carry weapons?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Yes, and the military ones will be in MOAs.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

No problems, it's a pet hate for me as well. I've been thinking about it for a few weeks also but then some guy on another thread said something stupid about drones so I thought it was about time lol

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OceanSpray

Ocean thank you mate I wasn't trying to be a pain .. Drones are a touchy subject with me sorry. Thank you again though .. You know how ats is

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

We share the same frustration! Just glad I didn't make it, as I'm in the UK it's not really a big deal here so u couldn't relate to anything in the US. Also I think someone like yourself has better knowledge on the subject than I do

Edit: when I first saw the thread pop up with the title you chose I was thinking 'oh god not another one' but then started reading .. A sigh of relief came my mouth. Loved the line 'now I've got your attention' .. Definitely got my attention I was ready for a rant lol
edit on 21-11-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

Ocean thank you mate I wasn't trying to be a pain .. Drones are a touchy subject with me sorry. Thank you again though .. You know how ats is

you're not a pain my friend, you're asking questions and that is what we all must continue doing if we're ever going to change our global course for the better.

drones themselves are nothing but another tool, it's the real tools who are the problem.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

It bothers me that people get so paranoid and think that drones can do things that are just unbelievably stupid lol

Oh yeah I'm not from the US either I'm from Australia but i research a lot of projects from the US. The best thing we've got flying at the moment in our skies is probably your Taranis project

ETA: I made the title like that to catch the attention of the readership on here that's anti-drone but it also catches the other people that are pro-drone so it works both ways

edit on 21-11-2013 by Stealthbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
the fact is that fruit fly you seen in the kitchen the other day was a droan sent by tptb to infiltrate your house, spy on you, record what you're saying, and video tape you. And although you tried to catch it it was too fast for some strange reason wasn't it? That's because it was a droan. It's so small that it can hide in plain sight and you'd likely not even know it's there. thats' already out there I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Hah this is true just glad you didn't take it the wrong way thank you

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Care to show any evidence that these flies that are indeed drones and are being used right now ?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Drone not droan..

Also you have to ask yourself this question, WHY would the NSA/CIA/NRO ECT. Waste money spying on you? It doesn't have the resources to spy on everyone in the world. Do you know that it takes a few people to fly a drone/UAV?

So no that fruit fly in your house was just a fruit fly and the reason why you couldn't catch it was because you were too slow.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'd like to note here, there were drones WITH weapons on the wings seen over and around the Chicago NATO summit which happened some time back. I'll note, in all fairness, there were also U.S. Combat forces in the area, in addition to everything the Coast Guard had to contribute for that region ....atop to civilian law enforcement that represented a very diverse range of agencies as well.

Anyone who says drones haven't been over the U.S. while armed, isn't very well informed. However infrequently it's happened, ONCE outside the flight to and from a training range is too much. Far too much.

Also, we can say they don't patrol with weapons hot at the moment...but there are MANY things that have started since 9/11 with a 'It won't become......' or 'but it's only.....'. The Patriot Act is the best example of apparent limitations to action being NO limitations at all in real world practice, and years down the road.

I personally don't mind drone TECH...but the tech is being abused, as it always seems to be, for control and destruction first and foremost above all other uses. George Orwell couldn't have guessed how bad reality would be compared to 1984.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It worked very well the title that is. I get what you are saying about how people think drones can do everything including ironing the operators uniform

What makes me laugh is that people assume the drone (when they see one) is watching them. Id understand if they used them in Aus after all we did send all our criminals to you guys years ago

Just kidding

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Oh and the fruit fly .. They always seem to stop flying when I spray them with Raid fly killer. So either they are fruit flies .. Or my can of Raid messes with the optics and sensors of the drone resulting in the fly to go ... Bzzzzz bzz bz .. Dead

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I was making an example that GPS tempering can be significant and not a minor form of attack. Nonetheless , just because they aren't being used now with loaded weapons, doesn't mean they wont.

www.businessinsider.com...
"Drones have their own trade group, the Association for Unmanned Aerial Systems International, which includes some of the nation's leading aerospace companies. And Congress now has 'drone caucuses' in both the Senate and House.

There is an enormous profit to be made from exploiting the domestic drone market,

As for a the Genius that decided the best solution was to remove the kill switch. Double face palm.

edit on 21-11-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

You know the civil side will probably get into things like forest fires and things of that nature. The police ones will be the ones 'spying' on you.

As for the Iran one, it was possibly done on purpose by the USA.. Possibly.

edit on 21-11-2013 by Stealthbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Montana
I am not afraid of drones. I am afraid of the misuse drones will be put to doing.

How is this different than a piloted a/c? Drones usually take at least one less person to be convinced to participate in the misuse. Other than that, no difference, as I am just as concerned about the misuse of the police helicopter with the FLIR.

I don't think any logical person would disagree with the law of human nature that the frequency of wrongful actions increase when they become easier to commit.

You can have a lot of fun with a police chopper with FLIR. I won't post exactly how as it may break t&c's but all you need is a bucket and an extension cord.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Stealthbomber

You can have a lot of fun with a police chopper with FLIR. I won't post exactly how as it may break t&c's but all you need is a bucket and an extension cord.

Hush, now!

You'll encourage the kids around here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join