It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones are BAD, TERRIBLE things!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Now that I have your attention,

I see literally about 10-20 posts per day on here(Not necessarily in this forum) about people thinking drones can do everything short of tie your shoelaces!

I think it could be good if people have a problem with drones or have a question as to their capabilities they could ask on this thread because a lot of the things people think drones can do they cant or some of the things they can do can be done in exactly the same way a normal pilot would do it but without the risk of harming a human pilot..

Its not my intention to start an argument on here, but mainly to just clear up a few misconceptions as drones are getting a pretty bad rap at the moment,

So id like to know what exactly your scared of when it comes to drones??

Cheers, Keep it friendly

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The drones themselves are not a bad thing. The problem for me personally is with the very latest versions that will be able to kill without an operator being at the stick, instead relying upon an automated algorithm to decide yea or nae.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Any kind of drone is a bad drone. Doesn't matter, you like drones flying over your head to see what you're doing at any particular time they think your doing slightly suspicious activity (like calling Obama a socalitst). Not only can it spy on you, it drop right on your head anytime they feel like pushing one little button. That's what I call scary!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Number 1 misconception, a drone flying over you while your walking your dog cannot/will not fire on you, posse comitatus doesn't allow the use of the military against US civilians.

If your scared about the surveillance though just a question, are you also scared of the police chopper flying above you using FLIR?

edit on 20-11-2013 by Stealthbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

LARS(lethal autonomous robots) are not possible with current technology and are still a long way off. They couldn't put these into use unless they were certain they could only kill enemies, it would be a publicity nightmare if one of these went rouge and started killing a bunch of civilians.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

My brother-in-law was telling me last night that he heard/read a news article about a guy in TX who's selling Drone Hunting licenses for $100 a pop.

Supposedly he's already sold about 100 of them...

You have to love the enterprising spirit of people...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

www.thedenverchannel.com...

Here's the article, they're being sold as a novelty

edit on 20-11-2013 by Stealthbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
And to think, technology will only get better.

That means it will become more powerful as each day passes.

So the real problem we must deal with is the "Hearts of Man", because that is what will decide how such tools are used and for what purposes.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Number 1 misconception, a drone flying over you while your walking your dog cannot/will not fire on you, posse comitatus doesn't allow the use of the military against US civilians.

Yep, and search and seizure without a warrant is a violation of our Constitution....

And that happens every day now.

So, yeah.... No worries, right?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The potential for abuse to life and liberty is endless.
When they can do everything from see you using various types of camera/vision modes - IR, Night Vision to loosing Hellfire missiles and come in every size from dragonfly to Goodyear blimps and fly above visual range or at night these are platforms of death and control.
They want 30,000 of these over US airspace?
We'd be insane to allow anyone to hold a gun to our heads which is exactly what allowing this will be.

Ask any Pakistani what they think of drones.
You can't fight what you can't see.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I will add that there was a drone flying over Austin Tx just last week, I think Fri or Saturday.

How do I know this is the most likely reality?

Because it flew in a tight circle around and around for over 3-4 hours straight, non-stop.
It did not deviate from it's Looping.

It was blinking as per law, and it's sound was that of a prop engine, which hummed the entire time for hours, but it was very low so you wouldn't hear it unless you went outside and traffic on the road subsided.

I see airplanes coming into the airport constantly, and I know the routes aircraft fly over my house regularly. None of them do a circle around above the town like this, ever.

I see helicopters going here or there, and I recognize their sounds as well.

So even though it was night time (perhaps 7pm to 11ish?), I can ascertain that the "activity" I witnessed fits drone behavior best. I have never seen anyone loiter over a city in a Cessna for 4 hours in a circle...it didn't deviate at all, it was autopilot.

I'd bet for this in Vegas I'm feeling 98%+ odds here.

*Edit to say I do have like 5min of video when I first noticed it, but it's all black with just a flashing light.
I think I did record a few full loops worth though *A small portion 15% or so is blocked by the roof*. I still have it somewhere but like I said, it's not gonna convince anyone it's just black with a flashing light (and very hard to see trees/buildings/etc).

I only recorded it because I was expecting it to do something....else....haha!
edit on 20-11-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

So the real problem we must deal with is the "Hearts of Man"

Even worse, we are dealing with politicians.

I have seen no proof that they even have hearts.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It's a bit different, the military cannot use weapons against their own civilians.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Like I said earlier how's that any different from a police chopper flying over using FLIR?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
The potential for abuse to life and liberty is endless.
When they can do everything from see you using various types of camera/vision modes - IR, Night Vision to loosing Hellfire missiles and come in every size from dragonfly to Goodyear blimps and fly above visual range or at night these are platforms of death and control.
They want 30,000 of these over US airspace?
We'd be insane to allow anyone to hold a gun to our heads which is exactly what allowing this will be.

Ask any Pakistani what they think of drones.
You can't fight what you can't see.

Imagine the potentials.

Savvy criminals could just jam the radios of police by merely generating enough interference.

You can Hack into a Drone and take over it's Controls.
How else does the Govt control the Drone? That's how you can gain control.
All wireless.

All it takes is creativity and some know-how.

The criminal of the future is a force to be reckoned with.
I am more afraid of that inevitability than the inept Govt who won't be able to stop them from hijacking their drones with a phone.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Stealthbomber
reply to post by butcherguy

It's a bit different, the military cannot use weapons against their own civilians.

Would you consider the National Guard to be a 'military' force?

If not, then WTH are they?

If so......Kent State shootings

Can not, but did anyway. That IS my point from the start. There are rules but they don't follow them.
edit on 20-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Drones make killing affordable. Drones make spying, killing more like a game than anything in real life.

Drones remove the human element.

Drones are disgusting impartial tools of war.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

"It was autopilot"

Wow ok, I thought it was common knowledge that nearly all planes have an autopilot? Yes even ones with props can have an autopilot.

Do you know how I know it wasn't a drone though? Because drones flying over the US need a chase plane to be within visual range at all times so unless there was another plane up
There with it flying the same circles I'd say it was most likely a normal plane using up a bit of fuel before landing. You just chuck on the autopilot and it flys in a circle for you, you didn't think that pilots just kept turning the yoke when they're in holding patterns did you?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Stealthbomber
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Like I said earlier how's that any different from a police chopper flying over using FLIR?

Absent the pilot there is no difference.
It's a complete invasion of privacy and pisses on the 4th Amendment as unreasonable search.
They will be even more bold with a drone since there is no pilot in danger -
They're sitting in an air-conditioned trailer in NM sipping a big gulp and texting their gf while they buzz anyone they please.
I think drone pilots are about as scummy a person possible right after politicians, lawyers and bankers ( the ones working for JSOC over Pakistan).
edit on 20-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
People should really think twice about what is happening. I see a lot of people agreeing more and more to government spying.

I hear more and ore people say that if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. Here is were our problem will be in the future if spying is going to be a common leagal activity of our governments.

These drones set in a combination with a government spying network, can become a very dangures thing of the future when the government starts to build specific profiles on each and everyone of us.
They could start to build a political and religious profiel on each and every one of us without you knowing about it.

Than you should keep in mind that governments changes laws more often than you change your underwear. Because of this you can suddenly be on the government hit list. All they have to do is change the law.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join