It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange text issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The past few days I have been seeing a strange issue with some italicised text on this site. It acts like a link, except nothing happens when you click on it.

example here

Is it just me? It is getting a rollover effect is the best I can explain it.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I believe the poster INTENDED that in the post for emphasis as is provided to do when clicking the capitol and slanted "I" above for when composing posts.

Like I did here for you.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's not just you. I've noticed it since the beginning. Not sure what purpose it serves, though.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah i noticed that too..but if you flip over the the Caucasian version of ATS (lol) you'll notice it doesn't do that.

So I assume it's a drawback from using the dark functionality.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Still getting the rollover, even in the bright ouch my eyes version lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's in the stylesheet. If you take a look at ats_color_dark_v2.css on line 108 you'll see:

i:hover [ color: #ffffff; ]

The hover selector can be set on any element (not just links) and in this case, it changes the color of the text from #d0d8d4 to #ffffff (white). This is intentional behavior.
edit on 19-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Oh, good catch, I see it. It does seem to be programmed into the CSS sheet. Pretty odd I guess, usually the hover effect is only used on links.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I stole this from Beezer:

I know what the problem is..

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Haha maybe that is who told the coders to add the splice of code that was messing with my mind then

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

_BoneZ_
reply to post by TKDRL

It's not just you. I've noticed it since the beginning. Not sure what purpose it serves, though.

Your right, one evening a post of mine came out italic and it was not instigated by Em Wah.
I thought it was SO on the pee, and messing about. I also have curious mouseovers if the mouse hovers over members profiles on the left, as if written in the third party. As a matter of fact, I am curious as to what others see on their mouseover texts that appear.
In edit, I should have said, my emphasise here being on the post coming out in italics. The example given by the OP, for instance, was that intended to be italicised in the first place.
edit on 20-11-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join