It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Gardens of Heligan.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I came across the Lost Gardens of Heligan, completely by accident, today…

All the years I have been living in the UK, I have never heard of this place. The crazy thing is, is that it is only a stone’s throw away from where my parents live, I don’t think that they have ever heard of it either….

When I first set my eyes on the photographs of the gardens, lush greenery, beauty and mysticism of the place, I was in complete awe and astonishment…

Now I don’t really know a great deal about this place, I only came across its whereabouts this morning, but it is a place I really want to visit next year…

The Lost Gardens of Heligan are situated in Pentewan, St.Austell, Cornwall….

Here is the link for more information…
heligan.com...

I have been lucky enough to have travelled around the world and visited so many places, but the one thing I always miss when I am away is the greenery of England. I always look forward to getting back to Old Blighty and getting on a train and staring out of the window at all the beauty of the countryside. The greenery of the grass and trees, old churches and their wonderful spires, dry stone walls, country cottages, and of course the great English country Inn, that serves up a good old English pint…

So have a look at the photographs and have a smile to yourself of the beauty of this wonderful country and let me know what you think….

Cheers

davethebear

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Went there last summer, it certainly is beautiful. You can get lost for hours.
Its not really "lost" though it is a main tourist attraction in that area

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Hic sunt dracones
Went there last summer, it certainly is beautiful. You can get lost for hours.
Its not really "lost" though it is a main tourist attraction in that area

Yeah, I didn't expect it to be that lost, but I suppose it adds to the mysticism of the place by using the word lost in the title....

But glad that you enjoyed your time there, I am looking forward to the visit when the weather gets warmer again next year....

cheers

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What a beautiful place!
I would love to get lost in there. Somebody would probably have to drag me out.
Thank you for sharing this. I have seen the photo of the first sleeper in the ground before and always wondered where it was. I figured it was a solitary figure in a private garden somewhere. I love the fact that its a public place. I'm gonna be a little old lady eventually, dragging my husband all over the world to see these amazing places. There is a wisteria garden in Japan that I hope to see one day too.

join