It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for cheap 9" screen tablet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Any recommend tablets about up to £150 price range and 9" screen size or above that is good for surfing and Facebook for my other half?
Have found a few but comments range from brilliant to poor for same models.
So if any on here have something like that and think it is good please let me know.
Thanks.....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That's about $250? Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is probably going to be your best bet. I have had one for about a year, no complaints at all.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Looks pretty good that one.....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Nook hd+ is $179 and can do all of those things. It's similar to Kindle Fire.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by katydidwonder

Thanks, will have a look

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

The local BigLots™ has an 8" comes w/a cover and keyboard for $79.99USD I remember shipping across ThePond can be a pain? You want I to keep an eye out for a 9" ? You did type "cheap"

EDIT: I'll swap You for an equal amount of haggis...

edit on 09/03/2013 by LewisStulePhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

I use an iPad and she needs something that has the same size screen and as I said she just needs it for surfing and facebook etc. nothing too fancy or expensive....But don't want to buy something that later turns out to be junk

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by katydidwonder

The Kindle Fire HD is far better than any Nook available.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Tesco hudl - only 7" but why EXACTLY does she need 9 ?? only £116 basic - and you can redeme clubcard vouchers @ double value - so £15 in vouchers gets 30 quid of the price

its a basic tablet - but few apps [ excluding graphic intense games ] need any better performance

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I know but if it was up to me I would get her the 7" as it's just the same except a bit smaller and a lot cheaper.,going to see them in the stores first anyway and try them out. Appreciate all the suggestions here...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I just saw an ad in the Sunday paper where one of the big stores... Walmart, Target, BestBuy... I don't remember which, had the Kindle Fire HD on sale at $139.00!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

We are going tomorrow to look and hopefully buy one that she wants, because it's no use me saying to get one that I like if she doesn't . Because at the end of the day , she's the one who will be using it.
I have shown her the comments and advice here so hopefully she will take it all in and buy a decent one.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have an Ainol Novo 10 Hero 10.1" full HD, they go for around £135 on ebay. My nephew prefers it to his ipad, he's never of it when he's round my house, so much so we've decided to buy him one for when he's round here. He did drop it a few weeks ago and broke the screen but got a replacement screen no bother, so spares are easy to get if anything should go wrong, well worth a look.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by scrog77

Hey Scrog- Are You an angler? I'm down in Flori-Duh and just moved into a waterfront home and have My bass boat in the boathouse. If You ever get over here let Me know and we can angle. I thought only "TheGut" and I were anglers...

Also, I am a computer neophyte and saw both Your avatar and Your thing at the bottom re: creations. Can You "hook Me up"? (pun intended) Something with "micropteru salmoides Flori-DUHanus" Flori-DUH largemouth.. and maybe a chakra background? Heck, You are the "creative" One...

My posts get half printed, so maybe if I had an avatar keeping an eye out?

thanks.
namaste

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by scrog77

Thanks, she's still undecided but will have a look ...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

Hi LewisStulePHD, yes I am an angler and love it, I've been doing it since I was 4 years old.. I'd love to take you up on your offer but I'm afraid that would be quite difficult as I'm in the UK but if I ever go to the US I'll gladly take you up on the opportunity to go fishing with you as that would be a dream come true to fish over there. The weather alone would be a bonus, lol.

This avatar I got was posted by another member in the avatar thread (posted in my signature), I asked if someone could help me out with a angling/fishing avatar and picked this one out of a selection. There's a lot of helpful members here who'd be able to help you out, hope you get what your looking for

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
saw a good one on ebay duel core 4.2 android 1.5 ghz i gig of ram and 8 gig of memory duel camera and delivered to your door for £65 and with wifi look for gerter12399 shop .

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Had a look but think it's away now. I reckon it's the screen plus inverter but don't fancy paying out about £50 for screen and about another £10 for inverter in case it doesn't work.
I saw one in Tesco last week but she said she prefers her old laptop!
Women, can't live with them, can't live without them

Thanks anyway m8.....

top topics

join