It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum physics proves that there IS an afterlife

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

You lost me.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Eryiedes

As long as you admit what you are saying is still a theory and not a fact.

Can you admit that the claim 'consciousness is a direct result of matter' is just a theory?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

number 22 was found to not be a mistake at all, if i'm understanding it correctly.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I said it once already but it seems you're not getting it.
I am done with you for today so you can cease with all the one line post questions.
If you don't annoy me too much we might have a conversation again one day.
At the rate you're going however, this outcome is not looking favorable.

-Good Day-

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

undo
reply to post by Eryiedes

number 22 was found to not be a mistake at all, if i'm understanding it correctly.

That's not my problem.
You asked someone else what they meant.
I only filled in a few blanks.
Unless you are claiming the rest of his mistakes with regard to Quantum Mechanics don't count, I'd say you have your answer.
(At least until A can clairify his statement at any rate)

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Eryiedes
reply to post by undo

You lost me.

-Peace-

alrighty. you say you don't live your life by theories, yet you say evolution is not a theory but a fact. this fact is verified and backed up by geological digs, that i just explained to you. the decision was made to visually check artifacts, and if they didn't agree with the assumed timeline, they were disposed of as contamination. this does not disprove evolution but what it does do is make the whole thing into a big hit or miss series of assumptions. if einstein can make that many mistakes just imagine how many are made by the sheer assumption that an artifact shouldnt be where it is, therefore it's contamination.

it's easy to manipulate the data that way too.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Eryiedes

I said it once already but it seems you're not getting it.
I am done with you for today so you can cease with all the one line post questions.
If you don't annoy me too much we might have a conversation again one day.
At the rate you're going however, this outcome is not looking favorable.

-Good Day-

You have not explained to me what Einstein meant when he said;
'The field is the sole governing agency of the particle.'

It seems you have no answer today so I will not expect anything more.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Eryiedes

have you ever heard of the 'Socratic Method'?
It is an amazing way to find out what is not true.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

See what I mean?
He just keeps babbling away at me.
Won't stop.
Like a kid at christmas.
This is why I am ignoring him...permanantly.

-Peace-

edit on 18-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Eryiedes
reply to post by undo

See what I mean?
He just keep babbling away at me.
Won't stop.
Like a kid at christmas.
This is why I am ignoring him...permanantly.

-Peace-

Go on, have a go and see if you can comprehend what Einstein said.
The field is the sole governing agency of the particle.

Keep it in mind and see if what Einstein said can be grasped.

edit on 18-11-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.

Albert Einstein...The World as I See It

Hmm..."the Reason that manifests itself in nature" - that would imply Einstein believed that there is consciousness within nature, would it not? So, Einstein didn't even want to entertain the idea of an afterlife...oh well.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

undo
reply to post by Arbitrageur

what part of einstein's theories as regards quantum physics, were wrong?

Pretty much everything Einstein ever believed ran afoul of quantum mechanics.

You didn't know this?

You ever seen Einstein's quote "God does not play dice with the universe"?

He was referring to his disbelief in the existence of probabilities, which QM completely relies on, over known quantities, which is the basis for the "old" physics.

He's also well-known for his error in thinking about locality. The idea of what is sometimes called "quantum teleportation" these days originates in a thought experiment of Einstein's that he claimed disproved the entire QM theory.

Einstein was also wrong about an expanding universe, which he later admitted, not that it had anything to do with QM.

I think Einstein's real problem was his commitment to the universe as a continuum, while QM shows it to be discontinuous (grainy.)

Harte

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

EnemyOfTheSane
Sorry man , but the thing that bugs me about these statements is the sheer ignorance shown toward the fact that the human brain decays after death ........ i agree with "some" people that the brain will dream away immediatley after death , but once the decay starts I seriously doubt there is anything left of the "person" or mind after that crucial stage , even dreaming is far fetched without oxygen etc. Science is taking a dump on religion and refusing to flush it .

The concept is that the brain is not the creator of consciousness but a receiver... something like a consciousness radio.

Your brain tunes into a frequency of consciousness and if you like God for lack of a better word is the whole consciousness or all possible frequencies.

so this concept is like stating that the radio frequency does not cease to exist once the radio is destroyed. In other words the frequency of consciousness that your brain is tuned into does not cease to be once your body dies.

It just so happens that I also came to this conclusion many years ago through studying Quantum physics and the fundamental levels of reality, where our reality breaks down into a sea of pure potentiality... quantum foam.

In this state reality is not set and the reality we experience only exists as a result of the observation process.

Peace be with all and one,

Korg,

edit on 18-11-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
Go on, have a go and see if you can comprehend what Einstein said.
The field is the sole governing agency of the particle.

Keep it in mind and see if what Einstein said can be grasped.

It's quite easy to grasp. And it has nothing to do with any spirituality or pseudoscientific belief system.

It is simply a statement in Physics about the relationship between a particle and its associated field.

Such as the EM field and the photon, which carries the force between electromagnetically charged particles.

Harte

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thank you all for contributing to this thread , for many this subject stays this quest of who we are and where we all go to after our lives end , but also many of us are sure about this subject and do believe that there's more after life..

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Nobody knows the answer to this question.
Not science, or religion.

Only the dead truly know, and they don't talk.

So as someone else stated earlier, next.............

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Quantum physics more or less forces us to realize there is something very strange about making observations, and that we are still a long way from understanding what is occurring.

Consciousness is definitely something that is at the borders of reality, and we may need to expand our description of reality in some new way to encompass an understanding of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Energy cannot be destroyed, neither can matter.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by InTheLight

Energy cannot be destroyed, neither can matter.

it simply changes state from particle to wave, until a device/brain/dna capable of recording it and storing the data, interacts with it.

brings a whole new meaning to "i think, therefore i am"
edit on 18-11-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

undo
okay, let's look at the double slit experiment.

photons are shot at 2 slits in a metal plate, one photon at a time, behind which is a screen the particles smash into. the photons pass thru the slits and interfer with each other, creating an interference pattern on the screen in which is seen multiple bands of hits. an interference pattern is what you see when the peaks of waves (like waves of water) hit a restraining barrier. so the photons are behaving like waves. however, when a recording device is put into place to see what slit each particle goes thru, the photons stop acting like waves, stop interfering with each other, and start acting like particles and hit the screen in 2 rows directly behind the slits.

to find out if the recording device is causing the effect, the part that records the data is turned off, however the sensor is left on. the particles go back to acting like waves. so it's not the mere act of sensing, but also the act of collecting the data in memory. this means that when there is nothing recording the data, the photons are simple probability, existing in a state of what if. particles are not solidifying from the waves, because there's no reason for them too. they are just probabilities until something records their actions.

is there anyway to explain this outside of the idea that the conscious action of recording data, causes the data to become 3d reality?

this fact always blows my mind

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join