It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Dream/ Monsters invade major city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just woke up and still feel like i escaped with my life from the weirdest dream. I had to share it with people.

Alright so it began in a big city didn't really know where I was but out of no where these huge 50 to 100 foot furry monsters (aliens?) started coming to earth. They walked upright on two legs with a big hanging open mouth. All hell broke loose these things were taking down buildings left and right and eating people, I remember one part a monster came out of the sewers just near a building that was falling and the people that were jumping out of windows or falling out of the damaged building were falling into the monsters huge mouth. They ate 100's of humans at a time.

So I am running around this mess and come to a hotel, open the doors, everything seems safe inside I go to the elevator I don't remember what floor I went to but the doors opened and I was in a lobby with people sitting and chatting normally as if everything was just like any other day. A lady came up to me and said "its alright we are safe now" she took me to a room with a bed and a sofa, two people I never met came with me one claimed to be my sister the other a guy I have no idea who he was. We all slept in this little room but no one talked about what was happening outside. For some reason this hotel was either hidden or underground or something because I kept getting told we are safe. Anyways I remember at one point I leave my room in the hotel and find my self out on a patio or garden or something pretty flowers and happy people everywhere. Off in the distance I can see army choppers and jets hovering over black smoke rising. This view was from very far away the choppers and jets looked as big as my thumb nail. I guess the black smoke was what was left of the city, I go back to the hidden hotel and wake up......WEIRD!

I think I feel better now lol. So any dream experts up in here wanna tell me what the hell that was all about? lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

This dream sounds almost exactly like this book here:

"The BFG" Book by Roald Dahl ( Big Friendly Giant) who helps to get rid of evil Giants that eat children and grown ups. Helicopters and all. They finally get rid of them.

You don't happen to have small children do you? My son had to read this in 3rd or 4th grade. That's how I'm familiar with it.

Scary dream none the less.
edit on 15-11-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

I never heard of that book but I'll check it out, thanks!
I should turn this dream into a book as well lol call it The Hidden Hotel.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I don't know who you are or what you do (thats my declaimer if I get it wrong).

Maybe you are delving too much into certain genres? Although the monster movie theme in your dream is a prevalent one in the real world, it doesn't reflect actual reality.

The monsters aren't "real", just Hollywood. They are imposing upon your sleep so maybe back off for a while from whatever has been occupying your mind of late? I'm not saying that you can't tell the difference between reality and monster movies, just that the mind tends to take on certain aspects of what we indulge in. One indicator of this is nightmares associated with whatever that is. You were frightened of the monsters in your dream.
---
Some people think that any structure in our dreams is our body / spirit. Like the dream equivalent of the real us. For some its a sunny cottage, others a dark castle. You have a big hotel with lots of room and lots of people. Thats good. The people that you meet could be guides or ancestors whatever. Like you said you had no idea who that one person was (and yet they are familiar).

That they meet you there and pull you back from the horrors is telling, you have people watching over you (and reminding you) of the same things I said above.

For what its worth.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks a lot! That was very very well put. I agree that what we are feeling in real life reflects our dreams, our brain is trying to "balance the books" while you sleep. So get off ATS for a while?

My dreams are always so vivid, does anyone else have this? I mean like my dreams are High Definition 3D digital 7.1 surround sound. And I can move anywhere in the dream, from one spot to a P.O.V. 20 feet (or much more, or much less) or so away. My dreams are movies I live. I heard once some people only dream in black & white? That would be very weird for me

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Maybe you were remembering the movie pacific rim

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

ATSAlex
Maybe you were remembering the movie pacific rim

op said FURRY monsters. nothing in PacRim had fur.
sounded to me like a misremembered War of the Gargantuas (I really, really hated that movie btw)
edit on 16-11-2013 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So get off ATS for a while?

I don't know about that. Just don't take things too seriously? Unlike a b sic fi movie we can't tell if some Web content is real or not. As long as you aren't climbing cell towers with a rifle to "shoot at the monsters" and whatnot, should be okay. Just remember to "roll credits" at the end of the day.

My dreams are always so vivid, does anyone else have this? I mean like my dreams are High Definition 3D digital 7.1 surround sound. And I can move anywhere in the dream, from one spot to a P.O.V. 20 feet (or much more, or much less) or so away. My dreams are movies I live. I heard once some people only dream in black & white? That would be very weird for me.

That means you are aware even in sleep and sensitive or make good contact with your real self. Some think we live thru our soul when we dream. I am envious.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Rumor has it that the Rephaim (giants) will soon be rising from hell and unleashing havoc on this world.

It reminds me of a picture i saw during my childhood.

Ref: Painting of "Saturn Devouring His Son Francisco Goya"

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'll go thru my interpretation making some assumptions.

The beginning sounds to me like you are in the midst of some devastation. If this was 5 years ago I'd guess you or people you know were getting foreclosed, going bankrupt, etc., which you may still be affected by but I'd guess as an observer. You are worried and scared by all this outside "monsters" devastating large numbers of people. The big mouths would represent greed. Aliens could mean people from other cultures or foreigners. Falling buildings represent the hard work and success crumbling becoming failures. Everything people built is falling down. People jumping and falling into the mouths are just more symbols of the ruin of some large-scale devastation.

You come upon a hotel, which is a home away from home, representing a place apart, where no one seems to notice or care about the devastation. So you are also among people who are unaffected. A lobby is a semi-public place, a gathering, neither public nor private so it could represent people you know casually but aren't an intimate part of your life.

You keep hearing we're safe but you feel like maybe it's just denial, nobody is talking about what's going on outside, like they have their head in the sand -- being hidden or underground.

The patio is another place of transition. You are in a safe place but now can see and confirm that elsewhere there is still trouble, but it's far off.

It sounds like you're worried about the troubles others go through (perhaps you watched tv news before going to bed and felt agitated by it), and are annoyed or concerned that others seem oblivious to it.

Please reply and let me know your reaction!

Agent008
I just woke up and still feel like i escaped with my life from the weirdest dream. I had to share it with people.

Alright so it began in a big city didn't really know where I was but out of no where these huge 50 to 100 foot furry monsters (aliens?) started coming to earth. They walked upright on two legs with a big hanging open mouth. All hell broke loose these things were taking down buildings left and right and eating people, I remember one part a monster came out of the sewers just near a building that was falling and the people that were jumping out of windows or falling out of the damaged building were falling into the monsters huge mouth. They ate 100's of humans at a time.

So I am running around this mess and come to a hotel, open the doors, everything seems safe inside I go to the elevator I don't remember what floor I went to but the doors opened and I was in a lobby with people sitting and chatting normally as if everything was just like any other day. A lady came up to me and said "its alright we are safe now" she took me to a room with a bed and a sofa, two people I never met came with me one claimed to be my sister the other a guy I have no idea who he was. We all slept in this little room but no one talked about what was happening outside. For some reason this hotel was either hidden or underground or something because I kept getting told we are safe. Anyways I remember at one point I leave my room in the hotel and find my self out on a patio or garden or something pretty flowers and happy people everywhere. Off in the distance I can see army choppers and jets hovering over black smoke rising. This view was from very far away the choppers and jets looked as big as my thumb nail. I guess the black smoke was what was left of the city, I go back to the hidden hotel and wake up......WEIRD!

I think I feel better now lol. So any dream experts up in here wanna tell me what the hell that was all about? lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lindalinda

That's a really good analysis thanks for that. You may be right I am the type to feel sadness from a news story that I feel is either unfair or down right ridiculous for the human race as a whole. It's always the weird dreams that stick out for me, knowing when I wake up that my consciousness just took a journey and wants to tell me something but it's always so crazy I just sit there thinking "what the he'll just happened?" lol. I've been learning about lucid dreaming for a while now and it's just for fun, sometimes it works mostly I dream of making a ham sandwich lol or something mundane. There is a recurring dream I have been having as of maybe the past 4 months also bizarre and mysterious. I'll post it after this post I gotta shower first then ill type it out from my pc, I'm on a pad right now.

top topics

join