It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few noob questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I tried searching around but most of the answers seemed quite old.
My questions are, when can I send private messages? I thought it was after 20 posts but maybe I'am mistaken or maybe my ipad doesn't want to co operate.
Also I understand what the flag and star and speech bubble represent, but what does the trophy and lighting bolt mean?

I sincerely apologize as I'm sure these have been asked a hundred times but I had a hard time finding recent answers.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MBMASON

The trophy is your Way Above Top Secret score, although I can never remember precisely what the hell that means or does for you, and the lightning bolt is your Karma score, which is calculated in such an obscure fashion that some of the mods cannot figure it out.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thank you very much, and I just tried to send a private message on my laptop just now and it worked, so that answers that question.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
here's a good n00b question for yhuz......how do i upload a photo for my avatar?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by victhebutcher

I clicked on the down ward facing arrow on the top right of the screen. Then clicked account and then there are options for uploading images there. I hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MBMASON

Yes! that was certainly helpful, thank you much. haha, but now i don't understand what they are asking for the avatar, a URL?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by victhebutcher

You have to upload your avatar to your ATS account, and use the URL that it gives you when you upload it.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MBMASON

Let me add to the comments about WATS and Karma scores.
The most important difference between them is that WATS is cumulative; adding in points from stars, flags, and applauses etc., it keeps going up to show your overall prowess.
But "karma" has an element somewhere in the formula which says "divide by the number of posts", so a large number of posts without much content will drive the score down again.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

MBMASON

Also I understand what the flag and star and speech bubble represent,

but what does the trophy and lighting bolt mean?

you see a trophy...but that icon represents the "Holy Grail" the cup/chalice used at the Last Supper...( i seem to have sipped 51 times from the Grail cup of knowledge)

the Thunderbolt represents the power of Zeus... which can strike unexpectedly as a Karmic pay-back...[i seem to only have to tippy-toe around 8% of the time under the stigma of being struck with either good or un-good fortune)

welcome to the psych ward
edit on 15-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thank you. This step was very helpful

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MBMASON

I have a question or two also. When I'm logged in and tuned into the show, how come my location never shows up on the globe? How do I get my location to pin?
During the live show, how come no one comments on the actual show thread? I've gone to the topics threads and read the information but there are so many comments listed there, where do you reply during the show in order to voice my opinion?
Thanks.

top topics

join