It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

EnPassant

Kashai
What would happen if one generated conditions in which, a human was placed into a devise/sphere, that could be rotated at 99.99999999999% the speed of light?

Of course assuming that there was no problem with inertia.

Any thoughts?
edit on 14-11-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

According to Mach's principle, exactly the same thing as would happen if the sphere remained still and the universe rotated around it

edit on 16-11-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

Thanks
what it portends to (IMO) is that the conservative presentation really is lame.

Any thoughts?

edit on 19-11-2013 by Kashai because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Kashai

EnPassant

Kashai
What would happen if one generated conditions in which, a human was placed into a devise/sphere, that could be rotated at 99.99999999999% the speed of light?

Of course assuming that there was no problem with inertia.

Any thoughts?
edit on 14-11-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

According to Mach's principle, exactly the same thing as would happen if the sphere remained still and the universe rotated around it

edit on 16-11-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

Thanks
what it portends to (IMO) is that the conservative presentation really is lame.

Any thoughts?

edit on 19-11-2013 by Kashai because: (no reason given)

The 'occult' force of gravity was used by Newton as a placeholder for some mysterious factor in the scheme of things. It served a purpose and the equations worked with this concept. But gravity is now understood to be a more subtle geometry of space. I like Mach's principle because it is so intuitively agreeable...the balance between centripetal and centrifugal force might be a line that goes everywhere in the universe. An interface between two immense realities.
edit on 19-11-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

As in "Mach's Principle and a Relativistic Theory of Gravitation"

This is excellent and what I have been looking forward to reviewing.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Kashai

As in "Mach's Principle and a Relativistic Theory of Gravitation"

This is excellent and what I have been looking forward to reviewing.

Einstein was very interested in Mach's ideas. i wrote a piece on spacetime and I'll post it but it will take a bit of time to root it out...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Looking forward to that.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The problem with the skeptical positions is that originally , Skepticism was related to being skeptical about everything.

Even pet theories.

Modern "Skeptics," are Religious Zealots who needs to grow up.

At this time I would like to thank all respondents.

Any thoughts.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Kashai

Looking forward to that.

Here is an abbreviated version of a letter I wrote some time ago-

Imagine a field of pure energy in as many dimensions as you care to imagine. Physicists say there may be 10 or 12 dimensions in the quantum world so try your best to imagine a 10 dimensional field of pure energy. This field would be an entire universe with no matter in it. It would have spacetime, but there is no reason to believe that it is anything like physical spacetime.

So, you have a universe of pure energy. Call this the Quantum Universe. Now imagine that parts of this energy field condense into material particles. As these particles come into being there also emerges a certain geometry that relates these particles to each other. This geometry is physical spacetime and it emerges as a result of the properties of matter. You now have two universes, the Quantum Universe and the physical Classical Universe we live in. One universe is parallel to or permeates the other and each has their own spacetime geometry. The thing to note here is that as matter comes into existence so too does physical spacetime. It pops into existence with matter, like an umbrella opening. Physical spacetime is 'conjured up' out of the Quantum energy field. One minute it is not there and the next it is. There are many reasons to argue that this NEW spacetime is not very like the original 10 dimensional Quantum spacetime. For one, it has only 4 dimensions. The most pertinent point in all this is that you now have two universes, each with their own spacetime geometry and one superimposed on the other. Given this we can say that much of (quantum) reality is 'somewhere else' rather than in the classical universe. Conceptually this makes things far easier, at least for me.

Imagine, now, that all the material particles dissolve back into energy and return to the Quantum Universe. What happens to physical, 4 dimensional, spacetime? It too dissolves out of existence and you are back where you started in the 10 dimensional Quantum Universe. Physical spacetime literally dissolves into nothing when matter evaporates. In this way you can see that the physical universe is merely 'conjured up' out of the energy field, as if by magic. In modern terminology we would say that physical spacetime is an emergent phenomena. It literally emerges out of the energy field. In this way you can see that matter with its attendant physical spacetime is nothing more than geometry; matter and physical spacetime is a geometric concept. Matter is not a substance, it is a concept.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In considering Wheeler where the singularity is made up of photons. A black hole reaches a certain size it will result in another implosion. The photons in the singularity will compress to such an extent and with no where to really go. they
develop rest mass and push against the collapsing gravitational field, this resulting in a massive explosion akin the big bang.

In that context I am considering that the black hole in question is the resultant effect of a "Big Freeze". Hypothetically being, the only black hole left and containing all the mass of the finite but boundless Universe it came from.

This mass having been totally converted to photons throughout the history of the finite but boundless Universe.

While in relation to our best math the singularity is infinite I feel the mass that has entered a black hole does not convert to photons. Until it reaches the singularity until then, spagetification is a process leads to a finite result.

The black hole is finite until that point.

I feel that in context Hawkins Radiation works the way it does to a point, that point described above.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A body in rotation around a fixed point has a force acting on it called, the centripetal force. This force keeps the body in curved path around the fixed point. This follows Isaac Newton's second law of Force equals Mass times acceleration or F = MA. Since the body is in a constant velocity and in a circular motion, Newton's Second Law for circular motion is, Centripetal Force equals Mass times the square of the Velocity divided by the Radius of the circle or F = MV^2 / r.

There is no known material that can withstand the forces if the rotational velocity is .9999999 the speed of light. The device would explode long before that velocity was achieved.

I can understand why a device like the Large Hadron Collider can do it because they are dealing with the mass of a proton, the mass of a human being is very different.

The only way I can see a human doing do it is have the radius of curvature half the size of the universe and someway of keeping the human in a circular path.
edit on 23-11-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

I feel that if the entire mass of a Universe is contained in one black hole or perhaps several that are in essence merging into one. A gravitational field that large, its structure, could very well be compromised.

In context a gravitation felid that warps space/time cannot exceed the speed of light, within the structure of that gravitational field.

I mean if one could create a vessel using a warp bubble, while the craft was traveling that fast?

One could essentially turn on the external lights of the vessel and those photons would keep bouncing up against the warp field (keeping the external lights on for a minute could result in way to many photons). This would continue to illuminate the outside of the vessel until the vessel stopped, using the warp bubble for propulsion (then the photons would disperse). Given the mass of the finite but boundless Universe, there is no real reason to believe that it also is surrounded by warped space/time. How a singular Black Hole that has absorbed all the mass in a finite but boundless Universe reacts? One can consider the demands upon the gravitational field, due to the demands of the space/time warp surrounding it.

Any thoughts?

Any thought?

edit on 23-11-2013 by Kashai because: content edit and added content

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join