It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Names of Vietnam War casualties by city and state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Names of Vietnam War casualties by city and state www.VirtualWall.org

This was recently sent to me. There may be other "Old Geezers" like myself who remember growing up in those troubled times. If so, you might find the name and short bio of some friend or Family member who never came home. Below are the instructions as sent to me. I did not rephrase them.

First click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city and the names will appear. Then click on their names. It should show you a picture of the person, or at least their bio and medals.

This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country. The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam War with the names, bio's and other information on our lost heroes. Those who remember that time frame, or perhaps lost friends or family can look them up on this site.

Pass the link on to others, as many knew wonderful people whose names are listed.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Meanwhile, I'm still wondering about the old Vietnam War Protester chant,

"What If They Gave A War and Nobody Came?"

While I appreciate your intent with this, how was dying in the Vietnam war a service to our country?

Just gearing up and going or worse yet, enlisting, needs to be questioned, as does the whole idea of the domino effect and fighting communism by slaughtering millions of peasants.

What if all these lives had instead been spent in true service? Growing food, giving medical care, building homes, rebuilding infrastructure, inventing things that would help people live happy lives instead of killing and making the same warmongers that are running the world today richer than god by continuing the demand for their products?

Where would we be today if every one of these people had rejected war and instead worked for true peace?

I don't 'honor their service', I question their lack of awareness. No wonder they draft young men; older ones would have gotten over that first rush of testosterone and wised up.

edit on 5458311pmThursdayf58Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:58:54 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

rawiea
a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam War

"*all* those lost"??

Personally, I think its missing a few names.

About half a million names, in fact.

rawiea
... sacrificed for our country.
information on our lost heroes.

And I think you'll find that there is in fact only one single name listed for our country.

edit on pmThursdayfpm1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rawiea

Thank you for this. My Uncles name is on that Wall, and he gave his life for his Country, contrary to what some say. He was told by this Country to go to Vietnam, and there he lost his life. Our family got a letter in the mail from the President saying thank you.

top topics

join