It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan opium crop cultivation rises 36 per cent, production up 49 per cent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
While the CIA as a whole may not be in on it. Some soldiers are accidentally packing some cargo that would never be suspected of. The farmers have little choice. Farm the poppy or die by the taliban. because of all the turmoil all the people been going through might add reason why the use of rate has gone up
edit on 13-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

That CIA plane full of coke crashed, no one of importance batted an eye. Last guy with any power who said things about getting rid of the CIA, ended up dead. One of the most guarded people in the US, too. Yeah, the president. The president can't shut em down, who can? Who would even try?

All you got to do to put anyone in line, is prove your reach is long, and your willingness to do whatever it takes. These are people that have started wars, killed world leaders, they definitely have reach and cut-throat will.

Wouldn't surprise me if the CIA runs the whole government by now. All they would have to do is show the undeniable proof of their reach, of things they have done before.

Say they wanted Obama in line. He just starts out as president, feels all safe and secure in his bulletproof limo, and private army of secret service. Show up a few weeks into term, let him know who really runs things. Show him a stack of pictures, say Michelle and the kids in the shower, to prove their reach. "Safety is an illusion Mr. President, we want to take your family, they are ours. Even here in the most guarded place in the western world." Then go on and show the pictures of the previous work. Who is going to go against them? Who is going to say a word about it? Might explain how people go into the white house looking great, come out looking like they aged 20 years.
edit on Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:51:21 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Spookybelle

Just simply beyond realistic but it is a fun conspiracy to ponder about. Unfortunately its not grounded in reality whatsoever.

Really?

www.thenewamerican.com...

deadlinelive.info... aine-operations/

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The CIA have been using the drug trade to fund their operations since before the Bay Of Pigs incident, which some believe, was caused because the CIA were flying military aircraft in and out ( drug running) and when the government started asking questions, what we know as 'history' is what transpired.

There is no actual reason to protect the poppy trade beyond getting something out of it. Security and the stability of those regions are not good reasons.

Oh also, Iran has become the world's largest importer of opium products, as it's been flooded into their market since the US started operations in Afghanistan.

That's not a coincidence.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
NICE! Krokodil is going to be even cheaper/easier to make! Just the remedy to cure what ails you.

I wish the world was 1/8th as free as they want you to believe it is, perhaps then we would truly have peace.

Derek

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
When the taliban got a hold in Pakistan and Afghanistan they outlawed opium/heroin for sale to local people. it was all produced for foreign export. Then the Americans came in, taliban lose power and opium distribution and the locals are all heroin addicts again. Something like 40% of production now goes to Pakistan and Afghanistan.
The farmers sell their raw opium to the local warlord who in turn sells it to wholesale exporters.
When the taliban were in power they wanted all of it to go to America/Britain/France etc.
Bin Ladens second in command made a speech once about getting our children addicted to heroin.
Opium is by far the biggest money maker for the local farmers. They have families to feed. They are not producing it because they are western-hating devils. They are poor and needy.
There are video's on youtube explaining what im trying to get across but i dont want to post them here, could well be against the t&c's.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

tothetenthpower

The CIA have been using the drug trade to fund their operations since before the Bay Of Pigs incident, which some believe, was caused because the CIA were flying military aircraft in and out ( drug running) and when the government started asking questions, what we know as 'history' is what transpired.

There is no actual reason to protect the poppy trade beyond getting something out of it. Security and the stability of those regions are not good reasons.

Oh also, Iran has become the world's largest importer of opium products, as it's been flooded into their market since the US started operations in Afghanistan.

That's not a coincidence.

~Tenth

The Bay of Pigs was Eisenhower's baby, not Kennedy's. I highly doubt he was into the drug trade or would have permitted it after having studied his presidency and life in some depth.

Regardless, the CIA does not need to fund their operations by using a drug trade. Since you are claiming this however, perhaps you could enlighten us with some of the operations the CIA has conducted that were simply not possible if they did not have funds from running drug operations all over the world?

I myself cannot recall any. There is plenty of money there for what they need to do and if they were rolling in cash they wouldn't be petitioning the government for more funds every budget cycle. Or do you suppose they are just doing that to cover it up?

The director of the CIA is also appointed by the President so your assuming that all these directors have agreed with the CIA running drug operations and by extension, every President has agreed to it even though if it were to ever become public it would ruin their political career.

And the CIA is not protecting any poppy trade. When they first went to Afghanistan they were purposefully destroying it until it ended up causing more harm than good so they just left it alone. There are no soldiers over there simply guarding mounds of dirt while plants grow. The tribes are doing what they have done for hundreds of years.

The Middle East as well as Africa are now major transport routes for drugs into Europe and the USA since interdiction efforts have seriously hampered trafficking through South America. This is well known and has been going on for awhile. Iran or any other countries has not increased their use, they are just seeing more traffic because its easier to transport through those areas now. Opium out of the Golden Triangle is also now coming through the old Silk Road path whereas before it headed South and East into South America before going into the US and Europe. That route is too risky now.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

snowspirit
If production is that good, and it's in a US occupied country, why isn't it sold to the medical community? Opiates are useful, and needed in hospital setting.

I wonder where the hospitals/pharmacuetical companies get their supply from.
?

Surprise, surprise when the Taliban where running the country they came close to eliminating the problem. The US attacks and with all the weapons, helicopters, spy satellites and drones they can't get a handle on it.

That by itself tells the real story! As you say, in a US occupied country the greatest export cash crop is drugs. I cannot stand the hypocrisy.

P

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Surely, Opium poppies can be grown absolutely anywhere and not just Afghanistan.

If, the government is really 'in charge' or taking care of opium poppies why would they have to only grow them in Afghanistan? It all makes no sense. It could be grown anywhere in the world in 'private' green / glass houses. I just don't see why it has to be Afghanistan. We don't only grow carrots in one country and apples in another.

Also, is there really that many opium / heroin addicts? I don't think so.

So, where is all this supposed opium actually going to?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Spookybelle

TKDRL

Did you ever stop and think, that maybe, oh maybe, some of those kingpins and the "intelligence agency members" are one in the same? Perhaps that is why a lot of these kingpins are practically untouchable, not by local, federal, or even interpol. At least until they have grown to big on their own, or outlived usefulness. Like the old time Italian Mafia. It became more profitable to deal with mexican cartels, so Italian Mafia were cut loose, no more protection. You could easily be a CIA asset and a kingpin, cartel leader etc.

The "intel agencies" don't have to follow the rule of law. They have taken part in straight up assassinations, breaking laws like trafficking is child's play compared to that.
edit on Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:17:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Yes but to do that on a sustainable daily basis in not logical.

What would the need be that would require such a great risk? Can you imagine the backlash if this were ever exposed? The entire CIA would probably have to be shut down. And the Kingpins are hardly untouchable, there is a long list of them being sought after, usually killed, by not only various governments but by competition also.

Look at Pablo for as an example.

Just simply beyond realistic but it is a fun conspiracy to ponder about. Unfortunately its not grounded in reality whatsoever.

Putting "Logic" in with "Intelligence agencies" is a contradiction in terms.

Quite simply, these people will try to get away with whatever they can, just because they can.

The normal rules simply do not apply to them, so you cannot apply "logic" because very little of what they do is logical.
For example, Escobar was hunted down and killed because he refused to co-operate, whilst the cartels that DID co-operate were left alone to carry on business as usual.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Regardless, the CIA does not need to fund their operations by using a drug trade. Since you are claiming this however, perhaps you could enlighten us with some of the operations the CIA has conducted that were simply not possible if they did not have funds from running drug operations all over the world?

They don't for what is on the books, for what there might be records for, for what certain directors have to show congress and the senate to keep receiving funds.

To keep receiving funds there needs to be those scary terrorists around to keep us on our feet and on edge so with the illegal drug trade that the CIA have a hand in they are able to fund these terrorist groups through backdoor contacts with large amounts of untraceable cash.

But that is just wild speculation from an insane mind,

And the CIA is not protecting any poppy trade.

True,

They are the brains that set up import /export using military and other means available.

They are the distributors on one of the highest levels.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

As Joe Rogan says in the YT vid posted here Amerikan War Machine 90% of the worlds Heroin comes from a place we occupy to ensure our "FREEDOM" my ass the movie American Gangster showed us just how the US uses the world as its drug cultivation and dealing enterprise as well as the short 12 min vid I have posted. The Taliban prior to the Invasion of Afghanistan had mitigated opium production, upon the illegal invasion and occupation production went through the roof.

So much for freedom and democracy all our sons and daughters are doing is feeding the corporate piggy bank protecting the interests of the weak!!!

SaneThinking

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

So you don't know if they are doing anything in secret but they may be so they also need a secret way to fund it?

Honestly, we can play make-believe all day and come up with absolutely wonderful what if's. Throw some aliens in there also for giggles.

I prefer to stick to things we know.

The CIA is simply to large of an organization, and too unorganized, to pull off even simple little tasks so I doubt they have the desire or capability to even attempt running the worlds drug trades.

Fun conspiracy but just not possible.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

A very nice attempt to pass things off as "kooky conspiracy theories" but unfortunately for your good self, history does not support your assertions.

Not only are many of the CIA's exploits well known, they are also documented.

Perhaps doing a little research would be appropriate before dismissing facts and trying to pass them off things that "couldn't possibly happen".

The CIA may be a large organisation, but saying that because they are large means everyone inside knows what's going on is naive at best.
Compartmentalization, different security clearances, layers of secrecy all give the lie to your statement.

I'll score you 4 out of 10 - must do better

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm from Southeast Asia, prior to 9-11 and the USA occupation. Afghanistan was always referred to as "that sh*t of land between Iran and India." AFG's PR value definitely went up in the global (rockfeller bilderberger cfr owned) media, after that.

And i dont get it? Why would the USA fund/train the Afghanis and then fight them later? ##SNIPPED##
edit on Thu Nov 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: personal drug use comments not allowed.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Honestly, we can play make-believe all day and come up with absolutely wonderful what if's. Throw some aliens in there also for giggles. I prefer to stick to things we know.

No "what ifs" from here,

I am sticking to what I know.

The CIA is simply to large of an organization, and too unorganized, to pull off even simple little tasks so I doubt they have the desire or capability to even attempt running the worlds drug trades.

Not running it, no one runs it, everyone involved has their hands in the money bag and keep the business rolling and keep it protected to keep investments protected (such as the players in positions of influence) and profits constantly increasing.

One of the major players in distribution world wide.

Fun conspiracy but just not possible.

Either is man taking flight in a contraption heavier than air.

Everything and anything is possible

top topics

<< 1   >>

join