It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Land Shark Rock

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

nugget1
As an artist,all I can say is the shadows are not right.

I agree with Soylent Green in that the photo is real. Shadows are going to cast differently on Mars than they would on Earth, given the differences of atmosphere. They won't be as defused and will appear sharper. Whether or not the photo has been tampered with, eh, I don't know. With the low-res photos it's difficult to say since you can't zoom in more than 150 percent before you start seeing pixel degradation.

The area in the original linked photo I provided is pretty amazing. It's too bad more people are not taking a closer look. I guess I'm going to have to add a few more...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

papajake

nugget1

I agree with Soylent Green in that the photo is real. Shadows are going to cast differently on Mars than they would on Earth, given the differences of atmosphere. They won't be as defused and will appear sharper. Whether or not the photo has been tampered with, eh, I don't know. With the low-res photos it's difficult to say since you can't zoom in more than 150 percent before you start seeing pixel degradation.

The area in the original linked photo I provided is pretty amazing. It's too bad more people are not taking a closer look. I guess I'm going to have to add a few more...

My point isn't about different atmosphere -- just about the fact that the ground beneath the rock is uneven; therefore the shadows cast by the rocks will appear to be in different directions (shadows following the lay of the land).

Having said that, the rocks look like rocks. The "craggy" rocks that look to be saw-toothed could be that way because that are volcanic in origin (like pumice rock), or they are made up of aggregate materials (pebbles and gravel and such) suspending in the rock matrix.

What I mean is, they look like rocks.

edit on 11/13/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

papajake

nugget1

My point isn't about different atmosphere -- just about the fact that the ground beneath the rock is uneven; therefore the shadows cast by the rocks will appear to be in different directions (shadows following the lay of the land).

Having said that, the rocks look like rocks. The "craggy" rocks that look to be saw-toothed could be that way because that are volcanic in origin (like pumice rock), or they are made up of aggregate materials (pebbles and gravel and such) suspending in the rock matrix.

What I mean is, they look like rocks.

edit on 11/13/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Yes, I was agreeing with you in my own way, expanding why I thought the shadow looked odd. They do look like rocks. Check out this rock. I think it looks interesting, especially the shadow of the rock on the bottom middle of the photo. The shadow gives it the illusion that the rock has a handle, almost like a slot machine handle.

Link to Original Photo

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's actually a dolphin.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A couple more interesting rocks from the same Source Image. You'll find them both at the bottom of the photo.

On the first rock, it looks like the small piece in front is dangling from a pivot. Kinda looks like a duck! I know it's not a duck but it kinda looks like one.

And the second rock has the resemblance of an engine cylinder (since it's a rock cylinder it probably belongs to Fred Flintstone). Notice the dark point dead center on the light oval area, and then what appears to be a connected rod extending from the bottom.

Both rocks have been lightened and enlarge 300 percent. I really enjoy rocks from Mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join