It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landmarks in the Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Some tips to find your way around easy in strange cities where people in the streets don’t speak your language.

I often travel in enormous or remote cities where street maps are rare and poor if any are available at all and I am notoriously getting lost. I’m extremely bad in having a sense of direction.

Although I had some great and unusual experiences while being lost I do not wish to be lost too often – oh…. the anxiety….

So I came up with two solutions. I look backwards to where I came from often to memorize and to recognize places again when I will approach them again from another direction.

And another trick that works very well in the center of modern cities is to look up for landmarks sticking out high above and can be seen from far around. This always helps me to keep my direction and I dare to venture into side lanes not marked on the maps.

It is an amazing and good looking world also, up there, I reckon. These pics are from the Silom, Sathon and Surasak areas of Bangkok.

it also might be, that I am the only one getting lost easily ?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

it also might be, that I am the only one getting lost easily ?

Oh,no; I get lost quite easily! I can't seem to remember landmarks very well, and I don't get along very well with maps! (I stay home a lot....
)

I really liked your pictures!
Nugget

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Thanx

home sweet home can be very sweet indeed

join