It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars 7,8,9

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
reply to post by AfterInfinity

But everyone begins with a story "along long time ago in far far away. (cue loud music and the current travails of the Jedi order). Then show a ship (with wings) and noisy rocket engines, firing lasers Cheow, choom, choom, zzt!

C'mon really? In space vacuum? Oh, nobody would go see it otherwise… got it.

You clearly aren't aware of how the Star Wars universe has expanded since the last trilogy was released. There's the Legacy of the Force series, the Thrawn trilogy, the Fate of the Jedi series...plenty, and I mean plenty of material to pick and choose from. Not to mention it's J.J. Abrams. There's three ginormous reasons why he can't afford to screw this up: the rest of the trilogy (and promotion values) hinge on this movie, he has his career as a director to maintain, and as a nerd, it's effing Star Wars.

Make fun of it all you like, but guess who's getting rich when it's all said and done?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

and as a nerd, it's offing Star Wars.

I get that…

I'll allow that. Who am I to rain on the trillion are parade.

What you must understand is I was raised on 2001, in space there is no sound and Kubrick handled it brilliantly. After that everything else (in space) is canned laughter.

You're right, realism in space doesn't sell because its too real.

(sigh)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Saw this official news too:

Michael Arndt penned the script for this film based on an outline by George Lucas for his abandoned sequel trilogy to the original "Star Wars" saga. Though few details of this outline have been made public, author Dave Pollack confirmed that the story would focus on the building of the New Republic after the fall of the Empire, that Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Han Solo would all appear, and that the children of Luke, Leia and Han would serve as the main characters of the story.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Disney can't do SCIFI.

Example one: John Carter. Butchered.

Example two: Mars Needs Moms...it was a children's book for Christ's sake, and I doubt anyone has even heard of it, it was that bad.

I love Disney, but stick to the Fantasy side of things. Sure, JJ Abrams is great but...I'm just not sure that it can really be pulled off.

Plus, have you seen what Luke Skywalker looks like these days?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Very interested to see how it's going to be directed. I'll be seeing it, regardless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join