It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars 7,8,9

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Spader

hopefully national lampoon's picks up the fumble

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Drunk on nostalgia. An original thought hasn't crossed their mind forever. You have no idea how boring it is to old peoples minds to hear of one more re re rehash of comic book heroes from before WWII. Ad infinitum.

Now I hear the Mainstream music artists lip-sync their performances or feed their awful voice into voice machines live to make it sound in tune and on beat? Saw it yesterday on RT.

Gimme live. Now thats the old days. My generation invented metal.

Rock on.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

wwII and heavy metal in one post? freakin a'

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
"Star Wars was really special to a kid back then and we made that man FILTHY rich, he should at least buck up and make sure the final three are beyond awesome. "

Lucas had much more control over I-III than he did the originals and they came out way worse, why the hell should he be involved with making the new ones?

I just think its funny how they came up with a release date already when I just saw JJ Abrams in an interview saying they still have alot of work to in writing the script.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

For the most part, it would only be the same universe. Not like the Harry Potter movies all revolving around the same three people. Even the first two trilogies were almost entirely different casts telling different stories. So this next trilogy would be very different from the previous ones. 'Exciting' is not a word you use for a story you've read before.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

But everyone begins with a story "along long time ago in far far away. (cue loud music and the current travails of the Jedi order). Then show a ship (with wings) and noisy rocket engines, firing lasers Cheow, choom, choom, zzt!

C'mon really? In space vacuum? Oh, nobody would go see it otherwise… got it.
edit on 7-11-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

rockoperawriter
i'd rather see a video of a baby chimp trying to revive it's dead mother

becareful what you ask for,, ya just might get it

edit on 7-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

wow now I'm bummed out

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Disney has the weight enough to actually keep the Star Wars legacy going.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

can we haz credible continuity and story arc ?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

true but national lampoons would be way better

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by intrptr

...I geddit.

If anyone has read the books, those who have know very well that there is plenty of material to make a kickass trilogy. Its only a matter of proper management.

Could not agree more, the books provide lots of amazing idea's.

A Darth Bane Trilogy anyone?

The whole idea of star wars is so much more than the 6 movies, its meant to be a huge universe (literally) with a whole history so for people to think they should have left it at 3 moves is just demonstrating they dont know much beyond the movies about the franchise (and to some religion). I enjoy the books, comics and games way more than the movies, the movies really only tell the story of Darth Vader and Darth Sidious but that is one story in a whole universe full of awesome potential stories to tell.

I am sure that Lucas has said it wont be based on anything already existing in the EU however it is bound to tie in with the EU.

I just hope to god they avoid that stupid reincarnation of Sidous

But yeah, these movies, if done right, could be amazing.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

colostrum probably helped that baby monkey pull through it. i don't see how this could be worse than disney doing starwars. why didn't rob zombie see the opportunity to do 7 8 and 9?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
We can talk about Disney but if it is done wrong it will be about the Legacy of George Lucas.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

rockoperawriter
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

naw editing sentences are for chumps. also i'm a black metal person not emo. see emo is for suburban kids who take pills all day, cut themselves, are sad even when their girlfriend has immaculate boobs. blackmetal is for either for poor angry people (me i'm angry 90 percent of the time poor and perfect) with disdain for all the normality that the Bourgeoisie tries to push more of a subgenre of hardcore and classic late 60's through 80's heavy metal. since you know so much about emo maybe you can tell me all about it since your glove and pistol screams pizz'd off rich kid picking on anybody else with a dark persona. if it were not for your subpar puns i would have been delighted by it. how far are you going to derail a good o'l disney bashing thread? you got kicked off 4 chan more than once then ran out of friends that cannot themselves get onto 4chan? i expected something less juvenile from pistol and glove guy
I don't know how old you are, but, were you born on the day Sid Vicious died?

edit on 10-11-2013 by Spader because: for spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Although my expectations aren't too high for these movies, I'll definetily go to the theaters to watch them.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I wont watch them, abrahms destroyed trek and now starwars

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Latest info/rumour is that Luke Liea and Han return for major roles.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

It will be horrendous. Far worse than the prequels which I could kind of just not care about. This one will really ruin the original's memory.

The earlier comment about movies not going beyond trilogies is completely untrue in modern cinema. The new plan is to create as many movies as possible in exactly the same way. e.g. Pirates of the Carribean, Shrek, Toy Story, Hunger Games, Avengers Universe, X-men Universe, Star-Trek, Potter, Twilight, Lord of the Rings Universe.

In fact since 2001 every year's highest grossing film has been from a franchise. All of them except Batman have gone beyond 3 movies. (Apart from something in 2009 called "Avatar" which was apparently quite successful on its own).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Supposedly, will be set 30 years after ROTJ, so should work with the actors' ages. Still, that's a BIG gap to fill for the audience that hasn't read the books, and that's IF they keep to that canon (which I assume they will). The Solo kids will be good to see onscreen. I just wonder which story arc they will use, who is the big baddie? The Vong maybe? That would translate well to screen.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: numberjuggler

Hey! Don't you be bad-mouthing Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join