It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Tap the Zero-Point Energy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Oh, so bitter.

Just ignore the issues in the present marketplace and ridicule.

Your comment is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Arbitrageur
He doesn't have to have anything that works, so he sells DVDs.

He has plenty of knowledge which he shares in the DVDs. The DVDs are for people who are the movers and shakers of this world who will do the research and eventually succeed in overcoming the obstacles inventors face today.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Something that Paul Babcock mentioned in the 2013 presentation is the need for research to be done to find super low resistance materials.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Arbitrageur

will2learn
Of course its a radio receiver picking up natural background sources. This ABSOLUTELY IS a device picking up free energy from the aether or vacuum.
You may think it's semantics, but words actually have meaning, and you are distorting meaning when you say that. Electromagnetic radiation is not the same thing as zero-point or vacuum energy which is the topic of this thread.

I already posted a link to a patent by Bernard Haisch on a device which he thinks may be capable of extracting energy from the vacuum, and a faraday cage would not prevent it from functioning. If such a device worked it would be a true vacuum or zero-point energy device.

By the way all we get from the radio receivers from natural (not man made) radio sources are very tiny fractions of a watt, maybe microwatts or maybe someday milliwatts. However it doesn't seem likely you would ever be able to power your house with it. There are people who have tried to power their house by stealing electromagnetic radiation from manmade sources pf EM radiation like nearby power lines, but it's not legal.

Arbit

EM radiation is available in a vacuum, its not semantics, any EM wave travels fastest in a vacuum as you know thats how we define the speed of light. The vacuum or near vacuum of space is loaded with EM radiation.

As for semantics, by avoiding answering the simple question 'What do you think the energy of a vacuum is?' you are missing the point completely. Do you have an answer? Whenever I see the hucksters play with VE, they rant on about vortex energy, strange terms they've made up themselves and frankly anything from star trek

As for the amount of power these tuners tuned to the vacuum energy can turn out, its dependent on the size of the antenna and number of tuners. I've seen neat solutions that use a 1000 tuners linked together or a huge aerial. Alternatively the project to build a mile high antenna or the NASA project that failed (thousands of feet of wire uncoiled from a spaceship). These projects deliver plenty of energy according to the physics. A roof with rebar in it would pick up plenty of energy, I just wouldn't want to be in it during a thunderstorm.

Seems the SEFE Co.s has built both long antennas and lightning protection and has delivered the goods/power for factories. Of course its being played in the market with stories way above its pay grade, just like Tesla Motors is being played. To think that the invested playas do not try to destabilize these companies is naive. Tbh I am surprised they get this far. That does not mean I buy every sob story from a hyped up inventor, just those basing their work on solid science.

These aren't devices that we 'think may be capable of extracting energy from the vacuum', they do and you readily accept that, you're just arguing over the scale of the energy and whether Faraday is needed for a vacuum.

Will

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by will2learn

Is the energy you're talking about zero-point energy, or not?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Mary Rose

Zero point energy is not useful unless there are also "less than zero" energy states, which there aren't by definition.

The amount of energy however accounted for is not the issue, it is the potential to do thermodynamic work which drives all. "more research" isn't going to fix this.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Mary Rose

Arbitrageur
Talk is cheap, so are his videos. He's marked them down 88% :lol

The ridicule card again.

That's not ridicule, that is pointing out the actions of a charlatan, as they all follow the same method. Just as people who want to have their work go somewhere follow a different method. I have met many CEOs in my life who launched new companies with new technologies (in Advertising) and strangely enough, none of them were trying to hawk their goods on YouTube and blog sites.

Oh and they had real products, not the claim of having something!

As Arb said:

He doesn't have to have anything that works, so he sells DVDs. I don't want a freaking DVD, I want a better power source, or motor, or something I can actually use. The only thing I can use his DVD for is a coaster.

edit on 9-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

EM radiation is available in a vacuum, its not semantics, any EM wave travels fastest in a vacuum as you know thats how we define the speed of light. The vacuum or near vacuum of space is loaded with EM radiation.

And little to no EM radiation available outside of a vacuum?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Mary Rose
Just ignore the issues in the present marketplace and ridicule.
What issues in the present marketplace? Are you saying if he or I could build a better motor and sell it for a competitive price, it wouldn't sell?

He seems to have no problem with marketing his DVDs, so why would you see any marketplace barriers to selling his motors? He doesn't need university approval to sell his motors any more than he needs it to sell his DVDs. You're making up excuses.

Mary Rose

The way he is abusing the term, if you put a fart in a vacuum, it would be vacuum energy. But that's not the way vacuum or zero point energy is defined.

will2learn
If you put a fart in a vacuum and extract the energy from the fart, it's fart energy, not vacuum or zero point energy. Same thing with EM radiation, you can put it in a vacuum, and extract energy from the EM radiation in the vacuum, but that doesn't make it vacuum energy or zero point energy.

As for semantics, by avoiding answering the simple question 'What do you think the energy of a vacuum is?' you are missing the point completely. Do you have an answer?
Are you reading the thread? I gave a link to one of the most detailed descriptions of vacuum energy and provided the measured value of vacuum energy and my calculation that if that energy could be extracted from a vacuum with the volume of 49 billion Olympic size swimming pools, it would be enough to boil one cup of water, however I also added that it's probably not possible to extract that energy.

mbkennel
Zero point energy is not useful unless there are also "less than zero" energy states, which there aren't by definition.
And that is why I said it probably can't be extracted. There is more detailed speculation with specifics about why Bernard Haisch's patent idea for extracting zero point energy won't work somewhere on ATS, but that's a simple way to sum it up.

At least Haisch understands some real science unlike the charlatans who are making up terminology like "Flux Thruster Atom Pulsar Electrical venturi space-time implosion field generator coil" and promising it will extract unlimited energy from the vacuum. I think Haisch admitted his idea may not work but he thinks it's worth exploring, which is fine with me if he can find funding, but he won't get it from me.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Are you saying my Flux-Thruster-Atom-Pulsar-Electrical-venturi-space-time-implosion-field-generator-coil that I bought off ebay is not going to work?

(Note to OP, this is indeed ridicule, aimed at people who believe such nonsense, now you know.)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

boncho
Are you saying my Flux-Thruster-Atom-Pulsar-Electrical-venturi-space-time-implosion-field-generator-coil that I bought off ebay is not going to work?
If it does, you'll put a lot of health care and farm workers out of work because in addition to creating inexhaustible free energy, it will also end all diseases, produce unlimited food, allow you to travel anywhere in the universe, build the ultimate supercomputer, and obsolete all existing technology, among other things:

youtu.be...

However what he glosses over in that video is that it creates a black hole, so keep your hands away from the black hole (though it looks like he's not keeping his hands away from the black hole in the video). If light can't escape the black hole, I imagine it's pretty hard to pull your fingers out if they get too close.

Some people got upset that TED had anything to do with this guy, but it's actually TEDx, so I guess the "x" means be "X"tremely cautious about believing anything he says.

edit on 9-11-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

edit on 9-11-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Moray B. King addressing the Natural Philosophy Alliance:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Arbitrageur

boncho
If it does, you'll put a lot of health care and farm workers out of work because in addition to creating inexhaustible free energy, it will also end all diseases, produce unlimited food, allow you to travel anywhere in the universe, build the ultimate supercomputer, and obsolete all existing technology, among other things.

And that would be bad why?

If the farmer can make his own food, power and go anywere in the universe,
why does he then NEED to work.

That thingymajig would end the NEED for money. And that would
result in the end of power and greed. Probobly not in a easy way
but still...

Now, im NOT saying that there are a thing like that.
But why would it be bad? IF there were.....

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Mary Rose
Moray B. King addressing the Natural Philosophy Alliance:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Mary Rose
Listening to the presentations provides some terminology that is helpful. One such term is "inertial chemistry" by the presenter Mike Waters.

Mike Waters is a beneficiary of and technology consultant for Sterling Allan's New Energy Systems Trust. Here is the bio for him:

Michael Waters is an advanced technology consultant, researcher, inventor and sustainable recovery strategist. He has previously owned businesses in, designed and built: multi-axis robotics, adaptive manufacturing systems, experimental aircraft, custom homes, portable housing systems. Michael’s automated disaster recovery and library preservation systems are used worldwide at institutions such as the Library of Congress, the National Archives and the Russian Academy of Sciences, instrumental in recovery of the worst library fire disaster of the last century.

In the last twelve years Michael has researched cutting edge science and technologies that redefine current understandings in mainstream physics. He has established a large collaborative network of researchers and breakthroughs that profoundly affect fields of energy, mining, health, food, water, transportation, housing, sustainable economics and environmental recovery. The purpose of this research has been to discover causes of and solutions for the increasing number of global crises we now face. A primary focus has been energy R&D, working with a diverse group of breakthroughs that combined, uncover new understandings in physics. These discoveries also explain why current global business and environmental models are fundamentally unsustainable. Michael is currently on the board of a number of organizations involved in advanced energy, mining, agriculture and finance and directly involved in developing several paradigm shifting energy breakthroughs. Michael’s inventions span diverse fields including energy, robotics, fluidics, conservation, aviation and housing.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Mary Rose
Listening to the presentations provides some terminology that is helpful. One such term is "inertial chemistry" by the presenter Mike Waters.
How is that term helpful?

How does inertial chemistry differ from non-inertial chemistry, if there is such a distinction?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Mary Rose
He said he uses the term to refer to such things as cavitation or high frequency oscillations - anyway you can to shake a molecule apart without using chemical reaction.

He also said there is no reference to it in google.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The website for the Calphysics Institute, Director Bernard Haisch, has a page for Zero-Point Energy.

That page links to the Jovion Corporation. Their Mission Statement:

The mission of Jovion Corporation is to develop pollution-free, portable, scalable, distributed power sources that require no fossil or nuclear fuel and emit no waste, carbon or harmful radiation, based on the Casimir-Lamb shift.

See “Test of zero-point energy emission from gases flowing through Casimir cavities"

This gives me hope. This is my first experience seeing a mainstream source express a sincere interest in tapping the zero-point energy.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Arbitrageur
By the way a real scientist has a patent on a device to extract energy from the vacuum:

Quantum vacuum energy extraction

This link to a 6 page .pdf file is about that patent, US 7,379,286. The title is "White Paper -
Indirect Extraction of Energy from the Quantum Vacuum" by Prof. Garret Moddel, Dept. Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, Univ. Colorado, Boulder: Link

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Arbitrageur
I think I know why it won't work . . .

Please share with us what you think you know.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join