It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring "Old house dream"... turns out I'm not alone!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

tayeltony
*cough* you've been all abducted *cough*

Yes, we've all been abducted. I think it's your turn.

I thought ATS had T&C against posts like this?
Off topic, one liner, pointless... troll.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just listen to the words you use and the emotions you felt and there is your meaning. Dreams are almost always about what's going on now (even if it's about how that relates to the past). And your user name gives me another clue that you probably desire to be a good Christian and you're dealing with the worries and influences around you. You're hiding from things in your life (your house), you're feeling uneasy. And you feel "evil" is lurking, looking for you. It could be "evil" feelings within yourself, such as feeling temptation or having negative or unkind thoughts, or that others are being cruel to you but this doesn't sound like that too much; it sounds like you are uneasy with things you'd rather not face or admit to.

Dreams recur because we often experience the same patterns over and over. Usually once you interpret it, it goes away or changes.

Things stored in the attic usually represent forgotten memories, pictures on the wall would be more about the people and places and things in your life. These symbols on their own won't tell you much; you have to see them in the context of the actions and feelings of the dream.

Christian Voice
reply to post by casijones

I have had a recurring dream of a huge old house as well but in my dream I always have an uneasy feeling and am hiding from someone or something. There is always an evil presence in the house that is looking for me. As far as I know I have never been to any place even close to the place in my dreams yet I can describe the entire place in great detail from the wall and carpet colors to all of the things stored in the attic and the pictures on the wall. I have had this dream over and over since I was a child and I am 40 years old now.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You're on a journey, a path in your life, and you see others as being higher than you (perhaps you are just starting out in some way and you see others as more developed, on a higher plane). Missing walls or roofs could mean either a transparency or flaws, or both. So in other words you see others who should be at a higher level and they are not always perfect and intact. I'm thinking it could be career, or perhaps you're newly married and looking at others' lives for guidance and they're not all what they should be. The old man probably represents that type of experienced person.

The city street is again a path but perhaps more to do with career or business. I'll say career even tho it could be anything. There are tall buildings that represent the successes of others around you, but none are really that spectacular and overwhelming. A right turn means a change and probably something you felt was in the right direction. So you took in the successes of others and then made a turn yourself, and found yourself on another path. Trains represent the movement of others and again they are moving faster than you and are above you, they are "elevated."

Looking for something you cannot find is an obvious metaphor. Stores represent resources. So you have been looking for resources without success or are confused about where to get what you need.

So it sounds like on your new path you are feeling somewhat overwhelmed, outpaced, and out of sorts, needing help but having trouble finding it. Just remember this is just a feeling, and once you identify and understand it you can work on improving the situation.

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by lindalinda

Wow without saying too much of a personal nature you are pretty close to the mark on both dream interpretations. You're good at this. Try this one

I am walking down a street and the houses on either side are high above me on hills. All the houses are missing walls or roofs. In one I see an old man looking at me through the front of his house which is missing. Then I am on a city street and the buildings on either side are high rise buildings but not sky scrapers. At the end of the street I turn right and the next street I am under the elevated trains looking for a particular store but I cannot find the store.
edit on 11-11-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/13/2013 by lindalinda because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/13/2013 by lindalinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think sometimes we discount the problems and issues that kids have. When I was 4, I felt a LOT of stress, trying to compete with an older sister I was always compared to negatively, wanting things I couldn't have, feeling left out because I was younger, and not wanting to do things I was told to, lacking control in my own life, and so on and so on.

casijones

lindalinda
Babies, cats, and dogs all dream, so yeah, 4 year olds do, too.

Dreaming is not only about working things out mentally. Dreaming has a lot to do with memory. We know this because people deprived of REM sleep have trouble remembering things. It's believed to be a way for your subconscious to interpret and store the days events in a sort of shorthand that is symbolic. Dreams deal with emotions because we get emotional about what's going on in our lives.

casijones
The earliest memory I have of this dream is age 4. So what could a 4 year old possibly be working out mentally?

I'm very aware that babies, cats, dogs, and 4 yr olds dream.
I never said that they didn't. I understand the basic dynamics of dreams and dreaming. I understand what REM sleep is. With all that being said, what I meant by that was I was not an adult when I started having the dreams. I was a child, therefore, I had no stress or problems to work out mentally. So, the theory that you're trying to work out problems in your life through your dreams did not apply to me at that point. My biggest problem was that maybe I lost a barbie shoe.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am pretty late to this thread but after reading the OP's title and opening I was astounded that someone else had posted something about this !
I thought I was just having a dream but have had this same dream a number of times now - in an old Victorian type of house and stumble across an old unused secret room.Not too much else other than that,not many details and nothing sinister, just finding a secret hidden room and it always feels cool to find.And disappointing to wake up and realize it is only a dream.
As a long time lurker and very rare poster I was floored when I saw this and had to throw in my comment.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

I have a similar dream, its a big old house, not one that i know of when i'm awake. Its scary and has lots of passage ways, and narrow staircases, it also has a underground layer behind the feature wall of a large room, i'm always trying to escape from someone or thing and its a very unnerving feeling,

I have this dream on a regular basis and it always differs slightly

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pharoah

Well as a rare poster, I certainly thank you! Never too late for this thread, I hope more people get to stumble upon it. I don't know what it is about this particular dream, but there's something special about it, I just don't know what yet...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I had to update this thread, as I recently had an interesting experience. I went to a psychic last month, and had asked her thoughts on the house dream, and why so many people share it. She said it could possibly be memories from a past life as a slave in the underground railroad. I'm on the fence about this. Just thought it was interesting, wanted to throw it out there.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: casijones

I don't think that holds much water, but what do I know? I'm glad you came back to throw that out there because I was interested in this thread and I hate to see these kind just die for lack of interest. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I thought about it for a while. It could explain things such as the need to find a secret passage, the feelings of someone coming after you.

On the other hand, mine are usually quite pleasant. And, I looked at pictures of houses involved in the underground railroad. Only a few seemed to match the "dream style".

I do hope a few more people stumble upon this, I'd love to hear from new people.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I've had dreams like this for as long as I can remember. Sometimes they're food sometimes they're bad. I also notice Im always familiar with the house sometimes it's the house I live in just extended into a manor with different rooms or its a random different house that feels familiar. Some dreams start off fun and exciting (or maybe anxious would be a better word) and then usually end cool with me finding strange old castle or manor inspired rooms. They usually have cool dusty antiques and books and old statues & secret passage ways that I have to move certain things to open, & then there are the bad dreams that usually consist of that but turn bad or start of with the bad tone and I know I'm gonna find something that Im not going to like. I've had a couple where eveb if it's a different house it's always the same door I open that leads to the same two rooms... It's usually hidden behind wall paper or something and when I open it its leads to stairs and an old baby pink room with hundreds of porcelain dolls a doll baby carriage and spider webs every where and floral decor then I turn around and I hear it a voice of a girl but it's like its in my head and there's a door and she's tell me to open it but everything in my body is telling me no HELL NO don't do it, & it gets worse cause as I start getting apprehensive I feel her feeling it and she knows and starts to gets angry and the voice changes and starts screaming and cursing for me to open the f****** door I never open it but always wake up completey let frigging horrified. Then there's one I had with an Asian ghost man in black and white that one wasn't even scary it was kinda funny and weird I was in a church hall type room and I saw him and he looked at me and did a double take cause I kept staring at him and he looked so scared his eyes opened wide and just faded into nothing I actually laughed. And then there's another one that usually involves sleep paralysis for me which is not pleasant and I think one of the scariest. I usually have a prior thought that I should look out because theirs something lurking around the house that's not good and when I find it its after I open a closet door or an empty dark hall a dark like electricity aura cloud like form starts to manifest and turns into this really scary bald sharp toothed creature and the feeling I get WOW it's so overpowering like it literally sucks the energy right outta me and I can't move I usually pray and it goes away but not before a gust of wind or slamming a door or something creepy. I wake up annoyed and paranoid about going back to sleep in fear of it being in my dream again.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: casijones

These exploring-old-house dreams, with some rooms "friendly" and others "hostile", are very interesting.

I'd say you may have been exploring your Past Lives in an "old house" setting. Maybe you were taking a tally - "I learned what's in this room pretty well," or "Still have some karma to work on from this negative room."

I loved the imagery of an old carved desk - with a huge touchscreen on top. Maybe your Soul wants you to merge your Past with your Present or Future. Maybe you work with computers and are being urged to get into the more business end. (Have you been contemplating a start-up or designing a new app?)

Are you at a cross-road in your life? Just graduating college, perhaps, or thinking about changing careers? Maybe you've been thinking about taking some classes or learning a new language?

This is a very "methodical" dream. As you contemplate changes in your life, your Soul wants to make sure the change will be beneficial, and accommodate the things you still need to learn - and the people you are supposed to meet.

Good Luck!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I've also had this "recurring house dream" my whole life. But only once or twice it was a house, the rest of the times, it was an apartment in a apartment building. Every time, in the dream, I wonder how I possibly could have forgotten that I own this apartment or had this apartment, and I am very happy to have found it again.
edit on 12-9-2017 by Ove38 because: text fix

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join