It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring "Old house dream"... turns out I'm not alone!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by Raxoxane

There was a man outside the circle,and he kept shapeshifting into a cat.After all these years I could still pick that face out in a crowd,if I ever had to see "catman" in real life.He would hiss as he shrunk and became catform+back to human shape,I recall he was furious because I was inside the circle+was safe from him as long as I stayed inside it.

Well that is pretty damn weird.

I swear I didn't read your reply before my previous reply where I talked about being in an old house looking for a cat that had this "evil" feeling about...and then sometimes I would realize that I am the cat or I turned into the cat. I don't remember any circles though.

I had to do the same thing. Swear that I hadn't read the post before posting my dream because the detail was so similar.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That dream is so common, I always thought I was odd for not having it. It means you are feeling "tested" or challenged in life and feeling unprepared or overwhelmed. School can represent any type of situation you learn from.

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by tjack

I have had a version of the school dream where it is time for final exam and I haven't attended the class all year. I should point out that I graduated in 1975 but still occasionally have school dreams.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Interesting. The attic could represent your mind, a higher level, etc, and a ladder is a pretty obvious symbol similar to a staircase, it's a way to get to an even higher level in some aspect of your life. You are always trying to move ahead in life but it never ends, there's always more to go. It probably is a little frustrating.

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Pixiefyre

I have had a version of the house dream where there is a ladder in the attic that I cannot climb to the top of because it goes on and on. This is getting so funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

dianashay
I have dreams about Bob Vila but never about an old house.

Did any of you (in childhood) wander through old abandoned (country) houses/mansions? Perhaps they are dreams including memories of those occasions?

I know as kids a bunch of us would break into old houses (often the doors were open) and wander within them (cannot imagine how we weren't injured by doing so).

Grew up in a small town though where there were lots of such properties to find. I assume Detroit will be a hotspot soon for ghost hunters and perhaps dreams of that sort.

No but my family moved to Long Island during the building boom of the 1960's and we all played in the houses before they we're finished and the families moved in. Often as a little girl I would go into one all alone and pretend it was my home and I would imagine how I would decorate it. In my 11th summer they built over 20 houses on my street. Filling in swamp land as they went. I can practically smell the sawdust still.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have the same sorts of dreams very often, but my houses are connected, i dont leave one house through an outer door but i do find rooms from other houses in them all mashed up - usually old houses.

I also have these dreams where i go upstairs and go onto a balcony (that none of my houses has ever had) and i look over to the next house. I take a run up and i leap 5 meters or so onto the next house roof, then keep running and jump over the next house onto the other roof then after. A few more houses and later ( andd concentrating/focusing) i can leap off and stay in the air - till something else in my dream forces me to land and then usually it changes to some other random thing/dream etc.

It happens a few times a month and is usually vivid and close to the morning, like the last REM cycle i guess. For as long as i can remember.
edit on 11-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm so happy I clicked on this headline!! I've had this same dream my whole life!! It's been a while since I've had it or at least can remember having it. But it has had such an impact on me that I've been obsessed with hidden rooms/secret passage ways and anything else in that realm my whole life. I'd be shocked if you can find a link I haven't visited on all of the interwebs . I have designs/ideas of things I would do if I decide to build a home or things I could do to an existing home. Thought about starting by own company building/selling things associated with these types of hidden rooms and such. I look forward to reading this rest of the replies!!!

Bravo OP!!! S&F

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It sounds like you have made some impressive leaps in your life. A balcony is a transitional place, like a patio or driveway, but you're not on the ground level, you're on a higher level so you've already accomplished things in one "life" and you transition to a high level in another. It sounds like career moves but could be anything. You've made more than one leap in your life and you can sustain the high you feel until something brings you back down to earth. Great dream.

Biigs
I have the same sorts of dreams very often, but my houses are connected, i dont leave one house through an outer door but i do find rooms from other houses in them all mashed up - usually old houses.

I also have these dreams where i go upstairs and go onto a balcony (that none of my houses has ever had) and i look over to the next house. I take a run up and i leap 5 meters or so onto the next house roof, then keep running and jump over the next house onto the other roof then after. A few more houses and later ( andd concentrating/focusing) i can leap off and stay in the air - till something else in my dream forces me to land and then usually it changes to some other random thing/dream etc.

It happens a few times a month and is usually vivid and close to the morning, like the last REM cycle i guess. For as long as i can remember.
edit on 11-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Catacomb

casijones
A recurring dream I've had since childhood is one involving an old house, and trying to find hidden rooms/secret passages. I love having these, and I am always disappointed when they end.

Has anyone here on ATS had this dream?

Yes, from time to time I have this dream, as well. It doesn't surprise me, as we are all human. So, whatever makes our brain go to a place like this, is only because we are all the same, in the end.

Thanks for sharing.

So I wonder did Neanderthal dream of never ending caves that needed animal skins.
Perhaps this is behind the false passages they built into the pyramids. Pharaohs version of the house dream.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

In the bathroom dream I always figured if I found a clean stall that I could use I would wind up peeing the bed. LOL.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

casijones
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Haha! Your post had me cracking up picturing that

I wanted to point out that you're the 5th+ person to mention specifically "spiral" staircase. Does anyone ever have a regular ol staircase? I know mine are always spiral...

What say ye, great ATS dream interpreters!?

Perhaps, a spiral staircase is easier for your dream circuits to generate

www.castspiralstairs.com...

But they are so ghostly and mysterious. You can see through them, yet they will let you move up.

www.castspiralstairs.com...
edit on 11-11-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lindalinda

Wow without saying too much of a personal nature you are pretty close to the mark on both dream interpretations. You're good at this. Try this one

I am walking down a street and the houses on either side are high above me on hills. All the houses are missing walls or roofs. In one I see an old man looking at me through the front of his house which is missing. Then I am on a city street and the buildings on either side are high rise buildings but not sky scrapers. At the end of the street I turn right and the next street I am under the elevated trains looking for a particular store but I cannot find the store.
edit on 11-11-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is really interesting. All my life I have had dreams of houses where I would discover new rooms of all kinds, from the attic to the basement.

Weirdest thing: I found a house like my dreams a little while ago.
I was invited to an acquaintances house for a party and we were encouraged to freely explore the house.

The upstairs was quite conventional. However the layout did lead to the discovery of some bedrooms that were around corners and in a few unexpected places.

But the basement, ohhhhhhh, I adored it.

A secret bedroom that served as a safe room,

surrounded by a closet that opened into the family room on one side and a bathroom that opened to a hallway on the other...

with a locked gun room door...

kept going through the family room to find a huge office,

off the office was a media room, unseen from the family room and accessed only through the office,

which also led to a huge mud room

attached to a below ground garage.

I was in heaven. I felt like I was in one of my dreams. It was so fun and I felt compelled to lead other guests through the basement. If they ever put it on the market, I'll be first in line, it felt so "right" to me.

It is also located in the strangest area, a tiny nearly invisible road near the intersection of 2 main roads in an "office park" type area, with a huge pasture and several hidden barns. Adored the location too, quiet, hard to find, yet in a developed area, in a small city, an anomaly at best.

Oh yes, glad to hear the bathroom dream is common too. I nearly always end up having accidental onlookers which prevent me from relieving myself, good thing too, because I wake up having to go.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yes! I often have a dream that I'm living in a giant house, usually old, with never ending rooms. These normally start out fun and then take a scary turn where either the house is haunted or there is someone bad trying to get in and I am trying to lock all the doors and windows to no avail.

And, yes to the person who was asking about the bathroom dreams. I have that dream often too, where I have to go in a public bathroom and either there are no doors and it's full of people, or the toilet with privacy is totally gross.

What does it all mean??? I thought I was the only one.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
*cough* you've been all abducted *cough*

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

I have had a recurring dream of a huge old house as well but in my dream I always have an uneasy feeling and am hiding from someone or something. There is always an evil presence in the house that is looking for me. As far as I know I have never been to any place even close to the place in my dreams yet I can describe the entire place in great detail from the wall and carpet colors to all of the things stored in the attic and the pictures on the wall. I have had this dream over and over since I was a child and I am 40 years old now.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Add me to the list. The place I visit at least twice a year (for years now) is a big, run down old complex of some type. Some areas are so dilapidated that they're inaccessible.. It almost feels as though i (or we depending on how many people are in the dream) are squatting in this p.o.s building that may or may not be haunted.
Great thread

Lately I've been hitting up some type of resort by the sea. Maybe it's because I've been playing a lot of golf lately..its a cleaner nicer place so that's good

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

lindalinda
Babies, cats, and dogs all dream, so yeah, 4 year olds do, too.

Dreaming is not only about working things out mentally. Dreaming has a lot to do with memory. We know this because people deprived of REM sleep have trouble remembering things. It's believed to be a way for your subconscious to interpret and store the days events in a sort of shorthand that is symbolic. Dreams deal with emotions because we get emotional about what's going on in our lives.

casijones
The earliest memory I have of this dream is age 4. So what could a 4 year old possibly be working out mentally?

I'm very aware that babies, cats, dogs, and 4 yr olds dream.
I never said that they didn't. I understand the basic dynamics of dreams and dreaming. I understand what REM sleep is. With all that being said, what I meant by that was I was not an adult when I started having the dreams. I was a child, therefore, I had no stress or problems to work out mentally. So, the theory that you're trying to work out problems in your life through your dreams did not apply to me at that point. My biggest problem was that maybe I lost a barbie shoe.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by casijones

I have had a recurring dream of a huge old house as well but in my dream I always have an uneasy feeling and am hiding from someone or something. There is always an evil presence in the house that is looking for me. As far as I know I have never been to any place even close to the place in my dreams yet I can describe the entire place in great detail from the wall and carpet colors to all of the things stored in the attic and the pictures on the wall. I have had this dream over and over since I was a child and I am 40 years old now.

Every great once in a while I will have this dream as opposed to my happy house lol
But in these is when I find I'm looking for secret passages the most. In my happy house dreams I'm exploring for new rooms. I feel if I can get to a closet, and get through the secret passage to the attic the evill entities won't get me.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

grandmakdw
This is really interesting. All my life I have had dreams of houses where I would discover new rooms of all kinds, from the attic to the basement.

Weirdest thing: I found a house like my dreams a little while ago.
I was invited to an acquaintances house for a party and we were encouraged to freely explore the house.

The upstairs was quite conventional. However the layout did lead to the discovery of some bedrooms that were around corners and in a few unexpected places.

But the basement, ohhhhhhh, I adored it.

A secret bedroom that served as a safe room,

surrounded by a closet that opened into the family room on one side and a bathroom that opened to a hallway on the other...

with a locked gun room door...

kept going through the family room to find a huge office,

off the office was a media room, unseen from the family room and accessed only through the office,

which also led to a huge mud room

attached to a below ground garage.

I was in heaven. I felt like I was in one of my dreams. It was so fun and I felt compelled to lead other guests through the basement. If they ever put it on the market, I'll be first in line, it felt so "right" to me.

It is also located in the strangest area, a tiny nearly invisible road near the intersection of 2 main roads in an "office park" type area, with a huge pasture and several hidden barns. Adored the location too, quiet, hard to find, yet in a developed area, in a small city, an anomaly at best.

Can I say that I'm very jealous? Haha! That's fantastic that a house like that actually exists!!
I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner, and no one else did.. what is the name of the house/estate that the old woman built onto until she died? It was a massive house, couldn't tell you how many rooms. The house had stairs that led to no where, and every staircase had 13 stairs... I think it might be haunted as well. Does anyone know the name of the place or know what I'm talking about??

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fullkrause

Very happy I could make you happy!

I know exactly how you feel, when I found the website I put in the OP I was floored at the comments, I reread them 3 times. I love that I share something that I find so wonderous and amazing with other people. I'm really glad I made this thread, now that I know I've sparked excitement in people who would have otherwise gone on thinking they were the only ones!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join