It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring "Old house dream"... turns out I'm not alone!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I should mention that I own a Victorian house. It was built in 1914 so bleeds over into craftsman but has the high ceilings and crown moldings and a big open staircase that although not a spiral does turn two thirds of the way up. There is a big fireplace in the living room. Unfortunately there are no secret rooms that I have found and no weird measurements indicating one could even exist. I would love another bedroom. We did discover that all the doors are solid mahogany after stripping off layers and layers of paint but that's the only secret the old girl was keeping.
(Unless you count the package of condoms and the whiskey bottle we found in the attic.)

edit on 11-11-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SgtBenton

OMG I am freaking out . I was not going to mention disgusting toilets but I have that dream .

I really have to go. It's a public place and upon entering the bathroom every stall is filthy with feces smeared all over the walls and seat or there is no toilet in the stall or the door is missing. Most times it's a school but sometimes it's a shopping mall. I haven't read the description of the dream in the post you replied to. I will back track and see if it's at all like mine.

I found the original post and I am even more freaked out because it is exactly the same dream. This must be a common dream too. That poster also said they didn't wake needing the bathroom and that is also true of me. You would think having to go would be the trigger for a dream like this but I don't have to go when I wake from it.
edit on 11-11-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I've had the flying dream. I just gently push off the earth like you push off the wall of a pool to start a lap. I love those dreams but there is one tied to that where someone is picking me up over their head and they fall over backwards with me in their arms. I feel the anxiety of the fall from the moment the person starts to lift me. I try to fly but can't get up. I hate that dream.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

Wow that's so unreal. I had had these same dreams myself for years.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've interpreted hundreds of dreams and many of them involved plain old staircases, far more then spiral ones, which I hardly remember hearing about. They just represent a series of steps, progressing in your life in some way. Spiral would be a more circuitous route.

casijones
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Haha! Your post had me cracking up picturing that

I wanted to point out that you're the 5th+ person to mention specifically "spiral" staircase. Does anyone ever have a regular ol staircase? I know mine are always spiral...

What say ye, great ATS dream interpreters!?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

kaylaluv
Yes, I have had the old house dream many times - I love that dream! It's always a house I have just bought, and I'm going through it, and finding all kinds of cool rooms I didn't know were there when I bought it. I never knew it was a common dream.

Another recurring dream I have had is a little embarrassing, but... in this dream, I am desperate to go to the bathroom, so I have to go to a public restroom. When I go into the restroom, it is this horrible, nasty, disgusting place, with no doors on the stalls, and there is all kinds of nasty "stuff" on the floors and in the toilets. But, I am forced to use it because I have to go soooo bad. It's horrible - I hate that dream. What's weird is that when I wake up from those dreams, I don't have to go to the bathroom, which is what you would think would be causing a dream like that. Well, one day my mom and I were travelling together on a road trip, and we both had to stop at a convenience store restroom. This restroom was pretty nasty, and I mentioned to my mom that it reminded me of a recurring dream of mine. She told me she has the exact same recurring dream. I never knew. Anyone else have this disgusting dream?

Please see my dream description above I cross my heart I did not read yours before I posted it. I read a,post that was a reply to yours but not yours till just this minute. Swear on my life.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Babies, cats, and dogs all dream, so yeah, 4 year olds do, too.

Dreaming is not only about working things out mentally. Dreaming has a lot to do with memory. We know this because people deprived of REM sleep have trouble remembering things. It's believed to be a way for your subconscious to interpret and store the days events in a sort of shorthand that is symbolic. Dreams deal with emotions because we get emotional about what's going on in our lives.

casijones
The earliest memory I have of this dream is age 4. So what could a 4 year old possibly be working out mentally?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would guess that squeezing through to hidden staircases means that you are having difficulty fitting yourself into a new way of life, that you have to conform to something in a way you didn't have to before.

aimlessly
reply to post by AlienScience

I have had this dream as well. Victorian home, hidden staircases that are spiral and I have had to squeeze through them. Some ended with no room, just a wall.

Wonder what the squeezing means?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A house typically signifies your life, and the rooms are different facets of your life. Stress would be signified only if the dreamer feels stress in the dream, or if the rooms are somehow "stressed" or contorted.

vivid1975

Forget all that dream interpretation bs. "Oh the house signifies your feeling of stress". F*** off.

We live in a multiverse with many many dimensions and realities. Every single one of us, every night, goes out of body and venture into these different worlds and dimensions.

Learn to have oobe's (out of body experiences), mind awake body asleep. Open your third eye and astral project. Research protection and people on YouTube like Dr Bruce Goldberg and rich2150x for more answers or pm me.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A kitchen is often a symbol for nurturing, getting one's needs met. Renovating it might mean you are renewing and evolving in a nurturing relationship, making it even better than before. It sounds like a generally positive dream, unless you are running into problems in the process.

Lolliek
Any ideas on why I'm always renovating the kitchen? I have my own, but would like to hear your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sounds like you are going through things that dredge up childhood memories. Childhood homes often symbolize that time period and ghosts are often about old memories or circumstances that you are reliving.

spartacus699
I tend to dream about the house I grew up in which was a bit haunted. And in the dreams it's usually ghosts and stuff in the dream. ahhhhh

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Paralysis is a common feature of many dreams. It's a pretty straightforward symbol. You would like to run from whatever problem you're facing in life but you can't.

casijones
reply to post by spartacus699

Your post made me think of the fact I've never seen a ghost in any of my dreams! Anything evil or bad usually just comes as a bad feeling or running away from something but you can't run... aahh that's frustrating!!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
New aspects of life can sometimes be exciting and fun, and other times terrifying, depending on what you're going through. It sounds like you're repeatedly going through the same bad experiences and unable to change the pattern.

virraszto
I dream of houses too, but my dreams seem to be different from yours.

Mine are Nightmares.
I've got a collection of about 5 houses, none that I've ever lived in, that I've been
dreaming about for years.

I don't have feelings of curious excitement, but instead absolute terror and fear.

Unlike most of you who find new rooms to explore, my houses are exactly the
same every single time, and I know what awaits me behind each and every door of
all 5 houses.
It's like a horror flick being replayed over and over again only I'm not watching
it, I'm living it and the amount of terror never diminishes, it only seems to
get stronger. I cannot change a thing, I must go through the motions exactly the same
every time. And even though I know everything before hand, it all seems NEW, if
that makes any sense.

The moment I lay down and see one of my dream houses I know I am in for a terrible
night.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

tjack

kaylaluv
~snip~

Anyone else have this disgusting (bathroom) dream?

OK, enough now, you guys are really weirding me out. I have the "nasty bathroom" dream too, more or less exactly as you described.

The "house in disrepair" dream too. Mine usually involves leaky plumbing or roof that I can't figure out how to fix.

Also the "undisturbed rooms as time capsules" dream, this one is usually the same house dream to dream, and there's a wall that I can move to access another unused part of the house which is fully furnished but with old outdated furniture and appliances. It has its own kitchen and windows and I'm always surprised that I don't notice this area from outside the house. I also often wonder why I don't "use" this part of the house for living in along with the rest of the house.

It's totally nuts how certain elements of the dreams being described in this thread are not just close, but EXACTLY the same.

Mind = Blown!

Thanks for this thread, OP!
edit on 7-11-2013 by tjack because: I felt like adding to my post.

In one of my versions of the house dream every room I enter is a dirty kitchen with a sink full of dishes.
When we were house hunting we looked at a house ( another Victorian) that had been turned into apartments and there were four kitchens in the house. I went through the house once just to be polite to the realtor but the whole time I couldn't wait to get out of there. Could you image having to tear out three kitchens as well as renovate the one remaining ???

I agree that the toilet dream details seem to be exactly the same from personal to person.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It could be that you feel you should push yourself, but without knowing you I'd say it was that you were exploring a new facet of life that excites you and where you see you can make a difference. It sounds pretty positive. Passageways represent transitions, stairs are the steps to take.

Scouse100
Yes I have this recurring dream too! I've never thought to look it up before but it seems it is quite a common one!

In mine it is not always the same house and not always an old house, but I know it is my house. I usually find a whole extra bunch of rooms, passageways and stairs. The rooms are not well decorated and a bit tatty and I find myself excited by the potential. I wonder if it means I feel I should be pushing myself further in life? I have never really thought about meaning.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I have had a version of the school dream where it is time for final exam and I haven't attended the class all year. I should point out that I graduated in 1975 but still occasionally have school dreams.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

I have had a version of the house dream where there is a ladder in the attic that I cannot climb to the top of because it goes on and on. This is getting so funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That's a new one. As I mentioned above, kitchens typically represent nurturing, a place of emotional sustenance, and everywhere you turn you see that place -- it colors every facet of your life -- and it is not being kept well, no one is cleaning up after themselves so to speak, taking responsibility for the damage they do and making things right.

Toilet dreams can be about eliminating, cleansing, purging negativity and lacking privacy shows that you're feeling that it's being exposed. For example one may feel they complained too openly and they're vulnerable or uncomfortable with that feeling. I've also dreamt that I'm in an open bathroom and no one notices me, so it's like I expose my feelings and no one cares.

AutumnWitch657

In one of my versions of the house dream every room I enter is a dirty kitchen with a sink full of dishes.
When we were house hunting we looked at a house ( another Victorian) that had been turned into apartments and there were four kitchens in the house. I went through the house once just to be polite to the realtor but the whole time I couldn't wait to get out of there. Could you image having to tear out three kitchens as well as renovate the one remaining ???

I agree that the toilet dream details seem to be exactly the same from personal to person.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Those meds you mention all carry a warning about vivid dreams being a side effect. Aren't we lucky the FDA requires these warnings on their commercials so we know these things even if we've never taken the drug.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Flying dream are often enjoyable and happen when life is going well, you're soaring, conquering problems.

Falling is about a setback, and your second dream is interesting. It sounds like there is someone who tries to "lift" you and support you, but in so doing, they cause both of you to fall or experience some kind of setback. It's like a codependency and it causes you anxiety. Not being able to get up is common for people who are depressed. They try as they can but they are unable to lift themselves out of some low place. If you don't know who this person is, it could just represent "others" or even an aspect of yourself.

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by tjack

I've had the flying dream. I just gently push off the earth like you push off the wall of a pool to start a lap. I love those dreams but there is one tied to that where someone is picking me up over their head and they fall over backwards with me in their arms. I feel the anxiety of the fall from the moment the person starts to lift me. I try to fly but can't get up. I hate that dream.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join