It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring "Old house dream"... turns out I'm not alone!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

I have had this dream as well. Victorian home, hidden staircases that are spiral and I have had to squeeze through them. Some ended with no room, just a wall.

Wonder what the squeezing means?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

Forget all that dream interpretation bs. "Oh the house signifies your feeling of stress". F*** off.

We live in a multiverse with many many dimensions and realities. Every single one of us, every night, goes out of body and venture into these different worlds and dimensions.

Learn to have oobe's (out of body experiences), mind awake body asleep. Open your third eye and astral project. Research protection and people on YouTube like Dr Bruce Goldberg and rich2150x for more answers or pm me.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I've had very similar dreams as well, especially one where I'm in the house in the middle of the woods and I come across the room of flowers.

I'm still going through that article to see what it really means

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

vivid1975

Forget all that dream interpretation bs. "Oh the house signifies your feeling of stress". F*** off.

We live in a multiverse with many many dimensions and realities. Every single one of us, every night, goes out of body and venture into these different worlds and dimensions.

Learn to have oobe's (out of body experiences), mind awake body asleep. Open your third eye and astral project. Research protection and people on YouTube like Dr Bruce Goldberg and rich2150x for more answers or pm me.

Well thanks for the.. cheerful, reply..
I do agree with you though. I never completely bought into a lot of the dream meanings. It's impossible to know if it's true or not. I have tried to astral project but I'm not very good at focusing my mind. Most of the time I just fall asleep.

I'm more curious as to why so many people can share dreams down to small details. I'm not neccessarily concerned with their meanings.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
i had jet planes and flying dynosaurs, flying over top of my old house*.in my dream.

*old house*.
was actually in its day,,
"old 1800's Stone" wayfair Station, used too be for,,travelers,,,horse stall's under neath the Stone walled, Home/Inn.

, but when we were kids,, it was the old Chicken Coop

dont put a chicken in an feed bag, with a cat,,,u will get hell,

ya that house with jets/dino's,,
i could only ever watch.

damn how do u fly in dreams???? lol

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

It's difficult to watch the people around that are brainwashed into believing the spoon fed lies.

You can fly with intent..with pure thought. The other worlds and realities are more vivid and more real than our base reality..but you need to practice remembering and keeping focus to prevent phasing in and out.

Visit other planets, powers like superman, speak and interact with e.t.'s or passed loved ones, your higher selves..

Everybody needs to wake up to this reality, learn to meditate and expand their true spiritual learning.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I have reached the Top level and am at the master bedroom and Side bathrooms and lavish entertainment sitting room and balconies and such.

I have encountered other "dreamers" going about their business unaware of my pressence.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
No, you're not alone.
I love those old house dreams. I always thought they originated in memories of an old house Dad was doing some work in, when I was a kid, but perhaps not.

I also get the disgusting toilet dreams. They're usually set in a large high school and I have to go from toilet to toilet to find one that isn't overflowing with ... you know.

I also get the 'I can do telekinesis if I concentrate so hard my nose bleeds' dreams and the ones where I am running from something but end up leaping along on all fours, clawing at the ground (evolutionary memory?)

But the ones I really can't stand are the ones where I need to call the police or use the ATM and I just can't remember what number to type in. Arg it's frustrating!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

casijones
A recurring dream I've had since childhood is one involving an old house, and trying to find hidden rooms/secret passages. I love having these, and I am always disappointed when they end.

Has anyone here on ATS had this dream?

Yes, from time to time I have this dream, as well. It doesn't surprise me, as we are all human. So, whatever makes our brain go to a place like this, is only because we are all the same, in the end.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

vivid1975

It's difficult to watch the people around that are brainwashed into believing the spoon fed lies.

You can fly with intent..with pure thought. The other worlds and realities are more vivid and more real than our base reality..but you need to practice remembering and keeping focus to prevent phasing in and out.

Visit other planets, powers like superman, speak and interact with e.t.'s or passed loved ones, your higher selves..

Everybody needs to wake up to this reality, learn to meditate and expand their true spiritual learning.

Easier said than done for some people. I believe when one (not all) ventures forth into spiritual learning it should be only when they are ready and that their personal journeys take them to where they need to go at that time, to learn (or not) what they need to learn.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I used to be quite active in interpreting dreams for others, mostly on answers.yahoo.com. This is definitely one of the more common archetypes. It was amazing how accurately we could interpret dreams to find what was going on in people's lives; people sometimes asked if I had special powers. Nope, just looking at the symbolism. Many times you could just read back what they wrote, because dreams are that "literal" while they are being anything but literal. For example, someone has a dream about going out of control in a car. They are completely stumped as to what it means until I say "you feel out of control." It's almost comical.

Dreams where things change upon inspection, such as your desk, are about you coming to realize your impression of something is changing. I would probably guess it's work-related since a desk and a touchscreen both relate to work. Rounding a corner is another expression that indicates a changed perspective -- think of when you might say you've come round the corner in a figurative sense. A staircase is nothing more than a series of steps taken, but spiral indicates they weren't straightforward. I was a little confused that the desk was at the bottom of the stairs after you said you'd gone up the stairs, but still, notice that you came in closer to the details and saw the desk was something else entirely. You are seeing some aspect of your life in a different way. The touchscreen might have some special meaning to you; I would guess that you found that you had more control than you thought, or that you could add your touch to whatever this symbolizes.

casijones
A recurring dream I've had since childhood is one involving an old house, and trying to find hidden rooms/secret passages. I love having these, and I am always disappointed when they end.

The house is always huge and victorian. I'm always excited to explore because I'm familar with the house and I can't believe that I never noticed these extra rooms before. Sometimes the mood is light, sometimes sinister, depending on what room I'm about to enter.
The most interesting version of the dream I've had was when I had rounded a corner to go up a spiral staircase I just discovered. At the bottom of the stairs was a very large antique wooden desk. It appeared to be hand carved, and as I went closer to admire the detail of it, I noticed the top of the desk was a giant touchscreen.

I went online recently to see if there was any other explanations other than the house being symbolic of the self, health, mental state, etc.
Then I found this website

dream well

It wasn't so much the article that I found fascinating, as was the comments below it. I couldn't believe the amount of other people describing the exact dream I'd been having for so long.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
[more

As long ago as I can remember,
I have had these dreams of secret passage ways to rooms with mansion- like proportions, out of small homes. Some homes seem familiar to me from childhood, It always starts with me looking in a closet, or attic, sometimes underground. All the dreams have different moods. Usually curiosity being the main one. Also feels like the past, ususally it is an exciting feeling of what might I might discover.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I also have this dream. The house itself is white and on an island over some rocky terrain. I get the sense that my family own this house. The house is very old and in need of repair. My dad and I are sometimes repairing the ceiling or finding a hidden giant skylight in the roof that needed to be cleaned to be noticed.

There are several bedrooms upstairs that we assume are inhabited by spirits of dead girls. Those bedrooms were plastered over and wallpaper hung over the doors but, we found them and opened them. I have never seen the spirits but, know they are there. Often I am searching for information about them. The records (yes searched for records in the dream) say they vanished and their parents had the rooms sealed. Sometimes wonder if a convict came through the basement.

In the basement are rows of bedrooms kind of like a hospital or hotel. The rooms are elaborate but, out of date. In on the bathroom downstairs is a false wall that leads to a large blue tiled room with nothing in it. You have to get on your hands and knees to get into this room and there doesn't seem to be any other way to get in there.

At the end of every hallway in the basement are openings to underground caverns I found a lab in one of the giant caverns which looks like they were performing genetic experiments as there were small hybrid animals wandering around that area. When I try to show this lab to my dad I can't find it. I search the house for notes on their experiments to find out how they did these things.

Another passage leads to a motel (cheap hotel). It appears to be outside but, there is no way to get there except through the caverns. Sometimes people knock on the door of the house and say they are going to this motel.

The third passage leads to a beach where my mother is always lying on a lounge chair with my fat cat sleeping on another chair beside her. We often discuss my brother.

The last passageway goes to a very large wooden greenhouse sitting in a field where part of the roof has collapsed due to age. Inside the greenhouse is a variety of hybrid plants and flowers. We speculate that someone is still caring for the plants because those in the intact half of the greenhouse have been watered. My dad and I sometimes make plans to repair the greenhouse but, have never started that. There is fear about finding the gardener.

My father in the dream always gives me advice for when I am really awake. Often I ask him advice over issues that are going on when I am awake.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Lolliek
I've had these recurring dreams as well, but I never see what the house looks like from the outside. It has rooms that seem to go on forever. I am usually in the process of renovating the kitchen.

My husband wants me to try and draw it out. However, it's way to crazy to be a real house. An interesting note to add- I'm always quite chipper after having one of these dreams.

There's a 3D software program called Blender that allows you to make textured 3D models. It's very easy to make a model of a house and then apply textures to the floors, ceiling and carpet. I made a model of some of the places I lived in using this program.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I had a dream of an old house also. In the dream there was a dirt road i was walking on and in the distance a white house with pillars in the front a 3 story house and there was a figure walking towards me. The closer the figure got the more strange creepy scared i got. The man had white hair of an old man, he wore a suit of black and white. As i got closer to the house i got creepy. Then i heard a baby cry like i felt a baby was born. Then it got even more creepy. The man that got closer i could see his eyes and they were all black like feeling of death. He stopped in front of me then proceeded and as he passed by he said, i am comming. I entered the white house to find the baby, i could not find. Interesting how dreams are, i interpret dreams myself with accuracy.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I too have had the house dream and the bathroom dream....but with a strange, yet, funny twist:

I start walking up a spiral staircase in this old house, when the urge to use the restroom hits me. I stop on a stair landing and open the door that is in front of me...behold, a bathroom! BUT, as soon as I step inside said bathroom, I'm back on the staircase, walking up again. This part of the dream loop's and keeps repeating until I wake up and, yep, you guessed it....I needed to use the restroom for real.

I always wake from this dream thinking, "Ok, why keep looping this whole thing. Why not just let me use that commode? Is the toilet haunted? Is my body so confused on how to find my way out of bed to use the real bathroom? Or is this possibly a dream telling me that bathrooms are just cruel?".

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Along with lucid dreams, these house dreams are my favorite of all-time (and frequently tap into lucidity as well). They are always enjoyable and sometimes last a "long" time. I've had many of these dreams and in varied ways. Door leading to door, leading to staircase, leading to door. I find multiple kitchen areas in the homes usually.
One thread connects nearly all of them: The houses belong to me. Occasionally, this is not the case, but that's unusual. I've read this relates to exploring our own psyches and discovering things about ourselves; something I'm constantly pondering and doing.

There is one that keeps recurring though and I can see it right now if I think about it. Not only does the house belong to me, but, I'm so thoroughly convinced it's my home that it's strongly with me as I awake and lasts all day. It seems even more real than my own home for a few minutes. I can see it's central staircase in the grand hall leading to the three(4?) floors and the odd, add-on porches in the back. Mmm, wanna go there now!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Haha! Your post had me cracking up picturing that

I wanted to point out that you're the 5th+ person to mention specifically "spiral" staircase. Does anyone ever have a regular ol staircase? I know mine are always spiral...

What say ye, great ATS dream interpreters!?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

casijones

The house is always huge and victorian. I'm always excited to explore because I'm familar with the house and I can't believe that I never noticed these extra rooms before. Sometimes the mood is light, sometimes sinister, depending on what room I'm about to enter.
The most interesting version of the dream I've had was when I had rounded a corner to go up a spiral staircase I just discovered. At the bottom of the stairs was a very large antique wooden desk. It appeared to be hand carved, and as I went closer to admire the detail of it, I noticed the top of the desk was a giant touchscreen.

I went online recently to see if there was any other explanations other than the house being symbolic of the self, health, mental state, etc.
Then I found this website

dream well

It wasn't so much the article that I found fascinating, as was the comments below it. I couldn't believe the amount of other people describing the exact dream I'd been having for so long.

I am 56 and have had this type of dream all my life. I am walking down a street and it's all these old broken down houses and some apartment buildings and them I am inside and its my house but I keep looking for and finding rooms that were not there. I don't like the way this dream makes me feel.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A similar dream is one where I walk into a barn and there are three giant cows inside. I was not raised on a farm. I am an east coast city girl.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join