It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Makeover!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Things are really heating up on the new season of Ancient Aliens!

The crew all have brand-new made-for-TV makeovers! Between the end of the last season and the premier, the boys have really been spiffed up! Anyone else notice?

Even though Giorgio still can't properly pronounce "extraterrestrial," his tan seems to have gone from "spray-on orange" to a slightly more even "tanning-bed brown." Not to mention his Don King "do" looks like it has been somewhat tamed and rather impressively man-scaped a bit.

David Childress has gone from uber-nerd to darn near decently groomed and almost cool. And Robert Bauvall has actually been spotted without his preppy-over-the-shoulder sweater!

I'm not sure--so please don't quote me on this--but it even seems as if Jonathon Young has found a somewhat more natural "grecian formula 44" hair color...if that's possible.

Things are looking up for the boys, eh?

Can't wait to see the new look for "If-it's-about-aliens-I-believe-it-Bill-Birnes." Sadly, David Wilcock is still scary as heck, but hey, makeovers have their limits ya' know?

On a serious note: Philip Coppens was by FAR the best thing that ever happened to that silly show and will be sorely missed! RIP, Philip!! I truly do miss YOU.

edit on 6-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I've noticed that ole Georgio's hair has slowly been becoming more under control... kind of like controlled chaos. Am I the only one that finds him oddly attractive? Could be that I was dropped on my head as a toddler, but that hair kind of works for him.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Oh,man, did I miss it? Crap!!!!

And yes, Philip Coppens will be missed, God rest his soul.

Peace,
K

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

gemineye
reply to post by The GUT

I've noticed that ole Georgio's hair has slowly been becoming more under control... kind of like controlled chaos. Am I the only one that finds him oddly attractive? Could be that I was dropped on my head as a toddler, but that hair kind of works for him.

You are not the only one.

I think it's the brain and the hair?? I am not sure either. Maybe both of us were dropped??

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Astute observations, The Gut. They've gone all Hollywood on us!
I wish they'd put some effort into invigorating the show's content in addition to the looks of the cast!

I too really miss Philip Coppens.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

kdog1982
reply to post by The GUT

Oh,man, did I miss it? Crap!!!!

NO, tune in now, Kdog! I'm a lil' ahead of the curve.

gemineye
reply to post by The GUT

AND:

Kangaruex4Ewe
You are not the only one.

I think it's the brain and the hair?? I am not sure either. Maybe both of us were dropped??

Dang ladies...I don't know if I would've told that!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

LOL

Yeah they do all seem to get a little more jazzy as time progresses. Maybe by the last season they will look more like GQ models who happen to talk about "aliens....brah".

edit on 11 6 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I normally wouldn't have, but since I have no pic on my profile... I still have some anonymity.
I would have avoided making such a comment standing in the checkout line at my local Wal-Mart I think.

I am tuning in myself as I type. I kind of like the new looks. They've gone "uptown".

edit on 11/6/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It makes no sense that they would change Giorgio's hair on their own, because it can only be fully appreciated from above, and TV Cameras don't look down from above... Aliens do.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Seems allot of folks here don't like the show or it's theories. I have always enjoyed the show despite the hair.

I think we will know soon if they are right in their thinking. With the new numbers put out for other earth type planets i think it is a mathematical certainty there is life out there.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

dlbott

Seems allot of folks here don't like the show or it's theories. I have always enjoyed the show despite the hair.

I think we will know soon if they are right in their thinking. With the new numbers put out for other earth type planets i think it is a mathematical certainty there is life out there.

The Bot

A lot of folks don't like it, that much is true. If nothing else it does a brilliant job of showing sites around the world and belief systems from around the world. I enjoy it right much myself. I have been hooked since day one. In reality nobody really knows IMO. We can all assume what they would need to live, what they look like, if they could visit here, or if they even exist at all etc. but we don't know. The Ancient Alien theory is a better argument than a lot that I have heard.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I wanna clarify that I watch most episodes and find plenty to think about. But it's also true that I know better than to take it at face value. The commentary, omissions, and leaps are rather shameless, though, as I'm sure most would agree.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I agree. It has to be taken with a grain of salt like most any explanation dealing with the "unknown". It is nice to be entertained while learning though.
You may not learn what you thought you were going to going in... but you are right and most will likely learn something (never how Georgio gets his hair to do THAT though, that would be shameless!) before it's over.

edit on 11/6/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
"But what if, Giorgios hair in the past, was visited by extraterrestrial beings"?

"Some Ancient Astronaut theorists believe, that this was so."

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Even though Giorgio still can't properly pronounce "extraterrestrial

That has sooo bugged me since the beginning. You'd think that since he repeats the word 70 times every episode he'd eventually learn.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

All that could mean is their budget went up?

on a side note, David Wilcock may look crazy, but i cannot say the same for his work though!
edit on 2013-11-07T10:43:31-06:00201311bam3011am3130 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The GUT

I wanna clarify that I watch most episodes and find plenty to think about. But it's also true that I know better than to take it at face value. The commentary, omissions, and leaps are rather shameless, though, as I'm sure most would agree.

Yea, there are some leaps but there are lots of little gems along the way as well. It is the only show that has shown all these great places around the world in nice HD.

You can learn allot along the way as well. One of the new ones was interesting about healing. I rediscovered information about how they were doing complex surgery etc.

Allot of info on great pyramid is interesting. I believe it was a power station that would make tesla proud. I worked a quarry and can tell you they were dead on, those stones had tool marks, as in cutting blade grooves. We can't move some of those stones today, literally take everything we have and then it would be difficult.

I can also confirm it is incredible the inlay work on some stones that fit together like Legos. Even with our tools today the best cutters today can't replicate this work, extremely difficult. We could continue but point is i learn allot from the show and really enjoy seeing all the sites.

One thing, memory is shoddy at times, scary thing for me. Who died, can you put a face to the name for me, in rural America and limited allot.

Thanks, and he does look allot less orange lol.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Wow can't wait to see the new updated looks! Lol!

Wow, Filip... I can't believe that guy died... He's one of those people, you look at their face and you just Know...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Here ya go, bot:

Philip Coppens (25 January 1971 – 30 December 2012)

WIKI

And check out his website. Lots of great articles:

www.philipcoppens.com...

Brother was extremely bright and very cool.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I am still quite addicted to the show. Although some of the ideas are outlandish and even contradictory, I enjoy the fact that they are not afraid to point out that there is a lot of mankind's history that is still unknown to us. And some of the ideas are plausible and thought-provoking. I just wish that they'd show more new material rather than recycling topics they've already covered. However, the more recent episodes have been better, in my opinion, than when they were offering up nonsense such as "Aliens and Bigfoot" and "Cowboys vs. Aliens". It really went off the rails for a while there!

ETA - I really enjoyed Philip Coppen's book The Ancient Alien Question. If you are a fan of his or just interested in AA theory, it's worth checking out.
edit on 11/7/2013 by katydidwonder because: Added a comment

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join