It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Explosions reported in north China city of Taiyuan: Xinhua

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

BEIJING (Reuters) - A series of explosions occurred on Wednesday in front of a Communist Party building in the north Chinese city of Taiyuan in Shanxi province, the official Xinhua news agency said, adding that so far one person had been reported injured.

Xinhua said the blasts went off outside an office building of the Shanxi Provincial Committee of the Communist Party. It did not provide further details.

Source

second news

I find it Kinda weird that China's getting blown to shreds and attacked by terrorists like we were not too long ago, eh? Maybe Islamic extremists are expanding their beliefs from Death to America, to Death to Everyone but us
edit on 5-11-2013 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sounds like maybe those living in poverty - working on mines are angry with those getting rich from their labors?

TextTaiyuan is the provincial capital of mountainous Shanxi, which lies to the west of Beijing in China's gritty coal belt. Demand for the fuel has created vast fortunes for mine owners, but many in the province still live in poverty.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Why are they blaming the Muslims?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Islamic extremists? lol... ok...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well -

Last week, the Chinese government pointed to Islamists after an attack in central Beijing near Tiananmen Square that left five dead.

link

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I dare not say revenge for the recent nuke maps.

I am sure they have their share of crazies.

We shall see.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

It does not say why. What is their grievance with the communist party? Has China somehow been influencing their wars? I suppose I can look it up but hoping someone knows. I'm too tired to do research.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

well I was under the impression they were all good with china, because china and Russia help provide them with weapons and supplies in exchange for oil (if I remember right)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Here is some info on the previous attack as quoted by 'The Guardian' newspaper -

China believes the East Turkestan Islamic Movement aims to establish an independent East Turkestan in Xinjiang, and blames the group for the low-intensity insurgency in the region.

The United States placed the movement on a terrorist watch list after the September 11, 2001, attacks, but quietly removed it amid doubts that it existed in any organised manner.

An four-wheel-drive ploughed through bystanders, crashed and burst into flames near the Tiananmen Gate on Monday, killing three in the car and two tourists, including a Filipino woman, and injuring dozens.

Beijing police said the perpetrators were a man with an ethnic Uighur name, his wife and his mother. Police have arrested five people on suspicion of conspiring in the attack and called it a planned terrorism strike – the city's first in recent history.

bearing in mind though that the alleged terrorist group has not claimed responsibility.

Uighurs live mainly in China's north-west region of Xinjiang and have close cultural and language ties to Turkic peoples of central Asia.

Human rights groups have questioned whether China uses the security threat as an excuse to suppress the Uighurs and say Uighur extremism has been fuelled by China's heavy-handed policies in Xinjiang and discrimination against Uighurs by the country's ethnic Han majorities.

I am none the wiser than you

link
edit on 5-11-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Dianec
Sounds like maybe those living in poverty - working on mines are angry with those getting rich from their labors?

TextTaiyuan is the provincial capital of mountainous Shanxi, which lies to the west of Beijing in China's gritty coal belt. Demand for the fuel has created vast fortunes for mine owners, but many in the province still live in poverty.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Why are they blaming the Muslims?

The Chinese goverment does not want the perception of anything other than contentment, harmony and happiness between their citizens and rulers.

solution blame an outsider.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

FraternitasSaturni

Actually, Xinjiang province is a major headache for the Chinese as it is a majority Muslim province of mainly Turkik people who are being marginalised by the Chinese Han, in the same way they are doing to Tibet - namely they are settling lots of Han in the province to displace the Turkiks, with most of the decent jobs and Government positions going to them.

It has, for a long while now, seen a low level Islamic-based insurgency. Only last week, the Military chief for the province was sacked on the back of the suicide attack in Beijing.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

FraternitasSaturni

Yeah. Actually they have a rather large problem with the Uyghurs Muslims. lol

Oops. That'll teach me to reply before reading the whole thread. You guys beat me to it.
edit on 5/11/13 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

join