It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Water, Plasmoids and the Zero-Point Energy" by Moray B. King

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Moray B. King apparently coined the term "zero-point energy," which is recognized by mainstream physics. What is needed is cutting-edge research into how to tap it. King gave an excellent hour long presentation at the 2013 Global Breakthrough Energy Movement conference:

Two screenshots:

Two books he mentioned during his presentation are The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene and A Different Universe by Robert B. Laughlin.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Moray B. King apparently coined the term "zero-point energy," which is recognized by mainstream physics. What is needed is cutting-edge research into how to tap it. King gave an excellent hour long presentation at the 2013 Global Breakthrough Energy Movement conference:

Oh he did, did he? And here I was thinking it was Otto and Einstein and Planck.

Zero-point energy, also called quantum vacuum zero-point energy, is the lowest possible energy that a quantum mechanical physical system may have; it is the energy of its ground state. All quantum mechanical systems undergo fluctuations even in their ground state and have an associated zero-point energy, a consequence of their wave-like nature. The uncertainty principle requires every physical system to have a zero-point energy greater than the minimum of its classical potential well. This results in motion even at absolute zero. For example, liquid helium does not freeze under atmospheric pressure at any temperature because of its zero-point energy.
The concept of zero-point energy was developed in Germany by Albert Einstein and Otto Stern in 1913, as a corrective term added to a zero-grounded formula developed by Max Planck in 1900.[1][2] The term zero-point energy originates from the German Nullpunktsenergie.[1][2] An alternative form of the German term is Nullpunktenergie (without the "s").

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I'll watch it now.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I got that from Amazon's page on The Energy Machine of T. Henry Moray: Zero-Point Energy and Pulsed Plasma Physics :

Editorial Reviews

About the Author

Moray B. King is a well-known physicist, lecturer and the originator of the term, Zero-Point Energy. He lives in Provo, Utah.

It's not an important point who coined the term. The important thing is who's working on it now and is out there giving information-packed presentations such as this.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

boncho

Zero-point energy, also called quantum vacuum zero-point energy, is the lowest possible energy that a quantum mechanical physical system may have; it is the energy of its ground state. All quantum mechanical systems undergo fluctuations even in their ground state and have an associated zero-point energy, a consequence of their wave-like nature. The uncertainty principle requires every physical system to have a zero-point energy greater than the minimum of its classical potential well. This results in motion even at absolute zero. For example, liquid helium does not freeze under atmospheric pressure at any temperature because of its zero-point energy.
The concept of zero-point energy was developed in Germany by Albert Einstein and Otto Stern in 1913, as a corrective term added to a zero-grounded formula developed by Max Planck in 1900.[1][2] The term zero-point energy originates from the German Nullpunktsenergie.[1][2] An alternative form of the German term is Nullpunktenergie (without the "s").

en.wikipedia.org...

it's a lot of airy fairy nonsense designed to feed the free energy crowed.Just a lot of mumbo jumbo with fancy words
to xconfuse you.not a single Working free energy machines exists of has been demonstrated.this just stuff by cranks for cranks.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by championoftruth

lol

it must be nice and snug in your little box

you're living on a "free energy machine"

it's called the earth.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I seriously LOL'd.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Mary Rose
reply to post by boncho

I got that from Amazon's page on The Energy Machine of T. Henry Moray: Zero-Point Energy and Pulsed Plasma Physics :

Editorial Reviews

About the Author

Moray B. King is a well-known physicist, lecturer and the originator of the term, Zero-Point Energy. He lives in Provo, Utah.

It's not an important point who coined the term. The important thing is who's working on it now and is out there giving information-packed presentations such as this.

Oh right, forgetting that the discoveries of Einstein et al, came out about 50-100 years of all popular "free energy" "Zero point energy" hoopla….

Damn those time travelling scientists!

By the way, I have this new, wetter water that is 1000 times wetter than regular water, would you like to buy some?
edit on 5-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Metaphysique

lol

it must be nice and snug in your little box

you're living on a "free energy machine"

it's called the earth.

Which part of the Earth is free energy? The part irradiated by the sun moving lakes and oceans, or the iron core spinning around? You realize the planet will die one day right?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Googling the term "plasmoid" brought up this 2007 article, from PHYS ORG: "Research Continues for Deep Space Travel Propulsion":

Graduate students and faculty researchers at The University of Alabama in Huntsville are investigating propulsion concepts that could eventually revolutionize deep space travel.

The Plasmoid Thruster Experiment (PTX) is a stepping stone to a highly efficient propulsion concept which could ultimately change how we travel in space, according to Dr. Jason Cassibry, a researcher in UAH’s Propulsion Research Center.

. . . PTX works by ringing a single turn conical theta pinch coil at about 500 kHz, ionizing and accelerating a small quantity of gas. The magnetic field inside the coil creates a plasmoid, a plasma that has a closed magnetic field structure. . . .

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

In the end I think we will find it has been here before. The Egyptians, others even older. As far as I am concerned the first modern scientists was tesla, Einstein as we are learning more and more each passing day only had part of the story and it was only part right. Now we know everything has energy as tesla said, aetherforce.

There will be more than one way to reach free energy, it is the beginning of change for earth. The beginning of a time when money is not the driving force of our lives. We know now there are other Universes now and that within our own there are thousands of other earth type planets.

The dream that was tesla's can't come soon enough. Greed has had it's day. It is time all the people benefit from the wealth of the earth.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Mary Rose
Googling the term "plasmoid" brought up this 2007 article, from PHYS ORG: "Research Continues for Deep Space Travel Propulsion":

Graduate students and faculty researchers at The University of Alabama in Huntsville are investigating propulsion concepts that could eventually revolutionize deep space travel.

The Plasmoid Thruster Experiment (PTX) is a stepping stone to a highly efficient propulsion concept which could ultimately change how we travel in space, according to Dr. Jason Cassibry, a researcher in UAH’s Propulsion Research Center.

. . . PTX works by ringing a single turn conical theta pinch coil at about 500 kHz, ionizing and accelerating a small quantity of gas. The magnetic field inside the coil creates a plasmoid, a plasma that has a closed magnetic field structure. . . .

So if he says "electron" that means it's evidence of something?
edit on 5-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The big bang was a free energy machine

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

The big bang was a free energy machine

Then why does entropy govern the result?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The point of this thread is that zero point energy is real and cutting-edge research needs to be done. A keyword is "plasmoid" and the article I posted is about cutting-edge research related to plasmoids.

No claims of any kind regarding any free energy device were made in the OP.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Why dont the people proposing the hypotheses also do the research?

I mean, I know that the scientific method is all "mainstream," but its not a bad framework to work from...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

As far as I know Moray King and his associates do do research. That's why he was asked to speak at the conference.

There needs to be support for this research from the public. The public needs to demand it.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Do you know of anywhere that he shares his research?

I skipped through the video rather quickly, but does he even hint at what he is doing to experiment?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Thank you for that. I am all about open source!

I know exactly what they are doing, and exactly what they are dealing with. Doesnt seem they do... But they are trying to learn more about it! Thats a very good thing.

I hope they continue to do research themselves, rather than hoping the "open source community" (see: everyone else but them) to do everything for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join