It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fats and cholesterol: The lies they're feeding us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
An excellent doco here exposing the apparent balderdash regarding the deleterious affects of fat and cholesterol disseminated by big drug companies, like Pfizer, in order to hock their expensive, and largely useless, drugs.

Anyone who goes to the gym or has any knowledge of weight loss would know from empirical evidence that it's sugar that is the No.1 public enemy of healthy weight, not fats (with the exception of industrial trans fats, of course).

As for cholesterol―another crock perpetrated by big business to fleece the hapless consumer. Nothing new here, except that many medical professionals are in on the scam, too...

Part 1 of 2 (29m 01s)
Part 2 of 2 (29m 12s)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
THANK YOU for posting this! It's a big steaming pile of nonsense, but people get so stuck on these ideas that they cannot, or will not, see things differently. Heart disease is a disease of inflammation. Too much of the simple sugars and carbs will cause a blood sugar spike, which damages the arteries. Plaque cholesterol will go to the injured site, and yes, eventually build up, especially if the diet is not changed.

Sugar is the biggest cause of inflammation in our diet today. Not fat.

I do believe it's a conspiracy as well: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A member who was a doctor told a bunch of us local businessmen in a speech at a meeting of an organization I used to belong to not to worry much about cholesterol. He said that the brain has a very high percentage of cholesterol in it and that by restricting cholesterol the body takes it if needed from parts highest in concentration first. It makes perfect sense to me....dumbing down of America

Moderation is the clue, not avoidance. It seems that the things that are told are healthy or necessary for good health either dumb us down or keep us weak or calm. To a point this is necessary but too much of this is not good.

Seems that they make you worried about things so you have to pay to be dumbed down nowadays.
edit on 5-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Fact. I did a lot of research before moving over to a high-fat, moderate-protein, low carb diet.
I lost 65 lbs, my brother lost 80lbs+.

One of the most glorious things i ate would be cheese-filled hamburgers wrapped in bacon topped with sour cream, green onion. Or ranch dressing with a side of steamed/boiled greens.

The standard american diet calls for low sugar intake, but a higher carb intake (somewhere between 200-300gs a day). Which does not make sense. As carbs (aside from fibre) all break down to the same thing in your system. Glucose. Which triggers your insulin response, which activates your fat cells to store it, rather than use it as fuel.

The human body is not stupid. It will burn what you consume. Eating a high fat diet literally changes the fuel system your body runs on. Its quite an amazing diet if i do say so, and intend on hopping back on the wagon. When the full switch happens i noticed i had infinite amounts of energy, sounder sleep, NO HEARTBURN (oh my god what a relief that was), better in the bedroom (just putting that out there).

The low-fat craze is a partial reason why people are still fat. The diet industry is a billion dollar industry and have a vested interest in keeping people fat. These findings on saturated fat were long figured out. But there would be no profit in a skinny healthy population.

Added note: Neither me nor my brother did any extreme exercising while we dieted. It just melted off. I walked quite a bit though.
edit on 5/11/13 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree, lots of new info(and a lot not so new) out there. Check out the book Cholesterol Clarity. Clear info.

Also, Dr. Terry L. Walhls, who through diet beat MS. I use a similar diet as told by David Aspey, the Bulletproof Diet. With great results!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Simple natural sugars in moderation, do not hurt anyone.
Asians eat a ton of rice, and have no issue with it.
Same with Italians in Italy, and pasta.
If the stuff isn't GMO or processed, no one has issues with it.
Sugar in everything in the USA, is HFCS, and THAT is what is causing illness and obesity in the USA.
Not sugar.

Use a good demera or turbinado, organic sugar, you won't have any issues.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Blood vessels get weaker as we get older and tend to tear - the body responds by pumping out cholesterol which acts like Polyfiller and seals the tears.

A lot of tears = a lot of cholesterol = a lot of sealing.

Basic cause of atherosclerosis.

Cutting back the body's production of cholesterol is a sensible way of slowing down atherosclerosis.

What causes the tears?

Ageing.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
For balance:

Whether what was postulated here was grounded in fact or fiction, this exposé was heavily criticised by the 'media watch' program, Media Watch (hosted by the same channel) for the skewed nature of the report. Fro example, eight so-called 'experts' were sought to support the claims made, with only two who opposed; and a lot of the latter's input cut from the final product.

The presenter can also be seen nodding in vehement agreement with those decrying statins, yet displaying 'less than forthcoming' body language towards those presenting the other side of the argument. In fact, apparently the initial cut of the program had zero content supporting statins and the 'anti fat' camp and was then forced to add 'pro' content to mitigate the obvious bias...!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

CJCrawley
Blood vessels get weaker as we get older and tend to tear - the body responds by pumping out cholesterol which acts like Polyfiller and seals the tears.

A lot of tears = a lot of cholesterol = a lot of sealing.

Basic cause of atherosclerosis.

Cutting back the body's production of cholesterol is a sensible way of slowing down atherosclerosis.

What causes the tears?

Ageing.

What causes the tears? Inflammation.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bruceT

It could be inflammation but the end result is the same - cholesterol is released to seal the tears.

If that happens too often, fatty deposits build up on the vessel walls making them less patent (ie atherosclerosis).

So what are you going to do...slow the process down by taking a statin, or wait a decade or two in the hope that medical science catches on to your theory and tackles the cause of the inflammation?

top topics

join