It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scandal Video of Saudi man beating Asian man prompts govt. to step in.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Video of Saudi man beating Asian man prompts govt. to step in
A video apparently showing a Saudi man beating an Asian man has triggered public anger and pushed Saudi Arabia's Human Rights Commission to follow up on the case, a spokesperson told Al Arabiya.
The Saudi man in the video, who has not been named, accuses the victim of talking to his wife and then proceeds to attack him.

The beating has led the country's human rights authority to receive multiple complaints by viewers calling for the perpetrator to be punished, said spokesperson Ibrahim al-Shadi.
Shadi added that the beating was a flagrant violation of the victim's rights to safety and dignity. The act also flouted rules set by Islamic Sharia, he said.
The spokesperson added that, regardless of why the man was allegedly assaulted, the perpetrator's actions did not abide by state-enforced rules on the protection of human rights.

WARNING. Graphic Content in Video

Peace and Love strikes again.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

just y opinion - but in a disturbingly large minority of ` the Saudi mindset ` the only scandal is that the vid has gone public

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
So why let him do that? I'd pick up that television set and make the supid git a tv star.

"Hey look, You're on TV."

*smash*

what a cretin..

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

at some point a person must stand up for themselves. i'm all about living a non violent life. but sometimes you have to stand up and fight back. for the guy in the video, either way he was going to get a beat down. might as well go down swinging.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not even that.. there are a LOT of videos like these floating around. Its probably just because the saudia government wanted to look good to the western audience for a minute... They are wanting something from our government so they needed to look good first..

It doesn't bother them in the least to beat these people

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

no... he couldn't do that. He would have been killed or imprisoned. You do not know what it is like for these men.

Their lot in life once in saudia is the same lot in life a black man had in the united states 200 years ago.
edit on 5-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

We invade all of these so called radical countries across the world all the while Saudi Arabia is considered a friendly nation.

Back on topic it seems to me Muslim men have some issues when it comes to women. Is this racist or is this being realistic ? Sometimes the facts are not politically correct.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

At what point do you as a man stand and fight back......... whatever the consequences i would of had to fight back there or i couldn't of lived with myself as a man

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by subfab

no... he couldn't do that. He would have been killed or imprisoned. You do not know what it is like for these men.

Their lot in life once in saudia is the same lot in life a black man had in the united states 200 years ago.
edit on 5-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

I have to agree with that. We don't even know the Asian man's circumstances there, is he being detained, and wearing a uniform? He already has a shiner when the video begins, and for all we know there is a weapon being trained on him...that's another thing, video man, what's his role aside from videoing.
That kind of cruelty is not reserved by just the Saudis, remember Bobby Joe Blythe, that was real evil.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The Man in the in Orange jumpsuit..

Translation....

"Yeah, I talked to your wife. I Said 'Hi' then she broke out in tears and told me how pathetic and lacking you're in bed. Hey, Just a guess here but, Maybe if you took better care of business at home like a real man then maybe she wouldn't be talking to every Chan, Hon or Ho that comes along?

Now, go ahead and beat me with your proverbial penis extension if that makes you feel better but it wont help you become a REAL man.

Pathetic..."

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just imagine the Asian man had a Conceal & Carry permit like in some states.

Maybe there'd be less violence in the world.

(beez opens can of worms, walks away slowly)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That was damn hilarious. Still laughing myself silly. LOL

They seem to have a "confidence" issue there don't they?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

beezzer
Just imagine the Asian man had a Conceal & Carry permit like in some states.

Maybe there'd be less violence in the world.

(beez opens can of worms, walks away slowly)

That would make quick work of it.

Pa Bang !!! Don't think so Abdul. Step off.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
WEAK is what i call the aggressor using a whip or whatever on someone not even hitting back, pathetic. I've seen girls hit much much harder. To me it looks like he is being questioned somewhere, then gets the whip. Looks like he was already Beat bf getting to sit down.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i don't know, looking at his gestures and how he kept getting hit after saying stuff, I'm under the impression that he was throwing insults and provoking anger with his words and gestures. he keeps pointing while talking and that alone is considered making a threat to an Arab.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It is very sad...Tortures and subjugation of the poor are quite common among the US allies Middle East countries. They are just not widely publicized and the western governments keep silent about it for political and economic reasons. It is apparent, human rights is never in their agendas.

Speak to any of the Asian nation embassies especially, one will find out the sad truth. It is extremely difficult to fight back because the law is never on the side of the underdogs unless stories leak out in a major way. These Asian slaves (yes, we should acknowledge it is), usually owe a lot of money to agents who arrange their routes and promise them jobs. These slaves are badly compensated for their work and poorly treated. They are not able to fight, escape or return to their respective countries because 1) they don't have enough to pay their debts 2) they would feel disgraced to return to their families with nothing to show for 3) they can't switch jobs or escape so easily because 4) their passports are normally withheld by their employers 5)the employers will ensure they will be tortured worse if they fight back. The only shelters are their own embassy or consular grounds....and most are not fortunate or educated enough in the foreign land to be able to make it there. So they choose to suffer in silence.

Btw, here's one torture video in the UAE (another one of US allies) by the prince himself:
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

namehere
i don't know, looking at his gestures and how he kept getting hit after saying stuff, I'm under the impression that he was throwing insults and provoking anger with his words and gestures. he keeps pointing while talking and that alone is considered making a threat to an Arab.

Reading your comment, I'm under the impression that you condone abusive, violent treatment. Shame on you!

new topics

top topics

join