It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a secret "rub" recipe for slow cooked meat?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hi all

I have a bit of a craving for US style slow cooked meat, the pulled pork, ribs, or chicken that is marinaded in barbecue sauce or one of those "special" rubs you always see the chefs on telly using. I love my meat, but have never had it like you see them do it on telly. I've never had it slow cooked for a long time.

I used to love watching the "Man vs Food" or the "Diners' Dives and Drive-ins", the meat in some of your restaurants over there looked just amazing.

I'm starting off with the page below, basicly because i know nothing about doing this, so any recommended sites or rub recipes would be most welcome.

Recipes

Cheers.

CX.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes i do.

Thank you for your interest. (its secret so cant share sorry)
edit on 4-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Garlic
Crushed black pepper
Salt

I made a brisket just the other week using that, and it turned out great!

I cooked it at high heat for 1 hour (450F)
Then added 1 cup of water, 2 bullion cubes, and tightly wrapped it in foil (Always have that around!) and cooked it at 300F for 4.5 hours.
The last .5 hour I took off the foil and lightly coated it with a BBQ sauce so it glazed the meat.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Sure, why not?

This is my own version of something I learned from a BBQ chicken fiend. The first step is to marinate the skinless chicken parts for hours (not overnight) in a blend of ingredients including….

Lots of Ginger Ale

Lots of French's Yellow Mustard

Lots of Fresh chopped Tarragon

There should be enough of these ingredients to swim the chicken. Turn in the fridge a few times to even the soak.

When you barbecue, cover the grill with foil and place the chicken on the foil to cook. Wash the cooking chicken (in boiling puddles) with the left over marinade and fresh Ginger Ale.

Once the meat is almost completely cooked, remove the foil and place directly on the grill to finish.

Once done the edges should be seared and the meat have a yellow color (from the mustard) with flecks of Tarragon coating it.

The taste will be awesome.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is my favorite web site for all things BBQ:

Amazing ribs

This is really the most comprehensive BBQ source I have been able to find on the internet. Not only does he provide excellent recipes, he also explains why he chose the ingredients.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Salt, pepper, turmeric, brown sugar ,lemongrass , lemon pepper ,thyme ,rosemary, and sage.
This is your recipe should you choose to accept it
This message will self destruct in 5.......4.....3.....2.....1.......
edit on 4-11-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with this.

But make sure you use kosher salt. The thick granule salt.
NOT table salt.

Sea salt will work as well. Usually adds even more flavor to the meat.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

The above posts are 75% on track, but for "full bore BBQ" check this out...in HD even...talk about mouthwatering.
Primal Grill

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

I was just browsing this site, i clicked on "lamb on a shovel" to see what it was. It was a lamb on a shovel.... i thought they were kidding!

some good stuff there...... mmmmm HD

CX

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What a bunch of stars you all are....i'm off to buy lots of meat.

Thanks everyone, very much appreciated. My kids won't know what's hit their taste buds when they get home later.

CX.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Damn you guys, cut it out. Your making me hungry.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AprilFooseball

Thanks for the link gonna do some bbqing tonight!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i used to be a chef for 9 years but in the uk,
the best rub i made in them years was
paprika, garlic salt, white pepper and a crushed up beef oxo cube ( depending on what meat you are cooking you can use different meat stock cubes ) and just a tad of chilli powder not to much you dont want to blow any ones face of ha

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Try this. Pork any type will do. Boil for 20min in soda pop, cola, 7up, dr pepper, the stale stuff in the back of the fridge, it doesn't matter. Then season with salt pepper garlic, cover and bake @ 300 till tender. Grab a bottle of sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce and pour it all over this wonderful creation. Bake for 15min let cool down a bit, then get busy.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Colored sea salt and pepper. Hawaiian salt is preferred.

Liquid is a bit of beer and a touch of MSG. 1/4 cup + of garlic powder added too.

Works wonderful on pork.

top topics

join