It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tidal wave dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
My friend had an intense dream last night - she's not an ATSer so I'm posting for her and to see if others are having similar imagery.

She's on the 4th floor of an apartment complex with an ex-boyfriend. Standing on the balcony she sees the ocean suck out, then a massive wave roll in. She runs inside, starts grabbing stuff and yelling at the ex to get out of there. The wave hits and water comes up to the balcony. She runs down the back stairs (no water there, its a dream afterall) but goes back to get keys or something. Sees the water sucking out again, this time the wave hits and takes off the balcony. She's screaming that they have to get out of there and wakes up.

I asked a few questions and got this info - seemed to be afternoon, sun was up in the sky over the ocean so west coast of somewhere. She used to live in Los Angeles with the ex, but now lives inland up north. She kept calling it tidal wave, but was clear on the water being sucked out so maybe a tsunami.

Anyway, just posting it here in case anyone has input. It could just be the chaos after a break up dream, or.....

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

Now that's a wet dream! At least you have it documented here so, if it happens!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

Maybe she channeled someone else's real experience. There have been two enormous Tsunamis in Indonesia and Japan affecting many people.

Or maybe she is wound up with fears about those events and the study of them. The mind tends to play on our heaviest concerns when we are asleep.

Now, if she had these dreams just prior to world events thats another thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
water in dreams can be symbolic for emotions. in this case overwhelming emotions that attempt to reach her and sweep her away. the balcony is a vantage point to look at something at the distance. my guess is she has a person or event happening in her life that she finds emotionally overwhelming and this is her way of processing the emotions.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing!!

May I ask what region of the World your friend lives in?

I had a terrifyingly realistic dream about a comet and tsunami during a mid day deep slumber on September 19th.

The comet in my dream was So beautiful, I was in awe steering at it Rising in the Eastern Sky.

It was like a bride standing there and the coma and trails look like silk veils of a brides wedding dress.

After staring at it for a minute, my dream(minds eye) teleports me to a school yard of a 1950-1970's style brick and window built school.

Right after porting me there, these Tsunami warning style loudspeakers start blasting "Get to the Hill, Get to higher ground!" that were on a pole near the school.

I looked up at the sky and it was streaked and red. Very Chaotic looking sky. Behind the school was a hill that led up to a bigger hill, maybe call it a small mountain. There were other people panicking, yelling, screaming, and scrambling to get to this hill.

I was shaken from it. This dream will stick with me forever...

edit on 4-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

zyrktec
water in dreams can be symbolic for emotions. in this case overwhelming emotions that attempt to reach her and sweep her away. the balcony is a vantage point to look at something at the distance. my guess is she has a person or event happening in her life that she finds emotionally overwhelming and this is her way of processing the emotions.

Zy is right. The tidal waves and being chased by a tornado dreams are the same thing. You feel that events in your life are overwhelming you. It is that simple.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

We live in a multiverse. Multiple dimensions. Multiple realities. Infinite timelines and possibilities - which includes forks in our lives and choices made..the alternate choice reality also exists.

We go out of body every single night and access these other dimensions and realities that we call dreams..but are sooooooo much more.

This could be an alternate reality or it could be a vision of the future.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

Stress and worry, I have had a series of dream's or dream like experiences that may have been OOBE in which I found myself in my bedroom walking against a force that was trying to pull me away. It felt like I was under water and I could see ripples on the ceiling like you get from light through a fish tank, the world seemed somehow detached and on another occasion, the last of these I was not being pulled down but returning from above and could see the underside of the wave's and below the houses around my home and my home, I seemed to be flying down that time and the heavy viscous sensation of before was no longer present, but in general it sounds like she may be anxious or worried about something, though my mother had a dream about a flood and a great wall of water, she has alway's been psychic and once more or less called that guy derek akora, whom was sitting next to her in a car dealership, a con artist because she firmly believed little madeline mcann was alive and he had said she was dead according to sam his guide (I think he is psychic but spirit guides are unreliable and in it for there own purpose), after her dream (her words water like mountains and it was terrifying I was trying to run but it was too fast) about one week later a terrible tsunami tsunami struck in the pacific half way around the world from us, and on another occasion I felt great anger toward china for some reason and felt the energy like a force I funnelled it into the earch so as not to hurt anyone because the thought occured to me there are children but the next day an earth quake had happened in central china and people died, probably coincidence but?.
edit on 4-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

ns9504
My friend had an intense dream last night - she's not an ATSer so I'm posting for her and to see if others are having similar imagery.

She's on the 4th floor of an apartment complex with an ex-boyfriend. Standing on the balcony she sees the ocean suck out, then a massive wave roll in. She runs inside, starts grabbing stuff and yelling at the ex to get out of there. The wave hits and water comes up to the balcony. She runs down the back stairs (no water there, its a dream afterall) but goes back to get keys or something. Sees the water sucking out again, this time the wave hits and takes off the balcony. She's screaming that they have to get out of there and wakes up.

I asked a few questions and got this info - seemed to be afternoon, sun was up in the sky over the ocean so west coast of somewhere. She used to live in Los Angeles with the ex, but now lives inland up north. She kept calling it tidal wave, but was clear on the water being sucked out so maybe a tsunami.

Anyway, just posting it here in case anyone has input. It could just be the chaos after a break up dream, or.....

I am not saying this dream doesn't mean anything, but usually when I dream of Tsunamis\ tidal waves it is when my life feels off balance and chaotic or there is something I fear.

Everytime I have these dreams which occur everytime my life is not going the way I want I am terrified running away from the wave/s, yet I always seem to escape un harmed well 99% of the time I do.

Maybe she could look at things that are going on in her life right now that could cause the the tsunami in her dream. That is how I usually try to understand my dreams, see what I am feeling at the time of the dream and how I feel afterwards etc.

Hopefully it is but a dream..
Karma =)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
Thank you for sharing!!

May I ask what region of the World your friend lives in?

I had a terrifyingly realistic dream about a comet and tsunami during a mid day deep slumber on September 19th.

The comet in my dream was So beautiful, I was in awe steering at it Rising in the Eastern Sky.

It was like a bride standing there and the coma and trails look like silk veils of a brides wedding dress.

After staring at it for a minute, my dream(minds eye) teleports me to a school yard of a 1950-1970's style brick and window built school.

Right after porting me there, these Tsunami warning style loudspeakers start blasting "Get to the Hill, Get to higher ground!" that were on a pole near the school.

I looked up at the sky and it was streaked and red. Very Chaotic looking sky. Behind the school was a hill that led up to a bigger hill, maybe call it a small mountain. There were other people panicking, yelling, screaming, and scrambling to get to this hill.

I was shaken from it. This dream will stick with me forever...

edit on 4-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

She is in northern California, recently moved from Los Angeles. No comet in her dream and she kept referring to a tidal wave, I named it tsunami because of her description of seeing water rushing out.

Yes, could be processing emotions of life, but then again....you never know! ;-)

new topics

top topics

join