It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey scrambles jets to intercept Russian warplanes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just saw it come across my Twitter feed..
Will continue to monitor and hopefully anyone else that sees anything will follow up.

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
RIGHT NOW! TURKEY SCRAMBLES FOUR F-16'S TO INTERCEPT RUSSIAN IL-20 WARPLANES FLYING PARALLEL TO TURKEY'S BLACK SEA COAST. ALARABIYA.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Well good. It is about time someone confronted Israel. They just bomb Syria with impunity. They are in bed with the Saudis. I for one welcome the support of Syria.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Googled this and if it isn't a recurrence this happened a week ago.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
sure they're il-20's as they got withdrawn in 1949 according to wikipedia?, its probably the Russians doing what they do best send a few bombers to fly over international waters to see response times of the airforces and it happens regularly all over Europe so if its just a Russian training flight with a bit of playboy picture trading then its nothing to be worried about

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

intrepid
Googled this and if it isn't a recurrence this happened a week ago.

Yah, I am trying to find out if it's what already happened being reported as current or a new incident all together.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

WTH does Israel have to do with this?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

GrantedBail
It is about time someone confronted Israel.

It's RUSSIA. Not Israel.

They just bomb Syria with impunity. .

They bomb Hezbollah staging grounds. But that's a topic for a different thread.

I find it interesting that you got a few stars for that ... It's like people see the words 'bad Israel' (or something close to that) and they automatically star it without checking the information. Funny.

I'm looking around ... this happened TUESDAY.
Info Here

edit on 11/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Not dissing on Israel here, but there were reports of their bombing a Syrian AF base and missile depot early in the week. Russia made it clear last summer that it would defend Syria, so it seems logical that people are thinking Russia is either going to act or intimidate for that bombing.
edit on 3-11-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well they bombed Syria a few days ago...again!

Turkey, Israel and Saudi Arabia. They are all in bed together.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

GrantedBail

Well they bombed Syria a few days ago...again!

So? This topic is about Turkey and Russia.

Turkey, Israel and Saudi Arabia. They are all in bed together.

You really aren't up on current events, are you? Turkey is extremely pissed at Israel. @@

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If you are not clear about Israeli involvement in Syria then I can't help you.

Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia and the West. All ganging up on Syria.

"Hesbollah, Hezbolla, Hezbolla!!! Horseradish!
edit on 3-11-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Oh sure they are. It is all over the MSM. It is just propaganda for the masses. Turkey can't overtly support Israel, their population would go nuts. Their geo-politcal aims are the same. Turkey is a NATO member.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

GrantedBail
Turkey is a NATO member.

That is the only reason Turkey didn't kick Israel's ass this year. So now can we leave Israel out of this?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You are welcome to leave Israhell out of it if you wish. But it is very clear to anyone that has been actively watching what has been going down in Syria for the last couple of years who the players are.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Look man, if you've been paying attention there is no one here that is more critical of the Knesset. That said, THIS is not an Israeli issue. OK?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

intrepid

GrantedBail
Turkey is a NATO member.

That is the only reason Turkey didn't kick Israel's ass this year. So now can we leave Israel out of this?

I have to agree on this. Turkey has two rather dubious distinctions, when taken together.

First, they produce F-16 Fighter jets in their own factories, on their own Soil. (Licensed to do so by the U.S..which isn't a common thing)

Second, they have cracked and bypassed the IFF safeguards to be able to engage Israeli fighters, despite the system having been hard coded to prevent allies from locking onto each other. Turkey has sworn they won't share that with other regional powers who also use the F-16.

So indeed, this would appear to be 100% and entirely about Russia and Turkey who share coasts on the Black Sea and never have been buddies, by any stretch. It's a new development if Russia makes a habit of playing chicken with the Turkish Air Forces again, cold war style, IMO.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

GrantedBail

You are welcome to leave Israhell out of it if you wish. But it is very clear to anyone that has been actively watching what has been going down in Syria for the last couple of years who the players are.

Yes it is and Israel is not one of them beyond hitting any weapons transfers to Hamas or Hezbollah. Other than they have a cozy growing relashionship with Russia who needs their weapon tech and lets Israel do as they please.

As for Russian flying near Turkish airspace they do this all over the place with different countries.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

They weren't bombing hezbollah staging grounds. Their bombing of Syria this werk had nothing to do with hezbollah or lebanon. Common sense shows us that. Of course they said it was out of fear those weapins could go to lebabon, but it wasn't likely and there was no evidence they were. Thats why Israek was upset the US outed them as the attackers. They bombed Syrias air defence station for one obvious reason.. to weaken Syrias air defences for when Israel hits Iran. They need the airspace over Syria to be clear for exit routes, retreat, and alt entry routes to Iran.

Don't believe everything Israel tries to sell you. Parroting it back usually just makes pwople look foolish and this most recent event is no different.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

FlyersFan

GrantedBail
It is about time someone confronted Israel.

It's RUSSIA. Not Israel.

They just bomb Syria with impunity. .

They bomb Hezbollah staging grounds. But that's a topic for a different thread.

I find it interesting that you got a few stars for that ... It's like people see the words 'bad Israel' (or something close to that) and they automatically star it without checking the information. Funny.

I'm looking around ... this happened TUESDAY.
Info Here

edit on 11/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

i find it interesting how many stars you've got overall.
is it because of 'good Israel' posts? </sarcasm>

intrepid

Look man, if you've been paying attention there is no one here that is more critical of the Knesset. That said, THIS is not an Israeli issue. OK?

everything in the middle east is an Israeli issue.
at least according to Israel.
edit on 3-11-2013 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

jedi_hamster

everything in the middle east is an Israeli issue.
at least according to Israel.

Most truth in one statement. Everything in the ME is a US issue too.
edit on 3-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join