It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debris rains on Vietnam village

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

aboutface
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ok, so no plane, but what if it's a drone? Do those things even show up on radar? And if they do, whose was it and who might have shot it down?

there are also self destruct mechanisms on board drones. that is why it was so suspicious that Iran got one of our more advanced ones without it blowing up. either they had complete control and locked out the US drones base or someone inside let them have it.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

That particular UAV was flown by the CIA. It did NOT have a destruct device in it from what I've been told.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Hr2burn
It lookS aluminum, not billet but forged. I don't think we are seeing melted areas, rather shattered areas. I would say plane as well but there would be some sort of record of a plane that went missing unless it were flying illegally. Perhaps drug running? Will be interesting to see what comes of this. I think we can all safely say it is terrestrial.

I was just getting ready to post a similar thought and then I saw you had covered it. I definitely think it is a cast aluminum probably AZ92-t6 (Primarily an Aluminum/Zinc/Magnesium mix and I think a little silica though not positive ) or similar. Cast aluminum is rarely shiny due to the almost immediate exothermic process of oxidation (Aluminum Oxide) forming as soon as it reaches the air after casting. It only takes about 2-4 hours of exposure to oxygen/air to reach a thickness of about 4nm. I cast and machine metals as one of my hobbies and these look like aluminum.

The thick webbing used throughout the panels for strength and to reduce weight also look cast not machined. The holes in the various places look like some sort of shrapnel hit the casting and broke chunks out. Castings are somewhat brittle so it would not surprise me that these holes are there.

Now what made the holes? Could be a jet impeller failure I suppose but I do not think so given that they are typically designed to fail in a somewhat controlled manner and there is a sort of scatter shield or caging around it to contain such a mishap, not that it is 100% effective.

I do not think the holes were caused by heat as aluminum casting and billet when you melt them, the aluminum actually bubbles up under the layer of oxidation which acts as a skin typically leaving you with a blister like appearance when the affected area cools.

I will have to wait and see what the professionals handling this can come up with.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

so the CIA hand delivered our stealthiest drone directly to our sworn enemy under the Obama watch and no one seems to even want to try and see this president impeached?

did you all know that a couple of days ago Obama killed the taliban leader in Pakistan and that just before they were to have peace talks. I guess as Obama says "I am good at killing people".
edit on 4-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vnmusic

That vid is excellent, good find! The corrugated pieces are interesting it looks like the bottom of a booster rocket, an old Saturn booster?

edit on 4-11-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I agree, could be, im pretty sure those parts are either from booster rocket or an aircraft of some sort or maybe re-entry vehicle... I spend hours yesterday looking at pictures of satellite construction and didnt find anything that would look like the parts in those pictures/video so i dont think its from any satellite.
I Have seen similar structures that can be seen in the pics on first page and i think in either Boeing or Beechcraft King Air aircraft... We have one King Air in the hangar atm for maintenance so i think i will go and take a further look tomorrow when im there... ill get pics if i find something .King Airs have been built for military use too and are used for drug running also.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

lol it is easy to get obsessed yes? I just spent a fair bit of time trying to find the circuitry I saw in that vid, some Chrysler stuff from the Saturn program looks close, but not quite. As far as more pics I am unable to find anything, it is so frustrating. I want the Vietnam Ministry of Defense to publish all the pics, cause I bet we can pin it down before they can, lol

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Iamschist
reply to post by zoomer72

lol it is easy to get obsessed yes? I just spent a fair bit of time trying to find the circuitry I saw in that vid, some Chrysler stuff from the Saturn program looks close, but not quite. As far as more pics I am unable to find anything, it is so frustrating. I want the Vietnam Ministry of Defense to publish all the pics, cause I bet we can pin it down before they can, lol

Yes,Absolutely lol , i hope they release more pics soon, i think we can pin it down before they can

Could be something like this:
www.fas.org...

not saying its flying for US ,could be export version to some other airforce...
If there were an explosion the main wreck could be miles away , these are pressurized aircraft so they can fly higher than normal craft...
edit on 11/4/2013 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

zoomer72
According to this Goce satellite is still up there.
www.n2yo.com...

Yes it is still up there, but there are some variants on it's altitude, one tracker had it at 195kms last few days of October, another had it much higher and while it varies in travel both up and down in smaller amounts from the surface. So say it is around 195kms now it is in the burning zone, other satellites have burnt up at 200kms. Nobody is saying if smallish parts, or any parts could not have fallen off through drag already, though conversely Goce has some aerodynamic qualities, the piggin' thing has horizontal stabilisers/fins and will likely come in like a missile unless those bits fall off first.
When it does come in earnest, the variable density of the atmosphere, affected by solar activity will also play a part, as it does when satellites are in controlled orbit.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

If it is/were a sattelite, could it be possible that the holes are impacts from a meteor shower?
and that the wessel was brought down due to impact with these, im not sure if any sattelite needs to be
constructed to be as solid as the parts suggest, as far as i know no sattelite would be experiencing forces that needs that kind of construction.
not knowing the area where the debree was found im asking if anybody knows of any chinese jet training facilities nearby?
in that case it could be a training drone shot down.
Just grasping for straws here i know.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

so the CIA hand delivered

No

our stealthiest drone directly to our sworn enemy under the Obama watch and no one seems to even want to try and see this president impeached?

Try getting something impeachable on him rather than beating up what happens in real life into fantasy, and them come back to us.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

vnmusic
reply to post by Hr2burn

There is a video link:
tv.vtc.vn...

Officials guess it might be an die-out satellite.

So far, this is the best actual pictures of whatever it was. Note the circuit board with capacitors and other pieces of thin walled sheet metal with a circumference on it.

My best guess is this is remains of a booster rocket that fell from a high enough altitude to begin to burn up but not high enough in Earth orbit to be ablated to crispy shards. The circuit board in the video even has wires hanging off it. So, suffered some reentry effects but not a full reentry burn, much like a second or third stage booster rocket would.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join