It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indians and Aliens, (a 6-episode series from the Innuit and Cree of James Bay in the high North)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Checked out their Youtube channel and found this in the discussion area. Someone asked about seeing their content in the US and here is their answer:

Thank you for your interest in subscribing to APTN. Unfortunately, at this time APTN only holds the rights to distribute programming in Canada and is not legally permitted to broadcast into the United States. APTN is exploring the necessary requirements for American distribution; however, as a young network, we are presently focusing on building our presence in Canada.

Thanks for that, FCC or what ever gubment office prevents us from watching, even online, tv shows from outside the US.

Still, I really want to see those other five episodes. I am neurotic like that, I am so not a watch the last one first, then go back type of gal. Wink-wink. Nudge-nudge.
edit on 3-11-2013 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

Thanks for that information. I'm sure that if they want to be part of the global dialogue, then they won't let this excellent documentary series sit idly in mothballs. It will emerge at some point and when it does you will be as impressed as I was.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I'm only able to view episode 6, as well. It was a great show, though, so thanks for posting it, OP! I've looked around to see if I can find any of the other episodes on other sites and so far, I haven't had any luck, but if I do find them, I'll post a link.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I know little about the legal aspects but the production company that made the videos should be able to come up with something. At the risk of being very wrong, I wonder if they couldn't licence another Indian band in the US to carry it? Because from what I've observed, for every law there is usually a way around it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
looks good!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

oh, that explains it, im in europe

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I haven't been able to find anything yet. I even tried viewing it through a Canadian proxy, but that blocks out all the vids. I saw something online the other day about a browser addon that allows viewing of blocked vids, but I haven't been able to locate it now that I want to use it, lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

aboutface
reply to post by ThinkingCap

So glad you enjoyed it. The other episodes are in the small boxes directly under the viewing screen on this page

I don't know why they did it so that episode 6 plays automatically rather than the first one, but the others are underneath. You have to scroll down a little bit more. What is happening when you scroll down more? What do you see?
edit on 1-11-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

I'm concerned that it is because I am currently not in the U.S

I turned off my extensions (ghostry, adblock) and yet still only episode 6 is available.
This is such.. A drag... I need more of this, I *really* enjoyed the 6th episode for what it is worth!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I'm not sure I follow. The series originated in Canada, and is being blocked in the US for legalese reasons. (see posts above)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Didn't know it was Canadian.

So I am confirming that even outside of U.S only episode 6 is visible.

Big shame.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Can only find episode 6 on their website. Is it possible to download somewhere, maybe through torrent. Does anyone know?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join