It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming about Strangers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Who else has had a dream where a majority of the people involved are people you don't actually know in real life?

It's strange how I remember their faces when I wake up & still remember it a few days even weeks later. I mean i do have good memory when it comes to dreams, i remember a lot of my dreams from when I was younger.

Opinions on why & how we dream of people we don't actually know in reality?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nms120113

I usually dream about people I know.
My husband has had some dreams where he's in a crowded party and doesn't know anybody.
He says it is very unsettling and scary because he doesn't know where he is.
Wish I could help you more but that's all I got.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You know ,its weird that you wrote this thread because,just last night I had a dream that involved a girl I never met before.The only thing I recall is her face and someone shooting at us(and chasing us).Usually I don`t remember my dreams,but that one seemed real.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yes, I've done this several times, ..the unknown person or persons are very vivid in my dream, and seems like I'm friendly with them and know them well ,in the dream, but when I wake up I think " who the hell was that?" ....and.....On a very few rare occasions, I have actually ran into , and met the unknown person that I dreamed about. Time frame from dream to meeting them in person has always been about 1 year later. Just enough elapsed time for me to think" how do I know this person...hmmmm..." and then it clicks and I remember my wacky dream. ....Of course what happened in the dreams is not what is happening at that moment, but it's the same person, same face...I tend to wonder if the unknown people in are dreams were initially part of a past life, and our current life senses they are returning or will be running into them again. Some kind of a connection or link.?...in any case, the people who I've dreamt about and actually run into have all seemed to been very busy with their life, and did not know me, or seem to know me, or care to really get to know me. Not unfriendly, just engrossed in their own lives. None of them have impacted my life other than being a vague acquaintance , or business client , or something of that nature. ...I'm sure there is some relevance as to why we dream of complete strangers, but my best guess is a memory of some past life link.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Your brain can't invent the image of people so the strangers in your dreams have the faces of people you've actually seen at least once in real life. If you walk down a busy sidewalk a few times in your life or gone to a party where a lot of people were present then your mind has a huge cast of characters to "play" with. Strangers? Yes. Unseen prior to your dream(s)? No. Just a bit of morning trivia for you.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Really?Thanks for the info...I would have thought the brain could make a person up.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I've had plenty of those dreams throughout my life. Most of the ones that I remembered to write down often involve random strangers, who I've never met before (or at least, think I've never met before). I wouldn't find it surprising that the brain can make up a person, as think about it: How many people do you pass on a daily basis that you don't know?

There were some however, that didn't seem to meet this theory though - When I was younger, I dreamt a couple dreams where I actually met the stranger later in life - I mean, I doubt I met the "older" version of one friend when I was still 8 (in the dream, we were both in our late teens, so to speak).

-fossilera

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It happens to me occasionally too.

What confuses me more is running into people with completely different personalities than my own. I'm quite shy and reclusive. Then I have conversations with a stranger that is witty and hilariously funny, something I don't think I could come up w on my own, etc. It feels more as though i'm downloading someone else's stream of thought rather than my own...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Didn't expect quite a few replies

Yeah... I've usually thought of it as a past life thing or possibly a future thing, depends on what the stranger was doing in my dream.

Seeing people on a daily basis & the mind mix matching them up in dreams makes sense.

The dreams don't usually bother me until the random person starts interfering with my relationships in the dream lol sounds silly i know

Dreams are very very interesting! To me anyway...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyeddie68

Hope it wasn't me hahaha

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
haha call me strange but quite a lot of my dreams involve people I don't know. I know plenty of people but my mind apparently just decides that it want's random people!

Interesting thought though, I read somewhere that apparently every person you dream of are actually real people you have seen somewhere before but only taken in subconsciously, whether it's in a crowd of people or perhaps from somewhere else in your daily life

Edit: Didn't see that claireaudient got there first!
edit on 31/10/2013 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

You're not the only one haha majority of my dreams always involve at least 1 or 2 random people in it. I either have a fight with them or i befriend them
even more weird how they appear in my dream again the next night which sort of continues on the "story" from the last dream.

Another dream question... Have you ever had one of those dreams where your trying to hit someone or something so hard but it just won't happen?? you just end up missing or very lighting touching them lol

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I had a dream with 2 strangers in it, 2 women, I believe one was older than the other, perhaps mother and daughter. They were dressed in their best gear, you know how you save your best clothes for that special occasion or night out? well that's the impression I got. Unfortuently, I was not ready.

That short memory of a longer dream held the most emotion.

While about a week ago I had a short dream of a cloud trail, very similar to the smoke trail left by the asteroid over Russia, if not bigger/wider in my dream, the dream occurred right outside my place in Melbourne.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I started a thread asking that same question here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It feels like trying to throw a punch, or running while underwater.

I think it might have something to do with this, not sure.

Chemical Systems Help Keep Muscles Paralyzed During REM Sleep www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Lol...if that is you in your avatar pic ,then no.What struck me about the dream(besides the strange girl)was how real it felt.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyeddie68

Hahaha yeah that's me. It's love hate thing when it comes to dreams feeling so real. If its bad & it feels real, you can still feel it when you wake up but your glad it wasn't actually real. If it's good, you love the feeling of it but unfortuntely it's not real life haha

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

Ohh okay thanks!
you learn something different every day

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

nms120113
Who else has had a dream where a majority of the people involved are people you don't actually know in real life?

It's strange how I remember their faces when I wake up & still remember it a few days even weeks later. I mean i do have good memory when it comes to dreams, i remember a lot of my dreams from when I was younger.

Opinions on why & how we dream of people we don't actually know in reality?

My dreams almost always have people i don't know in them. They seem like real people, I remember them and sometimes never forget them, I feel like I know them. it is rare for people I know in life to appear in my dreams. I have realistic color dreams with feel, like sun, wind and so on, completely like real life.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

When I was a young girl I used to have lots of dreams with strangers, somebody told me that dreaming with strangers if you are very young means that those will be the people that you will meet during your lifetime.

I have to say that I no longer remember the people that I used to dream with but I have meet many during my life.

Perhaps if you can make a diary of how the strangers look like and even names if they are given will help look later if they are people that you will meet in the future.

I no longer dream with strangers like I did as a young girl, I wish I had a diary of my dreams but I didn't.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 31-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join