It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's closing all restaurants in Bolivia as nation rejects fast food.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

whine whine whine and moan. All you hoity toity upscale yuppie types haven't noticed the one thing that ties this whole thing together. You have food. You're eating. You put down all these people who eat at fast food joints not thinking that a 99 cent hamburger might be ALL they get that day. But because it wasn't "green" or "organic" or whatever stupid buzzword of the day that you can look down your little elitist nose at them and feel better about your empty little lives and your all so small contribution to humanity. In the end of it all you are made of the same components as they and probably put out less than these masses as far as anything worthwhile to society. I might suggest that you re-examine your priorities. No one is better or worse than anyone else regardless of what they shove down their pie hole. grow up.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight

nightstalker78
reply to post by sarahlm

Yeah they won't eat Mcdonalds,but they'll # where they bathe. Or eat under cooked and nasty foods.And live in unsanitary conditions.Get back to me when they emerge from third world status. Oh,and as someone pointed out,It's more likely their economy couldn't sustain that type of business. Way to turn it into something else though

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that you're an arrogant and angry person.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess you're an arrogant # who judges everyone.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Never thought of Bolivia, of all countries, as such avant garde trend setters.

Good for them!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Broom
Sometimes when you visit some of these countries you wonder how they can be so filthy and unsanitary. It's just a part of their day-to-day life. They don't even realize it, unless they visit somewhere else where sanitation and cleanliness is customary.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

On the plus side, their immune systems would be really good. That's one thing that happens to people who live in filth.

If you disinfect your house everyday, your immune system will adapt to suit. It will get weaker. If you live like the boy in the bubble, you will end up like the boy in the bubble.

On topic, it seems to me these people know how to stay healthy...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

tymothymichel
reply to post by redoubt

whine whine whine and moan. All you hoity toity upscale yuppie types haven't noticed the one thing that ties this whole thing together. You have food. You're eating. You put down all these people who eat at fast food joints not thinking that a 99 cent hamburger might be ALL they get that day. But because it wasn't "green" or "organic" or whatever stupid buzzword of the day that you can look down your little elitist nose at them and feel better about your empty little lives and your all so small contribution to humanity. In the end of it all you are made of the same components as they and probably put out less than these masses as far as anything worthwhile to society. I might suggest that you re-examine your priorities. No one is better or worse than anyone else regardless of what they shove down their pie hole. grow up.

For a dollar in Bolivia one can get far better and more quality food. 4,4 pounds of rice = 1 dollar, 4 pounds of potatoes=1,08, 3 pounds of tomatoes = 1 dollar. Local foods are quite cheap there, while a burger in McDonalds might cost about a dollar.

McDonalds is known for quite strong advertising, which influence peopleĀ“s choices, especially the ones of less educated. Bolivia is a very poor nation and overally the social system is very weak compared to advanced nations. They would rather need build up their country, than take advantage of the poorer and uneducated. For people who do not know much about nutrition, McDonalds foods might seem nutritious, while they are not. The healthcare system is weak there and people do not need additional health issues to deal with.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join