It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Freaking Love Hoff Toddman!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I really really do

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
We are out here in the cold north, with pristine mountains and rolling forests. The air smells of wet pine and firewood. As we we get closer to the prospecting mine we see what appears to be the fabled Bigfoot. Can it really be? Our cameras are rolling. It is making loud noises and moving its arms up and down shouting out to what appears to be a crew of gold-miners around him. We get closer and what appears to be Bigfoot is simply a man name Todd Hoffman yelling crazily at his crew of miners.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

I quote a chum as closely as i can recall: Gold Rush, where a group of unsupported adults with learning difficulties travel to Alaska to destroy pristine wilderness.

The man's an idiot - possibly a highly dangerous one.... but he's a gorgeous fat hairy car crash in a hard hat and i love him.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

That is hilarious, and oh so true!
Thanks for the laugh. All of my boys like to watch that show, as well as some of the other northern based shows.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

woodsmom
reply to post by skalla

That is hilarious, and oh so true!
Thanks for the laugh. All of my boys like to watch that show, as well as some of the other northern based shows.

Thank you, i was a tiny bit sozzled when i wrote it but i meant every word! The real stars of the show for me are Parker Schnable who is a remarkable young man for his sheer oomph, hard work and sense of responsibility, and Dakota Fred and his metal working skills - but Hoff is pure facepalming entertainment gold. I'm just glad i dont rely on him for a living as i'd probably have buried him in a ditch

There are a glut of "northern wilderness" type shows from your neck of the woods that have appeared on UK tv recently. The pick for me have been "Alaska, The Last Frontier" and "Mountain Men", which i have loved watching as they have shown traditional lifestyles and the North America we rarely hear about over here, and they haven't focussed on sensationalism. They cast a different light on things which is great as the "documentary" channels are often a load of old crud

edit on 3-11-2013 by skalla because: cant spell facepalm, how ironic

edit on 3-11-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Alaska the last frontier is my oldest sons favorite show. I have a feeling that all of the reality shows are exaggerated to some degree. I have to shake my head every time I hear them say that they will starve without a certain kill. The lifestyle is admirable and possible and people live like that up here. I know we try to provide as much as possible from the resources around us. I am also realistic about the fact that the ability to drive to the grocery store exists. It may be a longer drive to town for some of us than others, but the fuel for the excavator and the snow machines has to come from somewhere. I do like their set up down there though, I want a greenhouse like that.

Deadliest Catch is the other one that is a regular around here. It's always fun to see the boats in the harbor when we go out halibut fishing. It's also probably the least exaggerated one from up here that I know about, some things just can't be made up. We had a good family friend who was a crabber and his wife was an anxious mess the entire time he was gone every year. He did have a habit of handing out pounds of king crab for Christmas though.

I have to agree about Parker, he seems like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. I would
love to meet his grandpa, there are so few of the old timers around any more. Instead you see young adults running around as addicted to their phones as anywhere else. Old fashioned work ethic seems to be waning in recent years.

top topics

join