It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many dark blue helicopters w/ "United States of America" do we have?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
One just flew directly over my house minutes ago (9:40 a.m. EDT, exactly)--only 50-100 feet at most, above the tree tops--hauling bottom to the WNW.

It looked identical to this image I found on flicker.

Who rides on these sweet aircraft? The Veep?

I was just curious. It certainly isn't the 1st time I've had military craft fly over--I'm only 50 miles from D.C.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If I might make a suggestion, which is too late now...but means everything for the future? Get the number, if any. Any number you can see... That picture for instance? That has the tail number clearly visible. It also has writing below the side bay door. The writing is too small...but there are databases that list every aircraft, by registration, which the USG owns. The number would ID it.

From what I've seen in using them, they are fairly complete too. Plenty in from the Alphabet Soup agencies...to address any concerns about 'missing aircraft'. It only usually says agency ownership, but that's enough, eh?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Isnt it obvious that every aircraft that flies over any ATS members house is ALWAYS spying on them and deserves to have a thread started about it like the pilot of the craft is suppose to answer. It could one of hundreds of reasons as to why the helicopter was above your property as flight lines do exist above houses, but I`m sure absolutely none of those reasons have anything to do with you. Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

answer: too many!

but really, I was going to guess you saw a Border Patrol Special Field Operations chopper but the pic you linked to is very different. I thought id seen them all here on the US/Mex border.....hovering over my cultivation fields.....but never one of those! looks federal and official....

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

It's a UH-1N. There are 19 at Joint Base Andrews. They're used to evacuate the government in times of emergency. The rest in the Air Force inventory are used at ICBM fields.

They're in the process of trying to replace them. Current candidates are the UH-72, and UH-1Y.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, I wish I had been able to make it out. I had been listening to music when I heard the loud rotor-beat, and ran outside to take a look-see. It was moving too fast to catch anything but the "USofA" bit.

reply to post by StratosFear

I wasn't trying to say this sighting was about me, sheesh. I was just curious if any of the aircraft gurus on this sight had an approximate number of craft & who/how they are used.

If there is a designated place to ask this type of question in the future, would you point me to it? I'm not keen on cluttering this place with short-term threads. My apologies.

reply to post by IandEye

My 1st time seeing this particular helicopter in action. I love seeing craft fly over. I get to see the enormous cargo planes doing training flights every few weeks from the nearby ANG. They use our lake as landmark. It's crazy how slow those big planes can fly.

reply to post by Zaphod58

Coming from Andrews makes sense.
ETA:
I hope they were just relocationg this particulary helicopter, and they aren't shuttling high-ranking politicos out of town...

Thanks for your reply Zaphod.

edit on 10/28/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/28/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Olivine
One just flew directly over my house minutes ago (9:40 a.m. EDT, exactly)--only 50-100 feet at most, above the tree tops--hauling bottom to the WNW.

It looked identical to this image I found on flicker.

Who rides on these sweet aircraft? The Veep?

I was just curious. It certainly isn't the 1st time I've had military craft fly over--I'm only 50 miles from D.C.

We don't have enough. That is the most reliable chopper in the world. Unique find to see one decked out like that. Interested to see what turns up.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

ahh dc.

maybe some big wig needed a ride.
edit on 28-10-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

They fly all the time without moving shrine around. They're just keeping up their hours.

top topics

join