It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The United Kingdom About To Fall?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

‘If the ravens leave the Tower, the kingdom will fall…’

That is a prophecy that was given to King Charles II, taken the advice of the mysterious soothsayer King Charles decreed that there must always be six ravens at the Tower of London. These six Ravens became known as "The Guardians of the Tower". It is said that if the Ravens are ever lost or killed the Kingdom and the monarch will fall.

Well.....Check this out.....

An urban fox attacked and killed two ravens in the Tower of London where, according to superstition, there must be six of the birds or else the monarchy, the kingdom and the Tower itself will fall.
The unfortunate ravens, Jubilee and Grip, were snatched and eaten just before they were due to be locked up in their cages overnight.

L ink

Now , usually I wouldn't think a fox eating a bird was weird but what with this prophecy and the fact that the UK is about to be battered by the biggest storm in three decades, I thought it was worthy of a post.

AMBER EARLY WARNING of WIND for southern England, south Wales, the Midlands and Eastern England.

A very intense low pressure system is forecast to run across the country early on Monday, bringing the potential for an exceptionally windy spell of weather. At the same time, persistent, heavy rain could cause some surface water flooding.

There is the potential for gusts of 60-80 mph quite widely and locally over 80 mph.

There is some uncertainty in the timing, intensity and exact track of the low so keep up to date with the forecast.

Be prepared for the risk of falling trees as well as damage to buildings and other structures. Disruption to transport and power supplies is also possible.

www.bbc.co.uk...-uk-content

So what you think guys? Coincidence or dark omen?

ALS

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Co-incidence, Britain gets battered all the time, it is one of the most unstable climates in the world due to its location.

Britain has stood tall for centuries, and despite the current financial crisis and backwards government, it's people will continue to stand tall for centuries to come.

Let's put it this way, the storm of '87 (which was just being discussed in another thread) was a damn sight worse than this one will be...and we came through unscathed.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The Ravens at the Tower of London have their wings clipped to stop them flying off, but over the years many of them have disappeared and been replaced.....and the Kingdom hasn't fallen....yet.

As to the storm due on Monday....it's just an Autumn storm, it's only set to last a few hours, I'm sure we'll all still be here come Tuesday morning.
edit on 26/10/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Umm, I really hope it's just a stupid superstition.

I think most people would have heard of this folklore, but it can't be for real, can it?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Let's put it this way, the storm of '87 (which was just being discussed in another thread) was a damn sight worse than this one will be...and we came through unscathed.
reply to post by woogleuk

Ahhh but had any ravens died then? Hmmmmmm

As for battered all the time; in my 25 years I don't think I've ever seen a particularly bad storm. At least not one I remember. I would say our climate is one of the most stable.

Link

ALS

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

If they're so worried about having at least 6, why don't they stock it with 20?

Is there something in the prophecy that says they can't have MORE than 6?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Pesky foxes! Hopefully the storm will hit about 10pm tom night whilst Im on my 8th pint of Thatchers! Great pub weather

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

ALOSTSOUL

Now , usually I wouldn't think a fox eating a bird was weird but what with this prophecy and the fact that the UK is about to be battered by the biggest storm in three decades, I thought it was worthy of a post.

There have been fewer than 6 birds at the tower in the past.... nothing happened.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

They actually have 7....one spare.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

I couldn't tell you but I know the keep 7, six for show, one for reserve.

ALS

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
also got to remember our weather reporters are as much use as a chocolate fire guard,put out the warning but then you realize its totally inadequate.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

ALOSTSOUL
I would say our climate is one of the most stable.

I just nearly had a torrential downpour in my kegs!

Nearly every stream and weather system in the Northern hemisphere converges upon poor old Blighty!

One minute it is sunny, next raining, then it's hot but soon becomes cold....it's a bloody nightmare our climate!

Is the British weather unique in the world?

"Britain's unique weather is all down to the fact it is an island and where it's positioned on the planet, between the Atlantic Ocean and a large land mass, continental Europe," says Helen Chivers from the Met Office. "There is a lot going on meteorologically where we are."

Britain is under an area where five main air masses meet. An air mass is a large body of air that has similar temperature and moisture properties throughout.

In the UK they are either polar or tropical, depending on where the air mass originated; they are also divided into maritime or continental, depending on whether the air has passed over land or sea.

They come from all directions and can bring all types of weather.

When they meet it creates a weather front. The air masses fight it out and the one that wins dictates the weather. The bigger the difference the worse the weather can be. There is a sixth air mass, the returning Polar Maritime, which is a variation of the Polar Maritime.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

And lets face it we love it

Makes great land our weather does

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

As for battered all the time; in my 25 years I don't think I've ever seen a particularly bad storm. At least not one I remember. I would say our climate is one of the most stable.

26 years ago, we were hit by a BIG storm. Michael Fish, a very well respected weather presenter employed by the Met office, was made to look foolish.

I had not very long started in construction and to be sat in a tin hut, whilst the storm battered hell out of it, was umm rather worrying.

You will experience your first real storm tomorrow if the reports are anything to go by, enjoy!!
edit on 26/10/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

juniperberry

If they're so worried about having at least 6, why don't they stock it with 20?

According to the article linked in the original post (which no one appears to have read) they have more than 6 ravens just to be on the safe side.

Also, this happened a few months ago and ravens that were killed have already been replaced, the incident is only just being reported.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I highly doubt a storm such as this would cause the united kingdom to fall. The south are getting the worst of it and the further north you get the less warnings there are. I'm in manchester and its only a yellow warning, which will probably just turn out to be typical manchester weather.

Anyway, we survived the spice girls, we can survive this

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I bet the woman was well chuffed she was right

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

christmaspig
I highly doubt a storm such as this would cause the united kingdom to fall. The south are getting the worst of it and the further north you get the less warnings there are. I'm in manchester and its only a yellow warning, which will probably just turn out to be typical manchester weather.

Anyway, we survived the spice girls, we can survive this

Very much like a storm, not everyone survived the spice girls.

link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

According to the article linked in the original post (which no one appears to have read) they have more than 6 ravens just to be on the safe side.

I think you'll find that most people appear to have read the article as it's been mentioned a couple of times in earlier posts about having the "spare" raven.......did you read all the thread?

link   

First, any prophecy in Charles 2nd's time will have been about England, not the United Kingdom.
Secondly, they'll just get replaced, like the apes at Gibraltar (for the same reason).
Thirdly, it's a big stretch from trees falling over to politcal defeat.

edit on 26-10-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join