It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with uploading photos and pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Yes, I'm sorry this has been asked loads of times before, and trust me I have read lots but since the new format I cannot upload pictures from my pc to my ATS upload library.
When I click on the upload picture when making a post it just comes up a black box top centre.
When I try to upload a picture from my pc to my ATS library, I can click the upload cloud, browse, and then choose the picture from my PC but it does not upload. I managed it on the old ATS style but cant now.
Thank you in advance and please can an answer be so painfully easy to follow, I am not the greatest but can follow instructions!
Thank you in advance.
Mark

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

Did you try turning it off and on again?

...Sorry, I had to. Tech support is a joke these days. Anyway, did you click the arrow next to the cloud after you selected the files you wanted to upload?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I have had the same problem using Internet Explorer 8. Not sure what browser you are using... I used to hate it when people would say "Use Firefox or Chrome", because I wanted to try and fix the problem with IE. It seems like a Java issue to me...
My only solution has been to switch to Firefox. Works great!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Hasn't anyone told you? Internet Explorer is the Ford Model T of the internet. There's a reason people tell you to use Firefox or Chrome. IE sucks. I mean, really, really sucks.

By the way, I literally downloaded that image, uploaded it to ATS gallery, and copied and pasted the link in about fifteen seconds. Because I use Chrome.
edit on 26-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that. The reason I used it was that it was built-in. I had a PC repair business for 9 years, and I always followed the KISS method. I got out of it because I just plain got tired of being tech support for little old ladies having problems with their email. I guess it was just a challenge to try and make it work. You're right though, it just plain sucks.

edit on 26-10-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Thank you guys for your helpful comments. I will try my luck on an alternative browser.
Cheers!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Once you click select file, then you have to click the arrow pointing up right next to it to actually upload it

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Yep, that worked, thank you for the help, on Firefox as an alternative browser.

Now I can sit back and get ready for some fun....
Cheers ATS'ers.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

cool so it was your browser huh? Interesting, maybe the older browsers then just cant handle all the new stuff...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Yeah, was on IE, my missus keeps saying to change it, so I will admit on this occasion she was right! Don't tell her though!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

hahaha... I promise not to tell her! God knows you men have to feel manly!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Don't mind me I'm just trying to upload a video that isn't You tube.

edit on 1-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

join