It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sup ATS
I'm really looking at moving out of the US. I've been looking at jobs in the UK/EU and I've gotten a couple offers from companies over there, with pretty decent incentives to move.
I've never even left the country though, so I'm not exactly sure what my next step would be.
If I take the job I'm looking at they will pay for me to get out there, but housing food etc is all on me.
I have some money saved up, but I don't even know where to begin looking for housing, or transportation.
Figured there is a pretty large international community here, and someone can shed some light on this for me...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

It'll be expensive. Depends where in the EU you're going though. Can you be more specific?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Got a couple job offers from the UK, sorry I should've specified.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

rangerdanger
Got a couple job offers from the UK, sorry I should've specified.

Uk's good. Be ready to be taxed silly! Can you still go on base? Lakenheath or Mildenhall commisaries might be a good way to save money with shopping etc.

It's been a few years since I've been to the UK and since I don't know exactly where you'd be living I couldn't help. If it's London I could make a few calls but that'd be about it.
Plenty of UK folks here, though.

They could definitely help.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So far one offer in London, and the other in Manchester.
I like the UK, so that's a good option. I'm waiting to hear back from a place in Holland. I hear Amsterdam is pretty nice.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

rangerdanger
So far one offer in London, and the other in Manchester.
I like the UK, so that's a good option. I'm waiting to hear back from a place in Holland. I hear Amsterdam is pretty nice.

Good luck! I'm planning a move myself, close to a certain country (see the avi flag)

top topics

join