It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what has happened in NM?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Since this is my first started thread I apologize in advance if proper procedures haven't been followed but I just saw this and was wondering if anyone had any info on if this is a normal thing to occur or if something went down there on Wednesday?

deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com...

tfr.faa.gov...

If the airspace was closed for search and rescue, I would assume something manned went down?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Sammamishman
Since this is my first started thread I apologize in advance if proper procedures haven't been followed but I just saw this and was wondering if anyone had any info on if this is a normal thing to occur or if something went down there on Wednesday?

deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com...

tfr.faa.gov...

If the airspace was closed for search and rescue, I would assume something manned went down?

Curious...

Not a whole of information at this point, so it could be anything. Closing the airspace for a month does seem odd considering the article said that requesting that is unusual.

Definitely worth watching though.

BTW - I'd say you did just fine for your first thread...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Nice catch OP!

Seems unusual to me, but I will wait and see what our resident air and space experts have to say.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That blog has it wrong. The TFR isn't for an entire month. Just a few days, in fact! It says right there on the actual TFR page:

Beginning Date and Time : October 22, 2013 at 2200 UTC
Ending Date and Time : October 29, 2013 at 2200 UTC

On top of that, there are two private airports that fall under the TFR. Those owners are currently grounded. With some digging you could probably find out who owns those fields and give them a call. They might be able to shed some light on what is going on. Or tell you to piss off and leave them alone.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow! Very exciting! ...hope none is hurt......Can anyone google earth it or something? ...maybe it was a meteor? ...Good thread..flag for you on your first find!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Only two crashes show at the NTSB summary listings for New Mexico.

Albuquerque, NM CAMERON N105 - NO SERIES N4113T CEN14LA005 Nonfatal Part 91: General Aviation

and a Balloon

Rio Rancho, NM CAMERON BALLOONS US V 77 N9528A CEN14LA007 Nonfatal Part 91: General Aviation
NTSB Summary Crash Reports - Oct 2013

Hmmm.... Maybe something entirely different?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Yes, I noticed (after I started the thread) that the GPS coordinates on the blog also don't match the map on the FAA TFR report.
Not sure what to make of that.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sounds like it might be an investigation in to drug smuggling.
Local airports, 1 week shutdown
Sounds about right.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Interesting, does the NTSB usually include military crashes in its public record reports?
I would think that if it was something the military didn’t want seen, the NTSB wouldn’t be involved?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

I'm not sure. That isn't a list I'm familiar with to check regularly and I pulled it up for this thread. Now that I found it though, I'm going to tinker at some point and see if I can't take the data off that feed for my own stuff.

It would be nice if they showed Military but would that be NTSB outside special request?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
To begin with, the TFR mentioned in the blog post (NOTAM number: FTC 3/9977 issued by Albuquerque Center - ZAB) and the TFR linked in the OP (NOTAM number: FTC 3/0069 issued by Denver Center - ZDV) are two completely different notices.

Additionally, NOTAM FTC 3/9977 no longer appears in the FAA's list of current NOTAMs. This would mean that it has either been rescended or expired. Since it was originally posted for a period of 30 days, we can safely assume that it has been lifted no doubt due to the end of the search/exercise which it was designed to protect.

NOTAM number FTC 3/0069 is still in effect but is a long distance (approx. 2 degrees of both longitude and latitude) from the site of FTC 3/9977.

Such NOTAMs are routinely issued in conjunction with a search and rescue operation (i.e. lost hikers etc.) whenever helicopter operations are contemplated to protect the helo pilots from potential VFR "looky-loos".

Interesting but not too unusual. However a very nice find for a first post OP. Flag for you!
edit on 25-10-2013 by Tholidor because: Added the originating ARTCC for each NOTAM

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Thanks for the info, and thanks for the flag.

I did notice the difference between the blog TFR and the FAA TFR after I started the thread but wasn't sure how to edit it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

I was able to find the original TFR on the FAA site but it has been archived, so I'm assuming it was lifted not too long after it was issued?
webcache.googleusercontent.com...:tfr.faa.gov...
It states that the Air force search and rescue was the point of contact. Does the Air force usually get involved for a lost hiker search and rescue?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I lived on White Sands Missile Range for 18 long....... arduous....... and torturous..... months. It's a hell hole of a place to live.

Any hoo

So much secret weapons testing goes on there it could be any number of things. Most likely an accident with something launched at WSMR. The air space over WSMR is always restricted for a number of miles in all directions. So if something misfired and landed where it shouldn't, especially in a remote area, it would not be surprising if the airspace around that were closed too.

Knowing WSMR, I seriously doubt anything ET related happened, or manned. Something futuristic, probably, but we'll never know. Something "they" want to retrieve before "the wrong people" find it, most probably. Something we should be concerned about conspiracy wise?, most likely not.

edit on 25-10-2013 by grandmakdw because: clarify

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There was an aircraft down recently. Sorry, can't give details, but it happened the other day. Not drug smuggling, not WSMR either. It was out of a different base.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This one won't show up. It's been very effectively kept quiet.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Good idea, but not drugs this time. It was an accident.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Military accidents can be found out through various sources. However, this one will fall under the exception, and you won't find out anything about it.

Sorry to be so mysterious, but I really can't give more details about it. I was kind of hoping someone would find out about it, because I didn't want to start a thread without more details.
edit on 10/26/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Military accidents can be found out through various sources. However, this one will fall under the exception, and you won't find out anything about it.

Sorry to be so mysterious, but I really can't give more details about it. I was kind of hoping someone would find out about it, because I didn't want to start a thread without more details.
edit on 10/26/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

Uggh. I can only imagine that other agencies will get involved, if they are not already.
OP...check out the hazmat angle, White Sands is SuperCrazy for Hazmat.
Check out any story that parallels...because you WON"T find ANYTHING about the plane.
Google some obscure terms...like, "hazmat vehicle spotted near..." etc....or "look, it's hazmat..."
Think in this way...you may get farther in your quest.
If Zaphod sez that you won't find it...you won't find it...nuff said??
"strange sightings in New Mexico..."
Meh...let me see what I can do...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe this will help...maybe not...I dunno,

www.nuforc.org...

smg.photobucket.com...

www.kpho.com...

Incoming celestial object - Page 43 - Godlike Productions

www.dailyjournal.net...

Candle Light Vigil Honoring SPC Alverez and PFC Hostetter:
www.facebook.com...
"Range Control Has two Blocks affecting area highways for the following days:

Monday the 21 Oct 2013, Highway 70 is scheduled to be blocked at 11:10am for approx. 1 hour and should be lifted at 12:10pm. This block will be located at Red Block (top of ST. Augustin Pass) and Yellow Block (White Sands National Monument). LC Gate and Owen Road will also be affected.

Tuesday the 22 Oct 2013, Highway 380 is scheduled to be blocked at 9:15am
For 2 hours and should be lifted by 11:15am. This block will affect Hwy 380 in the northern portion of the range at Gold block (mile marker 3) and Silver
block (mile marker 49).

Be advised and aware all blocks are subject to change without notice. Should these time change this office will provide additional information as
needed."

Hope this gets you further.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join