It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran may be month from a bomb

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit, it reminds me of the Roman Legions. When they could bring their fighting formations into play they always won. When they had to go into the mountains they lost and lost badly.

That will be Iran for the US. The moment you have Iranian troops moving through the mountains with everything from Shoulder launched sams to the latest from Russia, it is a new ball game. To suggest that Iran does not have the latest from Russia in surface to air, well, officially they don't.

Iran does seem to be able to copy if not the tech, then the ideas.

I think eventually, the US will have a go. They should win eventually. The losses will be extreme and every other powder keg will ignite at the same time. North Korea, Lebanon, you name it, if it is possible it will happen.

That is WW3, just waiting for a some idiot to light a match.

P

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Personally, I think the Sunni/Shia Islamic division plays a key TPTB's plans to help bring us down. IMO it's pretty obvious that Obama is sympathetic to the Sunni side of the divide, and look who's on the other side - Iran, Syria who are both clients of Russia and China. Honestly, Israel doesn't matter anymore because Obama is pretty determined to bring down regime after regime for Sunni interests if he can which is what the current flap in Syria seems to be all about. And if things go just a little too far, we run smack into Iran and Russia.

Bingo! WWIII and the end of the US which is perfect for the TPTB.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

beckybecky

andy06shake

Ah the sheer hypocrisy of it all! Iran cant have the bomb because there considered a wild card while its ok for the rest of us supposedly morally enlightened first world nations to possess such a device.

look you need to get straightened out.they don't value life the way we do

in america we value life.the 9/11 attack proved it.we had 24/7 coverage for many moths.we erected mouments.we etched their names in monuments and in out minds.we raised billions.

arabs dont value at all.

arabs just want to kill and blowup random people up to get 72 virgins in their mythical paradise because they are so sex starved with their 24/7 burka clad women.

they even wear burka in bed.any wonder their shieks come to america to get proper sex with proper sexually advanced women.

we need to invade iran.we have thousands of tanks in irak and men sitting around doing nothing.why we paying them to sit around?

i say cry havoc and unleash the dogs of war and destroy all terrorists.

##SNIPPED## The majority of people living in Iran are not Arabs. They are Persians. Americans do not value life. That is why they allow their government to attack country after country, committing war crime after war crime. You don't even realize that you have given proof of the method of your brainwashing in your second sentence. There is a reason why the images of 9-11 were shown over and over again. How is it that 19 Arabs (not Iranians) with box cutters can successfully hijack planes and fly them into buildings when the NSA has been monitoring all communications within and into and out of the US since the 1970s? ##SNIPPED##
edit on Sat Oct 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
You will all know right before Iran has a nuke.Israel will attack them then I think.And any other country that attacks them after Iran strike.They can easily destroy all the Arab countries with their nuke arsenal and many biblical prophecy students(me)believe that a short,limited nuclear exchange somewhere is a strong possibility.Leading candidates are Arabs/Israel,India and Pakistan,N.Korea.I hope that I'm wrong...

(post by beckybecky removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

arabs/iran are all the same.who cares. they are all the same.

Hmm... I have to say, that is quite a statement and one I rarely hear said outside of some outburst from someone too angry or otherwise emotional to think about their words carefully. It happens... It's not something I see expressed often though.

Obviously, to say I personally disagree is so far into understatement territory, it doesn't bear much beyond that.

Heck, it's ATS though and so opinions are going to vary to all extremes, eh? You've certainly covered one of them and I will say I appreciate your candor. It does help me understand your position and thought process behind it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I agree entirely about the Iranians and the fact they are a clever bunch. They're also as educated and literate a population as any in the world, generally speaking (we have to leave off Bedouins and such...but they'd be just as happy being left off anything, anyway) . In fact, I really think Iran has very little in common with a number of the nations around it, while, in other ways? They have so much in common. It's an odd sort of balance which has developed over time there, isn't it?

I also agree on outcomes. Ultimate outcomes. If we went to war with Iran or North Korea, we'll win. There is no question about that in any way, whatsoever. Iran is big and they have much ..but they aren't 300+ million with the industrial base or potential base to spin BACK up if called upon, that we do.

Having said that? I think by the time we "won", Iran would have insured we lost so much both there and on our own soil, we came to wish we never ..ever..HEARD of a place called Iran or a people once called Persians.

Frankly, by the end, I think we'd feel a bit like Sparta. Winning is a technical matter at a certain point, for how much is lost to get there. Eh?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I agree entirely about the Iranians and the fact they are a clever bunch. They're also as educated and literate a population as any in the world, generally speaking (we have to leave off Bedouins and such...but they'd be just as happy being left off anything, anyway) . In fact, I really think Iran has very little in common with a number of the nations around it, while, in other ways? They have so much in common. It's an odd sort of balance which has developed over time there, isn't it?

I also agree on outcomes. Ultimate outcomes. If we went to war with Iran or North Korea, we'll win. There is no question about that in any way, whatsoever. Iran is big and they have much ..but they aren't 300+ million with the industrial base or potential base to spin BACK up if called upon, that we do.

Having said that? I think by the time we "won", Iran would have insured we lost so much both there and on our own soil, we came to wish we never ..ever..HEARD of a place called Iran or a people once called Persians.

Frankly, by the end, I think we'd feel a bit like Sparta. Winning is a technical matter at a certain point, for how much is lost to get there. Eh?

Clever bunch my foot.

what have iranians ever invented? peanut butter? that's a recipe by the way.

SCIMITERS? JUST A BIT OF METAL.

its all stolen tech from america.

ever seen a label made in iran? NOPE

ever seen a label invented in iran? NOPE

ever seen a nobel prize winner from iran? NOPE

no no no

iran are over rated.

even their DASTARDLY PLOT USING centrifuges to make bombs were destroyed by america

BY A CLEVER AMERICAN MAN SITTING IN A CHAIR 10000 MILES AWAY USING STUXNET WORMS.

SEE?
WE ARE CLEVER SMART.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

using internet to let oneself go ???
edit on 26-10-2013 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Clever bunch my foot.

what have iranians ever invented? peanut butter? that's a recipe by the way.

There is a saying about remaining silent to leave people to their assumptions about things...vs speaking to remove absolutely all remaining doubt. I think you may have wanted to hold that thought and actually do a little research before making such an absurd statement.

I don't have to quote my College history for this. I learned a fair part of it in grade school levels. However, since you asked what the Iranians/Persians have contributed, let me share just how the world is a different place ..due entirely to the people in a land once called Persia.

1. The first human civilization - - The Persian Civilization (==Eilam); It was ahead of Egypt by 500 years, of India, by 1,000 years, and of China, by 2,000 years, of Greece by 3,000 years, and of Rome, by 4,000 years! According to Professor Arthur A. Pope, the famous Orientalist (A.H. Saidian, Iran: Land and the people, Tehran 2001 P. 358).

4. Insurance by Government was started during Cyrus the Great of Persia. (Gardeshgari, Iran, March 2000).

5. Weight, Money and Measurements were standardized in Persia, for the first time, some 2, 500 years ago (Gardeshgari, March 2000)

6. Sanskrit, which is the mother of all modern languages, was born in Iran, before it went to India (Gardeshgari, Aug. 2001).

7. The Stone Age, which dates back some 70, 000 years ago, was started in Iran, the cradle of the earliest human civilization! (Gardeshgari, July 2000).

8. In Iran today, there are 1.2 million historical sites, discovered so far, with some 70,000 historical moulds (Gardeshgari, July 2000).

9. The first accounting tools were found in Iran, belonging to 9,000 years ago. (Gardeshgari, March 2000).
Source

The list at that source goes on for a good bit more. The Persian Culture has been among those that most directly shaped the course of Human History on this planet, as our own history and work is confirming by direct observation of ruins and artifacts as well as records and accounts of history from those who lived it, so long ago.

Here are a few more from a different source...

(Source)

I'll bet many believe some of that was Western invention...not the Iranian people. It really is accurate to say that too, and like few other people in the world. Unlike most, Iran does have an unbroken, direct and very clear line of heritage from the origins of the earliest form of Persia to today's Islamic Republic of Iran.

So, talking them down as if they were struggling children, learning to make their way in the world ...doesn't really hurt them any. It can, at times, speak volumes about the person offering that position, though.
edit on 26-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

www.atheistrev.com...
everybody must get stoned

Read more: www.atheistrev.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

beckybecky

Adaluncatif

beckybecky

andy06shake

Ah the sheer hypocrisy of it all! Iran cant have the bomb because there considered a wild card while its ok for the rest of us supposedly morally enlightened first world nations to possess such a device.

look you need to get straightened out.they don't value life the way we do

in america we value life.the 9/11 attack proved it.we had 24/7 coverage for many moths.we erected mouments.we etched their names in monuments and in out minds.we raised billions.

arabs dont value at all.

arabs just want to kill and blowup random people up to get 72 virgins in their mythical paradise because they are so sex starved with their 24/7 burka clad women.

they even wear burka in bed.any wonder their shieks come to america to get proper sex with proper sexually advanced women.

we need to invade iran.we have thousands of tanks in irak and men sitting around doing nothing.why we paying them to sit around?

i say cry havoc and unleash the dogs of war and destroy all terrorists.

You have no idea how stupid you are. Why are you talking about Arabs? The majority of people living in Iran are not Arabs. They are Persians. Americans do not value life. That is why they allow their government to attack country after country, committing war crime after war crime. You don't even realize that you have given proof of the method of your brainwashing in your second sentence. There is a reason why the images of 9-11 were shown over and over again. How is it that 19 Arabs (not Iranians) with box cutters can successfully hijack planes and fly them into buildings
when the NSA has been monitoring all communications within and into and out of the US since the 1970s? If you want to destroy all terrorists, you should start with yourself.

arabs/iran are all the same.who cares. they are all the same.

they are mosloms.they hate us

they despise us.they loathe us.

they want to kill us.

they want to destroy us.

they want to blow us up.

they want to behead us.remember shria law means beheading of all non mosloms.

we must stand up for western civilsation.we must ATTACK THEM before THEY ATTACK US.

remember their sexual deprivation drives them to desperate acts.no women to have sex with.they crave 72 virgins day and night.

MURICA at its best.
You are scum of the earth and would probably be at your best as a Kampfmeister in some awful gulag. Beyond repair your soul is - I hope not, but fear so.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

what have iranians ever invented?

(6000 BC) - The modern brick
(~5000 BC) - Invention of Wine.
(5000 BC) - Invention of Tar (lute), that led to the development of the guitar.
(2000 BC) - Peaches are a fruit of Iranian origin Tulips were first cultivated in ancient Persia.
(1700 BC) - The windmill
(1400 BC) - The game of Backgammon appears in the east of Iran
(521 BC) - The game Polo
(500 BC) World's oldest Staple (fastener)
(500 BC) The first Taxation system (bad invention)
(500 BC) The first courier post
(500 BC) - Source for introduction of the domesticated chicken into Europe
(500 BC) - First cultivation of spinach An ancient ice house, called a yakhchal, built in ancient times for storing ice during summers. Spoon crafted in 550BC
(400 BC) - Yakhchals , ancient refrigerators
(400 BC) - Ice Cream
(250 BC) - According to archaeological digs, the Parthians created the world's first batteries
(250 BC) Original excavation of a Suez Canal
(271 AD) - The teaching hospital
(700 AD) - The Cookie
(864 AD-930 AD) - First systematic use of alcohol in Medicine
(1000 AD) - Introduction of paper to the west
(980 - 1037) - Avicenna, a physician, writes The Canon of Medicine one of the foundational manuals in the history of modern medicine
(1207 AD - 1273 AD) - Rumi writes poetry and in 1997, the translations were best-sellers in the United States.
Algebra and Trigonometry: Numerous Iranians were directly responsible for the establishment of Algebra, the advancement of Medicine and Chemistry, and the discovery of Trigonometry

Looks like they invented quite a bit.

its all stolen tech from America

I think you have Iran mixed up with another country that starts with an I that steals our tech.

ever seen a nobel prize winner from iran

Shirin Ebadi won the Nobel Peace prize in 2003.

even their DASTARDLY PLOT USING centrifuges to make bombs were destroyed by America

The centrifuges were not destroyed just malfunctioned. And centrifuges do not make bombs it just enriches uranium.

Here's a little fact I bet you didn't know. Guess who gave Iran it's first centrifuge? If you said America then you are right. And did you know America is breaking the NPT by not helping Iran develop nuclear energy for peaceful purposes?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Your mouth-foaming ignorance is astounding.

Read a few books on history, both ancient and modern; and try meeting a few more diverse folk.

And wipe off that froth from around your lips as it's really not a good look

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

buster2010

what have iranians ever invented?

(6000 BC) - The modern brick
(~5000 BC) - Invention of Wine.
(5000 BC) - Invention of Tar (lute), that led to the development of the guitar.
(2000 BC) - Peaches are a fruit of Iranian origin Tulips were first cultivated in ancient Persia.
(1700 BC) - The windmill
(1400 BC) - The game of Backgammon appears in the east of Iran
(521 BC) - The game Polo
(500 BC) World's oldest Staple (fastener)
(500 BC) The first Taxation system (bad invention)
(500 BC) The first courier post
(500 BC) - Source for introduction of the domesticated chicken into Europe
(500 BC) - First cultivation of spinach An ancient ice house, called a yakhchal, built in ancient times for storing ice during summers. Spoon crafted in 550BC
(400 BC) - Yakhchals , ancient refrigerators
(400 BC) - Ice Cream
(250 BC) - According to archaeological digs, the Parthians created the world's first batteries
(250 BC) Original excavation of a Suez Canal
(271 AD) - The teaching hospital
(700 AD) - The Cookie
(864 AD-930 AD) - First systematic use of alcohol in Medicine
(1000 AD) - Introduction of paper to the west
(980 - 1037) - Avicenna, a physician, writes The Canon of Medicine one of the foundational manuals in the history of modern medicine
(1207 AD - 1273 AD) - Rumi writes poetry and in 1997, the translations were best-sellers in the United States.
Algebra and Trigonometry: Numerous Iranians were directly responsible for the establishment of Algebra, the advancement of Medicine and Chemistry, and the discovery of Trigonometry

Looks like they invented quite a bit.

its all stolen tech from America

even their DASTARDLY PLOT USING centrifuges to make bombs were destroyed by America

The centrifuges were not destroyed just malfunctioned. And centrifuges do not make bombs it just enriches uranium.

Here's a little fact I bet you didn't know. Guess who gave Iran it's first centrifuge? If you said America then you are right. And did you know America is breaking the NPT by not helping Iran develop nuclear energy for peaceful purposes?

you call those inventions?

seriously?

THEY ARE OLD.

PREHISTORIC.

what did iran invent in the last 20 years.tell us.

see you cannot.

resting on past glories don't impress me.reminds me of the hare and the tortoise in this case the tortoise went to sleep 10 yards into the race.

THE PRIMARY INVENTORS ARE AMERICA AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

I CAN PROVE IT.

I read GIZMAG everyday and i american inventions.

GIZMAG MAKES ME PROUD.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I don't know what to say.

Your post deserves some recognition. Either it is one of the worst posts in history or you have simply shown the extreme depth of knowledge you may not have. Gizmag is your bible. Seriously.

Iran may just surprise the crap out of you but I will remember this post. It will come back to haunt you.

You need to realize that the US wins in certain types of combat, all modern 1st rate forces do. But when the terrain is mountainous it is a whole new game. There Iran sits and North Korea as well. Both have the advantage of terrain and that is why the US will not go in. They want proxies to do all the dying for them.

What I would usually do here is ask why the mighty US has not won in Afghanistan but I am sure your answer would be because they have not nuked them. The real problem for the US is that they have not fought a just war in a very long time and the people are not behind them. Losses in Iran would be devastating. It is all about terrain.

P

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

They've been a hare (sorry wrabbit couldn't turn down a pun) away from getting "the bomb" for over a decade now.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

you call those inventions? seriously? THEY ARE OLD. PREHISTORIC.

What do you call an invention? So what if they are old most are still in use to this day.

what did iran invent in the last 20 years.tell us.

Iranian surgeons treating wounded Iranian veterans during Iran–Iraq War invented a new neurosurgical treatment for brain injured patients that laid to rest the previously prevalent technique developed by US Army surgeon Dr Ralph Munslow. This new surgical procedure helped devise new guidelines that have decreased death rates for comatosed patients with penetrating brain injuries from 55% of 1980 to 20% of 2010. It has been said that these new treatment guidelines benefited US congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords who had been shot in the head

see you cannot.

Uhmm yeah I did.

I read GIZMAG everyday and i american inventions.

Are these printed in crayon with cartoon pictures?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

What I would usually do here is ask why the mighty US has not won in Afghanistan but I am sure your answer would be because they have not nuked them.

Big Pharma doesn't want the war in Afghanistan to end at least not until the Taliban is gone. The Taliban kept burning the poppy fields.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Don't bother doing peoples homework. Every person on Earth should be able to Google by now. To say that one country cannot invent anything recent and claiming that America is the primary inventor while the whole of American space dominance is based on German engineering and thoughts is funny enough. School must be out for awhile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join