It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 13, was shot seven times by Sonoma County deputy, report finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Eta: the us military has stricter ROE when dealing with enemy populations than the average police officer dealing with American citizens.

Very good point.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

CONTINUED II:
As to the actual training of these many local police forces and sheriffs departments we can look to the efforts and influences of the umbrella cult, the Masonic Lodge known as "B'nai B'rith," and their true relationship to the ADL, as well as to the SPLC. These three corrupt Zionist organizations all work together in their efforts militarize the police in the United States and to eventually destroy freedom in America. They have adopted the tactics of the IFD through the auspices of the Mossad - using their training manuals and films in the indoctrination process. This all takes place under the subversive guidance of Mark Potok of the The Southern Poverty Law Center (like B'nai B'rith), and of Abe Foxman, of the Anti Defamation League (ADL), who in turn inform the Department of Homeland Security of all activities and of how to go about implementing strategies.

Those supposedly benign organizations had started out under false pretenses; using the false premises of aid and assistance to disenfranchised (black) voters in the South, the poor; the African American community generally; the down trodden; so-called 'hate crimes' of every sort particularly against gays; the victims of discrimination and hate of every stripe - they invented the very notion of "Hate Crime;" discrimination against holocaust victims etc., the whole nine yards - they had all bases covered. Then, in a very short time they morphed themselves into the very opposite of what they had originally portrayed themselves to have been, and this is all part of their devious plan. I have studied all of these groups for the past forty or so years - pure unadulterated evil.

edit on 25-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Your link is a risky site red by my McAfee adviser.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Wide-Eyes
reply to post by dellmonty

I do genuinely think he feels bad. We're all human and I prefer to have faith in humanity over distrust. Sorry if that upsets you. My glass is half full...

Have you ever heard of an SS trooper 'feeling sad' after have just shot 30 prisoners lined up on their knees - hands tied behind their backs - in front of an open trench? Remorse isn't an emotion that's allowed - read their training manuals! Besides that - if she had the capacity for remorse within her she wouldn't have filled the poor kid with so many bullet-holes - designed to KILL! Psychopathic killers (even learned ones) don't have consciences.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

benrl
Eta: the us military has stricter ROE when dealing with enemy populations than the average police officer dealing with American citizens.

Hola,

The short but sweet version of that I believe lies in the definition of "The State".
The government (by ACTUAL definition based on history) claims sanction to slaughter it's OWN citizens. It's usually worded as "the right to use force upon it's citizens" but that's cheap thinly veiled wordplay.
(If you look up the actual LEGAL definitions you'll find that "people" and "citizens" are fundamentally different. A natural person is not subject to laws and in fact has the moral and legal obligation to oppose any unjust law whereas a "citizen" is the property of the state from birth.)
This is why the US military can't officially fire upon the "citizens" of ANOTHER country without being fired upon first but the police or military on the home field can shoot it's own populations indescriminantly.
It's rude to slaughter another tax farmers herd. They can cull their OWN herds at will but must be extermely careful when mucking about in another man's yard.
At least such is my understanding.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

nighthawk1954
reply to post by XTexan

Your link is a risky site red by my McAfee adviser.

Mcafee site advisor is just like Mcafee anti-virus. Not to be trusted. It's junkware, just like Norton. But that's just my opinion as a technician.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If you're shooting to eliminate an imminent threat (momentarily disregarding the fact we're discussing a 13 year old boy), shouldn't the first bullet be aimed at the head? Eliminating the necessity for six more bullets?
edit on 25-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

FOR THE SAKE OF CONTINUITY:

Army Halts Program That Labeled Christians Radical Extremists
Briefings characterized conservatives as terror threat
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 25, 2013

This should actually have a thread of its own but the topic has been delved into in some detail here by your's truly, so for continuities sake:

ALL (not part) of the information and ALL of the paid/bribed infiltrators presenting same to our troops comes from the filthy mouths of such as Mark Potok - Zionist (...) who's primary objective as head of the SPLC is to have Christianity defined as a "hate crime" in America and the world - they do not stop here with their agenda. Its people such a 'that' - and let's not forget Abe Foxman of the ADL - its persons such as these who have promoted, and bribed off many senators and legislators so to institute the new legal category of "Hate Crime," especially here in America, which on its very face, is inimical to the first amendment in particular, and to freedom of speech in general. Obambatroids think its just fine and dandy of course.

Opening para's:

The Secretary of the Army has halted training programs that characterize conservatives as radical extremists in light of numerous media reports which highlighted how recruits were being taught that Christians were to be considered “domestic hate groups.”

Image: Wikimedia Commons
“On several occasions over the past few months, media accounts have highlighted instances of Army instructors supplementing programs of instruction and including information or material that is inaccurate, objectionable and otherwise inconsistent with current Army policy,” Army Sec. John McHugh wrote to military leaders in a memorandum obtained by Fox News’ Todd Starnes.
McHugh has “directed that Army leaders cease all briefings, command presentations or training on the subject of extremist organizations or activities until that program of instruction and training has been created and disseminated.”
As we reported yesterday, Fort Hood soldiers were told that Christians, Tea Party supporters and anti-abortion activists were a radical terror threat, enemies of America, and that anyone found to be supporting these groups would be subject to discipline under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Addendum: Army: AFA Christian 'Hate Group'

The war on religious liberty continues. FRC reports that “a recent briefing to Army soldiers at Camp Shelby in Mississippi featured and endorsed dangerous and false left-wing anti-Christian propaganda.” Not only were “troops … explicitly led to believe that the American Family Association (AFA) – a Christian ministry – was a 'hate group' which soldiers should avoid at all costs,” but officials presenting the report claimed, FALSELY, that the AFA was affiliated with Westboro Baptist Church Rev. Fred Phelps. Imagine the outcry if Muslims were chastised instead. Then officials would feel the need to “do something” about it.

All this nonsense comes out of the SPLC via that supreme 'hater' Mark Potok who needs to be examined by someone who is certifiably sane, Dr Krauthammer might be qualified. Any group that doesn't meet Potok's approval is a hate group, and that especially applies to Christians or anyone else who doesn't agree with his views.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

benrl
reply to post by XionZap

I'd lay the blame at the feet of the Reagan's and their war on minori... I mean drugs, war on drugs.

Generations lost to jail, kids killed in the street, all for prohibition a concept we learned in the early 1900's only breed violence.

GHW Bush- the guy who ran the CIA (read: "international drug cartel"), personally took over the lucrative powder-trade of 1970's Florida and was buddy buddy with coc aine-spewing Noriega (among other things)
while the Reagans put on their "war on drugs".

did the government always work this way or am I just becoming cynical?

Being quite familiar with Sonoma, I am not surprised this happened. there isn't a police dept in Sonoma proper any more and the sheriffs are stretched out all over the county. They're pretty notorious amongst the locals. This kids family must be outraged beyond belief. why not a taser? hanguns are next to illegal in California- why does a cop need such over-the-top force for a basically disarmed population?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Partial quote from IandEye

... /// why does a cop need such over-the-top force for a basically disarmed population?

Does anyone here actually read my posts? There are 4 posts here - given in four parts so as not to 'overwhelm' - that all go into great detail giving the reasons why and you insist on asking the question. Talk about "falling on deaf ears!" I think I give up on you guys as of now.......sheeeeeeesh.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

In the case I mentioned of my friends brother, killed while cuffed.

I got the account that night from him, brother was picked up by friends at his house, he didn't know they stole the car as his friend wanted to show him his "new car."

60 feet from the house they where pulled over, my friends brother was hand cuffed on the ground and shot in the neck, his leg and arms where broken, and he was allowed to bleed out slowly infront of his mother as it was right in front of there house.

The story became gang members have police chase refuse to pull over and have shoot out with the cops . Which I guess 60 ft counts as refusal to pull over.

The neighbor hood was invaded by pd who started by rounding up witness and threating arrest, they also wouldn't let the crowd leave as they canvases for cell phones, a female witness in the SUV managed to flee as they where beating the cuffed brother of my friend, she ran when they shot him in the neck.

The pd proceeded to harass the mother, trying to threaten her with deportation (she's legal so she laughed at that) the harassment got to the point where her land lord was forced to kick her our.

The narrative they spun was so questionable riots happened in Anaheim. The blue wall was quick to try and crush the protest, they opened fire with tear gass and rubber bullets on a peaceful demonstration.

I have friends who watched the cops blow out a Starbucks window and use that as an excuse to start attacking the protesters.

Anheim police chief came out and said they are there to protect property not the people, the whole thing showed me what the police are capable if.

As long as the blue wall that protects bad cops exist ... Well..

F-the police .

edit on 25-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Already a very active and passionate thread on this here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

7 bullets? Yep, he feels genuinely bad all 7 times.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

I think that maybe we have so many cops that shoot first because they are fear for their life is because they joined the force because they got picked on and beat up when they were younger and now want to have power over people. But they are still the same scared little boys that they were. .always will be. Then you have officers that know that they could get shot at in the line od duty but still do things the right way and try not to shoot first, they use real judgement and arent out there to show power over others.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

JHumm
reply to post by XTexan

I think that maybe we have so many cops that shoot first because they are fear for their life is because they joined the force because they got picked on and beat up when they were younger and now want to have power over people. But they are still the same scared little boys that they were. .always will be. Then you have officers that know that they could get shot at in the line od duty but still do things the right way and try not to shoot first, they use real judgement and arent out there to show power over others.

people who seek out power and authority often times are those who deserve neither.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

GoldenVoyager
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

7 bullets? Yep, he feels genuinely bad all 7 times.

Actually it was eight, its just that one missed...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
California kid shooting: 13yo with replica assault rifle was shot 7 times in 10 seconds

RT Is the best unbiased news channel in the business, therefore you will be reading from a far more credible source than anything you'll find on western MSM..........October 25, 2013

Opening paragraphs:

The shooting death of a 13-year-old California boy believed to be carrying an assault rifle unfolded in no more than 10 seconds, police said. Andy Lopez Cruz, who was later found to be carrying a plastic replica, was struck by seven bullets. In that time, a total of eight rounds were fired by one of the two sheriff’s deputies who confronted the teen, with two of the wounds – one in the right side of his chest and the second in his right hip – proving fatal.
Lt. Paul Henry, of the Santa Rosa Police Department, told the San Francisco Chronicle that Cruz was also shot in his right wrist, left biceps, right forearm, right buttocks and right hip.

It took another 16 seconds for the deputies to call for medical assistance, according to a timeline of events released by police investigating the fatal shooting in Santa Rosa on Tuesday, Reuters reports.
At approximately 3pm Tuesday, a 24-year-old deputy of the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office and a rookie deputy he was training spotted Andy, donning a blue hoodie and shorts, walking on Moorland Avenue with what they believed was an assault rifle in his left hand. Police say the deputies – who have not yet been officially identified – got out of their squad car and took cover behind the open doors. The senior deputy twice shouted, “Put the gun down,” before Cruz turned to his right, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Police said the boy ignored two calls to put down the weapon, instead turning toward the senior deputy with the rifle barrel “rising up and turning in his direction.” The deputy is then said to have opened fire out of fear for his life, being unable to tell whether his target was a child from where he was standing. The eighth grader died at the scene. A toy handgun was also was found tucked in his pants. The rookie deputy, who was hired last month, did not fire any shots, the Chronicle cites Assistant Sheriff Lorenzo Duenas as saying. That deputy had served 11 years with another police agency, said Duenas, who declined to identify that agency.

Four seconds after the shooting, the two officers radioed for assistance from other deputies. Another six seconds elapsed before they notified dispatchers that shots had been fired. Police had previously said the deputies called for backup the moment they noticed what appeared to be a military-style rifle. The officers involved in the shooting have both been placed on administrative leave, in accordance in usual procedure in such cases. The incident is being investigated by the Santa Rosa Police Department and other law enforcement agencies.

The shooting has sparked outrage in the community and beyond, with Andy’s family and friends accusing the deputy who opened fire of overreacting to a situation which did not require the use of deadly force.The death has prompted calls in Santa Rosa for the creation of civilian review boards to examine such incidents. “People have to do something,” Elbert Howard, a founding member of the Police Accountability Clinic and Helpline of Sonoma County, told Reuters. “He’s a child, and he had a toy. I see that as an overreaction to shoot him down.” An advisory panel of the US Civil Rights Commission urged Sonoma County to create civilian-review boards in 2000 in the wake of eight fatal officer-involved shootings in less than three years. The panel’s recommendation, however, was disregarded.

Up to 200 mourners gathered Thursday around a makeshift memorial consisting of flowers, balloons, teddy bears and pictures of the boy at the site of the shooting. Some held candles and signs that said: “What a tragedy, what a travesty.” Friends and family have described Cruz as personable and well-liked in the neighborhood.

Residents say the diverse neighborhood does not have a particularly high rate of crime, with people feeling safe allowing their children to play in the streets. “A lot of people say this is not a great neighborhood, but we’ve never had any problems,” Sam Hin, a mother who works in human resources at a skilled nursing facility, told the Press Democrat. “It’s our home. It’s what we’re used to.” But Shannon Peavler, an in-home support provider whose mother lives on Moorland Avenue, told the daily deputies “come into the neighborhood thinking it’s a bad neighborhood, so they treat people that way.”

This article was posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 at 2:54 pm

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
why does this suprise anyone at all? If you get to arm yourself with the wonderful batman body armor of the warriors in the military, you sure the hell want to use it! No one in this day and age goes to "practice" guns, tasers, cuffs, tear gas and on and on in order to never use the skills, the go to practice to get amped up to get busy showing off the skills.

This is what we have created. The human populace is the enemy until proven innocent by judge Dredd. Judge Dredd is usually a kid whose options are very, very limited. The judge goes and trains for a few weeks on killing, and a few hours on managing the humans who are his sworn enemy. Each day he hears over and over again how the populace is his enemy, ready to kill him at any moment. Then he gets toys, lots and lots of toys, neat gadgets that are sure to thrill even the most jaded Dredd. So, it makes perfect sense that he can't wait to use the toys.

Does he feel bad? No. Not in the least, as his perfect programming says, "I was in fear for my life, I did the only think I could, I brought him down, let's drink!" Judge Dredd is outside the law, he has to be, other wise he can't do his job. Judge Dredd is our only hope in this horrifying world of the deranged, where 99 percent of all human interactions are crimes. The Judge is simply up against it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
For those of you who insist on defending the indefensible, i.e., the growing emergence of a police state in America, and who oft times declare that these kinds of events are rare. THEY ARE NOT RARE. They have been happening with a frequency that is extremely alarming. The police forces in America are a direct threat to our democratic way of life and their Gestapo actions are reminiscent of the police state that was Hitlers Germany

Police Kill 19-year-old After Father Tries to Prevent Him from Buying Cigarettes Adan Salazar Infowars.com November 7, 2013

Police audio shows dispatchers repeatedly asked cops to back off

A Boone, Iowa, dad is deeply regretful he didn’t let his son buy the cigarettes he wanted.
After denied a pack of smokes, 19-year-old Tyler Comstock took off in his father’s truck without permission.
In an attempt to teach his son a lesson, Tyler’s father James called the police and reported his vehicle stolen. That lesson ended up being the last one he would ever teach his son.

After receiving word of the stolen vehicle, the Ames police department pursued Tyler onto the Iowa State University campus and did the unimaginable – they shot him dead.

“He took off with my truck. I call the police, and they kill him,” Tyler’s father James told The Des Moines Register. “It was over a damn pack of cigarettes. I wouldn’t buy him none. And I lose my son for that.”

Police audio shows dispatchers repeatedly asked cops to back off.

Police said it should have been a simple traffic stop, but Tyler refused to cooperate. According to Cmdr. Geoff Huff, he pulled away from officers ramming a police vehicle before speeding away.
Students at the campus said they heard sirens and then saw a white truck being followed by police.
Witnesses say they saw Tyler slam the truck into signs and trees trying to escape before he was cordoned off by police cars.

“Finally the truck stopped after getting hit a couple times and one of the cops got out and started firing shots, I don’t know where. But about 3 to 5 shots and that’s when everything kind of stopped,” one student recalled.
Police say they were forced to shoot as he was disobeying orders to turn the truck off, instead revving the engine in defiance, but Tyler’s family argues there could have been more done to prevent the use of deadly force.
“So he didn’t shut the damn truck off, so let’s fire six rounds at him? We’re confused, and we don’t understand,” Tyler’s step-grandfather Gary Shepley stated.

Tyler’s cousin Blake was also at a loss. “I mean, he wasn’t armed. He didn’t have a weapon or anything.”
“I just heard the audio of the dispatch. They told (police) to back off,” Tyler’s mother Shari Comstock told the Register. “Why? Why did they kill him?”
Police have launched an investigation into the shooting, according to the Daily Mail

top topics

<< 1   >>

join