It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 13, was shot seven times by Sonoma County deputy, report finds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Linky

A 13-year-old boy killed by a Sonoma County sheriff's deputy while carrying a pellet gun that resembled an assault rifle was shot seven times, according to a preliminary coroner's report.

Linky#2

"He was holding the weapon in his left hand. He began to turn toward his right in the direction of the deputy, and in so doing he moved the gun toward the deputy, and the deputy's mindset was that he was fearful he would be shot," Lt Paul Henry of Santa Rosa police said at a press conference.

My apologies to this young mans family, I can only imagine your pain.

I think its time we all require our officers at least obey the rules of engagement and not fire until fired upon. This saddens me.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

I imagine the deputy feels awful after this tragedy. It's a difficult situation to comprehend and saddens me very much.

ETA: Seven shots though does seem a little overkill...
edit on 25-10-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
7 times for a 13 year old, seems about right...

Remember the two ladies delivering papers the cops thought was that large African American rouge cop, they got three times that.

So there must be some kind of PD size to weight requirement. 5 year old probably gets 4 bullets.

Fido 1, Shaquille o'neil would probably need a few hundred.

I mean their so afraid for their life's you have to know the right amount of lead to put down a harmless target that scares you.

Seems par the course for cops in Cali .

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Wide-Eyes
reply to post by XTexan

I imagine the deputy feels awful after this tragedy. It's a difficult situation to comprehend and saddens me very much.

ETA: Seven shots though does seem a little overkill...
edit on 25-10-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

you think he feels awful....hmmmm.....I think he should lose his job and be thrown in a jail.......I wonder if its a point system for these police?...at training they are taught 20 pts for puppies,50 pts for kids under 15....maybe a 100 pts for elderly people?....7 bullets for a 13 year old....wow just wow....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

If you kill a child that face better haunt you to your dying breath.

If it was my child I would ensure it would.

Eta: the us military has stricter ROE when dealing with enemy populations than the average police officer dealing with American citizens.

edit on 25-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

the guy who said : I bet the cop feels bad --- should have his head examined,you make me sick.

edit on 25-10-2013 by dellmonty because: I had it wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

benrl
7 times for a 13 year old, seems about right...

that's almost a whole clip. that's just messed up.

an average 13 year old is about 4 feet tall. That's almost 2 bullets per foot on average.

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM !!! I don't think Bin Laden had that many bullets on him.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dellmonty

Wait it will get worse, the pro-police state brigade will come in and inform us that the age of the threat does not matter.

Granny to a toddler can kill you, violent bunch us citizens are so age is no excuse for not heeding the instructions if an officer, which when they draw on you means you die if you sneeze.

A cops life is worth so much more than us average citizen that risking killing an innocent kid is worth it on the odds he could of hurt the officer...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

benrl

Eta: the us military has stricter ROE when dealing with enemy populations than the average police officer dealing with American citizens.

This is truly mind boggling. I read this over and over, in disbelief, yet i knew it was true. Just WOW.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

I am astounded that anyone here would actually be 'appalled' by this inasmuch as this has been common practice in the US for a very long time now. All such incidents as these, and there have been many thousands since 2008 alone, are manifestations of the actions of a rogue government - a police state controlled by Fascists. I am having difficulty finding respondents here (and throughout these forums) who seem to be willing to acknowledge that.

I am not surprised though given that ATS seems to be riddled with O'Worshipers who have their heads buried in the sand, which is a sure sign of denial as to their true condition of slavery. Denial forces one to lie to oneself, and to not face the truth, usually because of weakness of character, cowardice, or having submitted oneself to a form of state controlled hypnosis. Liberal progressives are notorious for their obedience - their obeisance to the mindset referred to above.

edit on 25-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

Honestly, I used to think these are isolated incidents from a very large population base. That while questionable there were bound to be such events on such a large scale, accidents human error, etc.

Than a friends brother was shot while handcuffed, and the cops went into blue wall mode, bribing witnesses, harassing the victims family, paying for cellphones with cash on spot. One witness went into hiding to avoid the cops from threats she was receiving.

I saw how cops close around their own, I'll never give a cop the benefit of the doubt ever again.

Oh where was the above? Good ol pro police state California.

The police used to have a defender in me, I used to be the guy defending the cops to the bitter end in every thread like this.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Does it matter if its once or 7 if the target dies?

I have a problem with a 13 year old shot once.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

7 is the horrifying icing on the cake, go look at the first thread when they didn't know it was seven.

People had the 13 year old with toys being an hardcore ms-13 gang member that deserved it.

Shameful.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

if the scared cop had to shoot why not just one shot to disable the 13 year old

seven shoots to disable a 13 year old kid sorry kill the 13 year old kid

i hope the cop rots in hell for eternity

this world if screwed the way things are going makes me sick
edit on 25/10/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Because the nature of guns is if you point it at some one you have decide to kill.

If you find one pointed at you, understand the person has decided to kill you if you give them any reason to.

Apparently this includes disobeying an order.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

CONTINUED: In an attempt at understanding the origins of this previously unknown phenomenon of animalistic police behavior, I'll go back as far as 2001 when the big American lie called the "War on Terror" was instituted as the new "Law of the Land" having itself been the result of the ultimate false flag operation known as 9/11.

A very big player in that great American tragedy was (and still is) arch Zionist and dual citizen Israeli, Michael Chertoff, one time director of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) who has brought the ominous influence of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) to our local police departments across the United States. By means of this Zionist military training, our local police forces throughout the land - not just in isolated pockets of the country - are being psychologically transformed, and physically modified from that of having once been the protectors of the public trust, respecting American law and jurisprudence, to opponents and antagonists, i.e., purveyors of Zionist inspired hate and Stasi like police state control-schemes over the general population.

Suddenly we see the unbridled use of police state tactics throughout the entire land; the use of military gear and uniforms, armored vehicles and armaments, high powered rifles, pistols and assault weapons, and total and complete illegal surveillance. This behavior is also manifested in the use of Stasi State computer interference systems, which are all indicative of a dramatic shift in the fundamental structure of the average American community.

While the suppressive, over-reaching arm of the Obama administration, under control of the global elite, turns our Constitutional Republic into a Fascist dictatorship, the dramatic changes in the structure of local police departments throughout the land have been a clear reflection of that - all of which will lead to the eventual takeover of our police forces by the military.

edit on 25-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

I'd lay the blame at the feet of the Reagan's and their war on minori... I mean drugs, war on drugs.

Generations lost to jail, kids killed in the street, all for prohibition a concept we learned in the early 1900's only breed violence.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I could not imagine growing up in this day and age. When we were kids we regularly had toy guns, weather it was "cowboys and Indians" or Cops and robbers" or playing "Army". It was kinda the norm for boys to play things like that where I lived.
I can only imagine that boys parents and how they must feel, soo sad.

I don't know the story be hind him carrying the "weapon", I just remember being young and carrying cap guns and pellet rifles out in the open never thinking something like this could happen.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm in Nevada, but the bay area news is pretty much considered "local".

A couple minutes ago, the story aired on CBS, and these are the words they used.

"One of the officers shot multiple rounds, at least one of them hit Lopez"

They seem to say it in a way that paints a completely false picture of the event.

Their goal, in this case, was to make you think that one, single, tiny, lucky, almost, accidental bullet barely grazed him, but he died.

They're flat out forming your opinion, and want you to give them a pass.

You can't call them on it either, because they didn't exactly lie.

They employ their agenda in every story they tell.

Even though their Motto is:
"Coverage you can count on"

All day long, they have to remind you that they are:

"Fair and un-bias, that's channel two news!"

Why the hell does channel two insist on telling it's audience 417 times a day when it's not even close to true.

It's pure brainwashing, and harder to choke past, all the time, just to get to the weather.

Remind yourself, every day to never accept anything for the truth until you know it to be.

Not from me, not from ATS, not from your mother... only you.

There's no other way.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dellmonty

I do genuinely think he feels bad. We're all human and I prefer to have faith in humanity over distrust. Sorry if that upsets you. My glass is half full...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join