It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents' fury after cops Taser their EIGHT-YEAR-OLD daughter

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

elysiumfire
Superman2012:

...and if they rushed her and she stabbed herself...

Another 'what if' argument not even relevant at all. Stabbed herself! Are you for real? You actually think she would have stabbed herself, that she would have had the time and the presence of mind to do so? The distance at which she was tased from could have easily have been covered by a grown man.

You know what, I cannot believe I am having to supply rational thought against illogical argument. I must be a glutton for mental anguish knowing that people with mindsets like you are walking around out there. I think the only cure for the headache you give me is if mankind drops the bomb on itself, and save us all from further anguish.

superman2012:

I always keep that in mind when replying to posts.

Wow! Lol! You can't even see when you are the subject of his post! Lol!
edit on 25/10/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

Yes I can genius.

For someone with so much "logic" you sure missed out on sarcasm!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Maybe he missed the sarcasm, but you are missing a central point. There is a long way to go between brandishing a knife and plunging it into a vital organ/artery.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I didn't read about the girl stabbing herself in the leg already. If that tidbit were falsified then I wouldn't be able to trust anything in the police report to be true.

My understanding is that's what they were told was going on at the location, presumably told to dispatch by the babysitter, and relayed en route to the cops.

Again, even if there is the slightest chance, it justifies the tazer. I don't think most 8 year olds are going to stab themselves, but why risk it? One quick slash to your neck and your bleeding out before the pain even registers. Same with stabbing yourself in the gut.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by Asktheanimals

One quick slash to your neck and your bleeding out before the pain even registers. Same with stabbing yourself in the gut.

Yeah, if she had a laser-cut scalpel, maybe...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Maybe he missed the sarcasm, but you are missing a central point. There is a long way to go between brandishing a knife and plunging it into a vital organ/artery.

Yeah, a few inches. Considering how disturbed the child obviously was, I wouldn't personally be willing to risk her not attempting it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by blamethegreys

Ya know, I really, REALLY wanted to get outraged as I usually do when I read your OP. HOWEVER, the girl had a knife that she pointed at the police

a knife is hardly any threat to police with guns in the first place and an eight year old is too small and weak to even be a threat even at close range, it's not like she was trained to use a knife on armed, grown and trained men nor is she big or strong enough to do so, nor was she amped up on drugs and attacking like some beast.
these cops are just weak, cowardly and ruled by fear to the point that everything is a threat to them even when there is none and i'd question how well they've been trained too.
men with weak hearts and minds should never hold power over others and most men are such. "police" are just power constructs that only exist to control not protect, they and others might think highly of police but both fail to see the truth and continue to think most are good all while ignoring what power does to men even good intentioned. personally i think police should not exist and laws should be enforced by the whole not by some small group standing above others through fear and intimidation.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist

Perhaps you missed this:

This time an 8 year girl who was suicidal and had a 4.5" (~11.5cm) pointed menacingly at...her own chest.

stick a 4 " knife in your chest...no wait...a 6" knife (added length due to the difference in body size from a child to an adult, assuming you are an adult) and tell me that it wouldn't do any damage if you were trying to.

Tell me again what "central point" I am missing again?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You need a knife sharpener if you don't think one slash could easily slice open a neck or plunge into soft tissue. Do you use a scalpel when you're cutting meat?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Disturbed? Sounds to me like complete lack of discipline combined with drama queen syndrome.

This was a cry for help that got blown out of proportion.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

namehere

seeker1963

Ya know, I really, REALLY wanted to get outraged as I usually do when I read your OP. HOWEVER, the girl had a knife that she pointed at the police

a knife is hardly any threat to police with guns in the first place and an eight year old is too small and weak to even be a threat even at close range, it's not like she was trained to use a knife on armed, grown and trained men nor is she big or strong enough to do so, nor was she amped up on drugs and attacking like some beast.
these cops are just weak, cowardly and ruled by fear to the point that everything is a threat to them even when there is none and i'd question how well they've been trained too.
men with weak hearts and minds should never hold power over others and most men are such. "police" are just power constructs that only exist to control not protect, they and others might think highly of police but both fail to see the truth and continue to think most are good all while ignoring what power does to men even good intentioned. personally i think police should not exist and laws should be enforced by the whole not by some small group standing above others through fear and intimidation.

Try reading the source article before commenting. It will add scads of credibility to your opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Do some experiments with various knives and raw meat. That is what it will take for you to see why your claims are invalid.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by Domo1

Disturbed? Sounds to me like complete lack of discipline combined with drama queen syndrome.

This was a cry for help that got blown out of proportion.

My daughter is a drama queen. If one of her friends doesn't talk to her she blows it out of proportion and thinks that her friend hates her.
She has never pointed a knife at someone nor held a knife to her chest. Never.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by Domo1

Do some experiments with various knives and raw meat. That is what it will take for you to see why your claims are invalid.

You too.
Remember, take the pointy end and press it into the meat. Tell me what happens. I'll wait.................................................................................................................................................. ............................................................................................................................
Back!? Okay what happened?
Uh huh. okay.
The knife pierced the meat!?? No kidding. I'm shocked.
Really.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

so lets say he didn't tazer her...and she did stab herself.....would you feel they didn't do enough?

Come on. they probably saved her life.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

At this point you're either trying to elicit an angry reaction or are clueless about knives. I think it's the former. You don't need to slash deep or hard to slice open an artery on your neck, and you don't need to push that hard to get enough penetration with a blade for it to be fatal. You can also do both very quickly.

We can argue about using a tazer, but saying an 8 year old is incapable of killing themselves with a knife is ridiculous.

Shoot you can say you bet the cops overreacted and tazed her and she never had the knife pointed at her, that I can see... But don't say it's hard to stab yourself in the gut, even for an 8 year old.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

And according to another recent post by yourself, you have taught your daughter boundaries and discipline. That makes all the difference in the world. I stated that this was the result of a drama queen without the benefit of good parenting.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

As Elysium said, you are interjecting irrelevant what-ifs. How likely is it that an 8 year old even knows where her jugular or carotid are?

Besides, even the police report stated that she pointed it at her chest, then back at the cop, then retreated behind a wall. The cop saw that his lack of action resulted in him loosing control, and due to piss-poor training, he saw fit to regain control with his taser.
edit on 25-10-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by Domo1

As Elysium said, you are interjecting irrelevant what-ifs. How likely is it that an 8 year old even knows where her jugular or carotid are?

Besides, even the police report stated that she pointed it at her chest, then back at the cop, then retreated behind a wall. The cop saw that his lack of action resulted in him loosing control, and due to piss-poor training, he saw fit to regain control with his taser.

You yourself are injecting irrelevant what-ifs to fit your argument. Do you know her background on human anatomy? My wife is a nurse, my youngest daughter (7) has a heart condition. She knows more about her heart than my friends know about theirs.
Does it say in the report that he "saw that his lack of action resulted in him losing control, and due to piss poor training, he saw fit to regain control with his taser"?

Or is that just your opinion on it.

None of us know except for the people involved.
That is why you are losing it.
You will never convince me (without FACTS pertaining to the case) that my opinion is wrong on this.
By all means, if you have any relevant facts that none of us are privy too, please present them.

edit on 25-10-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

By your logic, you can assess the situation no better than I.

This thread is done. Only those who blindly support the police (or don't read all replies) will continue to agree with you.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I wouldn't call them irrelevant. Even a slight chance the girl decided to stab herself in the gut or throat is worth the use of a tazer. It doesn't matter where the knife was pointed. It's easy to move your arm.

I was under the impression that when she was tazed, she had the knife pointed at herself. If it was pointed at the cop when she was tazed that does actually change my opinion. I'll have to read it again.

At the end of the day, I think we both just wanted what was best for the girl.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join