It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents' fury after cops Taser their EIGHT-YEAR-OLD daughter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Our people in our nation has about 4 out of ten that cannot think anymore.

She does not have the upper body strength at 8 to penetrate her own chest. The cops could have knocked the knife out of her hand with a baton like they did in the good ole days.

She is 8 years old for Gods sake wake up

Perhaps if you are talking about the sternum you might be correct. But what about the ribs?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't need to come up with my own argument; I can correct yours.

If a person is standing on a ledge, the last thing you want to do is cause his muscles to seize up by zapping him with an electric current. In this case, the girl could have easily fallen on the knife after loosing control of her body.

Tasers are intended to be a second-to-last resort, as an alternative to firearm.
Police in America today have used tasers to replace their arms altogether. Why talk someone down or restrain them when you can take the easy way out?

Especially if a person fails to show the proper respect for Johnny Law.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Yes. Not so worried about the adults, but I certainly think an 8 year old is more than capable of stabbing themselves.

8 year olds commit suicide. Even if the knife was only pointed at the chest a tiny movement and it goes somewhere the bones aren't protecting. Throat, stomach, spleen... Easy in the split second it would take to try to knock it out of her hand or lunge for the blade.

Am I the only one that just read the story about the freaking 12 year old that cut his teacher's throat and drug her body into the woods? Knives are deadly. People are unstable. Kids are stupid. This isn't Hollywood. The kid is alive.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

If a person is standing on a ledge, the last thing you want to do is cause his muscles to seize up by zapping him with an electric current. In this case, the girl could have easily fallen on the knife after loosing control of her body.

Yeah I mentioned that was a concern a few posts up. It still doesn't change the point I was making at all. The point being that with someone who is suicidal and needs far less than a second to do the deed, you're not going to be able to pin them in time to keep them from killing themselves.

Also the tazer worked pretty well. She's still alive. They just needed that split second of her seized up to grab her. Even if you lop off someone's head they aren't going to immediately drop.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't think you're understanding the situation.

I don't trust what the press release says just so you know.

Ever see this one?

BRAVO!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

I'll tell you why the bad cop stories outnumber the good cop ones -- because no one ever gives a # when you do what you are supposed to do. That's life. Cops choose to accept the responsibilities and risks associated with the job. You don't see news stories about Army grunts driving Al Qaeda from Afghanistan, either. But you sure hear about it when the come up with morbid games or shoot non-combatants.

I admire greatly any police officer who follows through with his commitments and refuses to be a part of the "blue wall." However I am far more concerned that the bad eggs be punished and made an example of. I believe the former does not expect to be thanked, and the latter represents a sprout of tyranny that must be plucked from the Earth before it can spread.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You're not thinking this through.

There is no way an eight year old girl has the pain tolerance or strength to self-inflict a fatal wound (even if she went for the neck) before the officers could restrain her. An officer may be nicked in the process, but as before she would not be able to cause serious injury. All part of the job they signed up for.

Luck was on the cops' side this time, as she did not fall on the knife. If she had, your point would be even less valid. It's no different than a cop shooting a fleeing suspect driving down a crowded street and defending his action based on no one being run over by the out of control vehicle.

Though recent incidents suggest that in this scenario, the cop would fire 15 rounds, hitting four bystanders, two parked cars, a day-care window, and missing the suspect entirely. The officer would then receive four months of paid vacation for enduring such a stressful event.
edit on 24-10-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
at which point I observed the mother leap 25 yards across the living room and tear the officers heart out and shove it down his partner's throat.

It was all over in a few seconds at which I awoke several hours later in the hospital not knowing what had just happened.

edit on 24-10-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

come on man, the difference between epilepsy and self harm mental issues is like apples and oranges, and I highly doubt the police are going to kill anyone for taking a seizure,that went out in the dark ages.
what i am trying to say is there is far more going on here with this child behind the scenes than anybody realizes. this kid needs a whole lot of help.

Well, we can definitely agree that she needs help. And possibly her parents too. I wonder if the babysitter even knew she was prone to this behavior.

If you'll notice, I didn't say he had epilepsy, and I did say he would harm others in some instances. As to whether or not the police will kill someone "taking a seizure", there's a thread here somewhere, I believe, about just such an event.

As Seeker said, We will probably never know the finer details of this case. Either way, imo our police are becoming more and more dependent on their technology, and less able to use common sense and reason, before action is taken.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Uhm... are you implying the officer should have hosed her down? >_>

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by intrptr

Uhm... are you implying the officer should have hosed her down? >_>

No, I think they should have shot her, snarky.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by Domo1

There is no way an eight year old girl has the pain tolerance or strength to self-inflict a fatal wound (even if she went for the neck) before the officers could restrain her. An officer may be nicked in the process, but as before she would not be able to cause serious injury. All part of the job they signed up for.

Uhhhhhhh . . . imho,

THAT would depend on how demonized she was.

Such cases arise . . . with 'superhuman strength.'

No idea whether this was such a case, or not.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

...you're right. Some people are smart enough to realize that. Just as they aren't smart enough to realize that she might figure that out before and stab her neck. That soft enough?

There would be no outrage from me if this was my daughter. The outrage should be directed at me for not realizing this sooner.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

There is no way an eight year old girl has the pain tolerance or strength to self-inflict a fatal wound (even if she went for the neck) before the officers could restrain her.

She couldn't!?
How do you figure? Is there a study done on this?
The fact is, there is a way. Would she have done it? Who knows. Did the cop make the right call? Who knows, but it definitely was right in his mind at that time and there is a girl that is alive. No one died.

Can the police do ANYTHING right on ATS?

wow.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I didn't read about the girl stabbing herself in the leg already. If that tidbit were falsified then I wouldn't be able to trust anything in the police report to be true.
I know kids, extremely violent ones. Stab someone else? They might be able to do that. Stab themselves? No way, as soon as it started to hurt they would stop.
I just don't think using a taser was the right call here.
It could have killed her or as I mentioned she could have fallen on the knife.

This was a cry for help from a little girl.
Instead of love and sympathy and understanding she gets tasered.
Talk about having to grow up with a chip on your shoulder.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Doesn't an officer have to pass a strength agility test?,if he can't disarm an 8 yr old,he better get a job as a crossing guard,but then again might be confronted by a 9 yr old this time,what wusses shameful

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Bravo for your reply,Sir-you nailed it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

CoherentlyConfused
At least they didn't shoot her. Plus one for that, I guess.

I have to wonder what pharmaceuticals this child was on. What is it with such young kids wanting to die these days? If she is not on any psych meds, there is no part of me that can fathom what she could have possibly gone through to drive her to act that way but something horrific must have.

Eight years old.
My 9-year-old kids still play with Pokemon and My Little Pony figures. They throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way; they don't pull a knife and threaten suicide.

Yep. Same as my just turned 9 year old son. He's not even allowed to handle a steak knife, cause he knows their very sharp & can be dangerous. In the 911 call, the girl had already stabbed herself in the leg, so I believe she wouldn't have hesitated to stab herself in the chest....I can't imagine the sort of pain for such a young child to be suffering through, to want yo kill herself....tough call on the cops decision, as she had already stabbed herself once....I'm just not sure how I feel about the tazing yet.....I feel awful for the little girl....edited to add, we also don't know what if any type of mental issues the child may have had??? Think we need more info on this story....
edit on 10/25/13 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I maintain my original assertions. You must not have read my post, or any by others others, noting that she could have more easily died from falling on the knife than stabbing herself. I also explained the ratio of good cop to bad cop stories.

People like you fail to understand how important it is that we are all critical of our police forces.
edit on 25-10-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well said, and good point. This will forever change the way that entire family perceives the police.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join