It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents' fury after cops Taser their EIGHT-YEAR-OLD daughter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Okay, maybe I'm the only one who thought of this but getting tasered makes your body clench up and fall forward. There is a possibility of her falling on the knife piercing her heart. Alone she probably would not have had the strength to pierce her ribcage or have the force necessary to go through her breastbone.

Tough call in this situation, they could have probably talked her through this then again as long as she's not dead, mission accomplished.

VERY GOOD POINT!!

I honestly though think what is most important is finding out WHY THIS CHILD thought that killing herself was the answer to her problems.

What pisses me off is that she will now become a product of Big Pharm and be put on all kinds of meds. I am willing to bet that her anger and frustration will relate back to how her parent raised her......but drugs will be the answer right?

You see, I am bringing up things that no one thinks about after something like this happens! Sure, we can blame the police, blame the parents, but how many of us actually think about what will happen to this child after the fact of this news story????

Does anyone realize the drugs and therapy this child is going to have to go thru?

I truly understand your angst.

Again, all of this conjecture is based upon the story told by professional liars.

Maybe the child wanted attention. My guess is the child won't seek it this way ever again.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I did Bozzchem, and as I said, No offense was intended. I'm just shocked, that's all. It's true, there is more than one side to this, I'm sure. But whatever the case, cops are trigger happy with these tasers, so they don't have to get their hands dirty, or actually do their job anymore.

I only included you because you thought the choice was logical given the current information. Respectfully, I disagree. But it's just my two cents anyway. I wasn't there, and I realize that. However, I have been in the situation with an adult, and was able to diffuse it with a little common sense.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Klassified

I did Bozzchem, and as I said, No offense was intended. I'm just shocked, that's all. It's true, there is more than one side to this, I'm sure. But whatever the case, cops are trigger happy with these tasers, so they don't have to get their hands dirty, or actually do their job anymore.

I only included you because you thought the choice was logical given the current information. Respectfully, I disagree. But it's just my two cents anyway. I wasn't there, and I realize that. However, I have been in the situation with an adult, and was able to diffuse it with a little common sense.

If you did, you most certainly didn't understand what I stated. Please quote me where I in any way, shape or form agreed that this response by the cops was OK.

If this were done to my child, I can assure you that my response wouldn't be passive.

I only stated that seeker's response was logical based on the lack of information provided in the story. It would be a logical reaction IF you believe the story as presented. I DO NOT.

However, I do see what you're saying...now that I've thought it through.

edit on 24-10-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

bozzchem

DeadSeraph

Yet it's the only source we have at the moment...

Agreed. Do you have children? Ever have one pull this sort of childish crap? Was your instinct to taze them for doing so?

Yes. I have a 3 year old daughter and she is the light of my life. She's never pulled a knife and started stabbing herself though. I get that it's reprehensible that she was tasered and she's only 8. It's unfortunate. But the knee jerk reaction is always "#&!* DA POLICE!". Think about it. If you are the officer in that situation and you have to make a split second decision that could possibly save the girls life, what do you do? I highly doubt he was thinking about how he was going to taze this little girl and laugh about it later with his cop buddies at the local watering hole.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I truly understand your angst.

Again, all of this conjecture is based upon the story told by professional liars.

Maybe the child wanted attention. My guess is the child won't seek it this way ever again.

Your right.

Was she a spoiled child that was finally told NO!!??

OR

Was she begging for help?

I truly believe she didn't want to die, so there fore as you said, she perhaps wanted attention or help.....

I said some things in this OP that I never thought I would share with anyone on the internet, but I am not ashamed by any means.

Our children are begging for help and guidance in this crazy world, and the reason is, us so called grown ups have failed them as parents!

Love doesn't mean buying them everything they want. They always end up wanting more! Haven't us adults proven that?

Most of them just want a mom or dad to talk to them and pay attention to them. Perhaps play a simple game of checkers or teach them how to play a game of cards. In todays world, not so much. Here is your new PS4 and cell phone, leave us alone...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There is still a lot of information we don't have. And has been said we are only getting one side.

I don't know if anyone here has ever stabbed someone in the chest, but contrary to what the TV would show. It requires a bit of force. Now consider the leverage and angles working against you trying to stab yourself in the chest. Then I have to ask, does an 8 yr old girl posses the strength to stab herself in the chest?

I don't know, but I suspect she would likely just end up inflicting superficial wounds to herself.

But with all that being said, it's easy to play armchair quarterback.
Also, despite what most people think. 9 times out of 10 the police really are just trying to do the right thing. So I suggest, before everyone goes and gets all outraged over something none of us actually witnessed, we should wait for more information to become available.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

DeadSeraph

bozzchem

DeadSeraph

Yet it's the only source we have at the moment...

Agreed. Do you have children? Ever have one pull this sort of childish crap? Was your instinct to taze them for doing so?

Yes. I have a 3 year old daughter and she is the light of my life. She's never pulled a knife and started stabbing herself though. I get that it's reprehensible that she was tasered and she's only 8. It's unfortunate. But the knee jerk reaction is always "#&!* DA POLICE!". Think about it. If you are the officer in that situation and you have to make a split second decision that could possibly save the girls life, what do you do? I highly doubt he was thinking about how he was going to taze this little girl and laugh about it later with his cop buddies at the local watering hole.

I remember when my daughter was 3, now 11. Light of my life is certainly one phrase I'd use!

Unfortunately, we are all basing our arguments on a story that is severely lacking information and most of which is provided by a group of people proven to be liars and proven to get away with blatant use of excessive force.

I meant you no disrespect by my question.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

seeker1963
Most of them just want a mom or dad to talk to them and pay attention to them. Perhaps play a simple game of checkers or teach them how to play a game of cards. In todays world, not so much. Here is your new PS4 and cell phone, leave us alone...

You hit that one out of the ballpark. Grand slam homerun.

Our children don't want toys as much as they want our attention.

I learned that lesson honestly when my daughter asked me to "stop working on my computer" so we could play. Makes me ashamed to remember that day.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Your response is logical based on the story as presented, a one sided story as told by the cops. I highly doubt the parents would be outraged for no reason. There are three sides to every story and this article only provides one. Cops are liars.

Did I misunderstand this, based on the context? Are you not saying their stance was logical, if based on only the given information? I disagree. Even without the other two sides of the story. I don't see the actions taken as logical. However, I do agree with the remainder of your assessment.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No disrespect taken. I would agree that more information is needed before one can say either way if this was the right choice. I find it just as appalling as everyone else, but as a father I know that I would rather have an officer use a taser on my child and she survives, then make the wrong call and she dies. In general I think police need better non-lethal methods in the first place, since tasers themselves have been responsible for so many deaths.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Soundslikesomeonehasachipontheirshouldermaybeafelon...*ahem*
I get tired of the endless threads from people on here complaining about police.
Do you know how much crap goes on a daily bases in any given city that most officers have to deal with?

And what about when an officer does something good? No mention of those stories? No, because no one wants to mention that there are many good officers. Lets pick and choose stories and put a bad spin on them, then just bitch about it, while forgetting about the ones you never heard of that may be responsible for saving your or someone else's life. God forbid we be grateful for the good officers that do good for our community.

Too me, it looks like the officers did the right thing. If you know anything about tasers, they lock up the muscles, which would have prevented the girl from injuring herself further. How would you handle it? Run toward the girl and risk her fatally injuring herself? She was obviously in some psychotic state if she had already injured herself.
edit on 24-10-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Klassified

Your response is logical based on the story as presented, a one sided story as told by the cops. I highly doubt the parents would be outraged for no reason. There are three sides to every story and this article only provides one. Cops are liars.

Did I misunderstand this, based on the context? Are you not saying their stance was logical, if based on only the given information? I disagree. Even without the other two sides of the story. I don't see the actions taken as logical. However, I do agree with the remainder of your assessment.

No, you did not. Hence why I indicated I understood your initial response after thinking about what I had said.

I appreciate the lesson I've learned here and apologize if I came across as an ass. I did not properly articulate what I meant and you most certainly are right for pointing that out.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I learned that lesson honestly when my daughter asked me to "stop working on my computer" so we could play. Makes me ashamed to remember that day.

How do you think I know what I now know? I was a terrible father to my now 14 year old daughter. Her mother and I were divorced and it was much easier for me to buy her love (so I thought at the time) than actually man up and be a real father to her........

Brings tears to my eyes thinking about how I failed her in those days, but at least I can admit my failures as a parent and try to do the right things now aye?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

This is often the problem....lack of information....I think we all know by now the cops version of events in these kind of matters are misconstrued to say the least....

I have an eight year old daughter and I doubt very much that she would have the understanding of the consequences of holding a knife to her chest....my daughter is very smart but it will be some time until her mental capacity reaches that of an adult....

How and why the parents were not there to have resolved the situation remains to be seen....eight year old do not just wake up one day and display this kind of behaviour ...there are obviously other factors at play here....

If my daughter for some reason ended up crying out for attention in this manner and the police tazed her suffice to say the cop would received a 3 fold punishment from me....after I b#tchslapped myself for not knowing my child was so unhappy she felt the need to cry out like that

Hopefully more info will shed more light on what happened

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

seeker1963

How do you think I know what I now know? I was a terrible father to my now 14 year old daughter. Her mother and I were divorced and it was much easier for me to buy her love (so I thought at the time) than actually man up and be a real father to her........

Brings tears to my eyes thinking about how I failed her in those days, but at least I can admit my failures as a parent and try to do the right things now aye?

We have much in common.

I've spent much on trinkets only to realize that what she wanted was my undivided attention.

We admit our failures and we move in a direction to correct them.

My instinct upon reading the OP was that this little girl was crying out for attention. As I've previously stated, there is much more information needed to this story. I don't trust a word from cops trying to cover their asses for using a taser on a child.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Star for you!

Your hitting on something that hasn't been brought up much!

What caused an 8 year old to behave this way??

I am not saying the parent need to be bitch slapped by the court systems, but obviously they should at least be considered as a contributing factor for this kind of behavior!

EDIT:

Here I have been assuming this child will be put on psychotropic drugs!!!! WTF, how about checking in to see if she perhaps is already on them??????

Look at the recent shooters whom have been on SSRI's............................
edit on 24-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

seeker1963
I am not saying the parent need to be bitch slapped by the court systems, but obviously they should at least be considered as a contributing factor for this kind of behavior!

They are most certainly the primary factor in this child's actions. There is SO much more information needed to this story!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

And what about when an officer does something good? No mention of those stories? No, because no one wants to mention that there are many good officers.

How about this one? And several others on ATS if you would care to look. I posted in this thread, and applauded the officer.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you know how much crap goes on a daily bases in any given city that most officers have to deal with?

Actually, yes. Yes I do. For a good cop, the system can be a real nightmare at times. I have friends who are cops. And when I think they're wrong, I tell them so.
edit on 10/24/2013 by Klassified because: had it right the first time.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

CoherentlyConfused
At least they didn't shoot her. Plus one for that, I guess.

I have to wonder what pharmaceuticals this child was on. What is it with such young kids wanting to die these days? If she is not on any psych meds, there is no part of me that can fathom what she could have possibly gone through to drive her to act that way but something horrific must have.

Eight years old.
My 9-year-old kids still play with Pokemon and My Little Pony figures. They throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way; they don't pull a knife and threaten suicide.

I don't know why you assume all children would be like yours. Are you also one of those people who just generally assumes every other person is like they are? I see it all the time. But psycho-emotionally speaking, humans can be drastically, drastically different.

And while behavior or feelings like this may not seem to be super common in eight year olds, I assure you that it happens. And yes, including cases where pharmacueuticals are not a factor. I don't know if predisposition for such thoughts and feelings is genetic, or learned, or both (as I suspect)... but it's out there. Be grateful that you and your kids got to be happy, normal, well-adjusted people.

I will point out, however, that some people hide it pretty well, seemingly unlike this kid. Then again, if you grew up happy and well adjusted, IMHO that gives your kids a much better chance.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

This is in reference to your last post Klassified.

I believe you have seen me hating on the polices actions, more so than defending them.

However, I just had a blonde moment where I have a question to add to the whole debate on this thread!

"I would like to know what kind of Psychotropic drugs, IF ANY this child might have been on!".

Obviously regardless of the original story, the child was seeking help.

But when we are constantly being bombarded with people whom go bat snip crazy and shoot people, it makes me wonder if it is the parents fault for her behavior,,,,, the police screwed up and made a bad decision.........OR the behavior was caused from taking drugs prescribed by a government licensed drug dealer??

Just something to think about.................

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join