It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas judge ordered to resign after txting tips to the prosecution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

“…the Commission investigated claims that Judge Coker allegedly engaged in other improper ex parte communications and meetings with Jones, other members or the Polk County District Attorney’s Office, the San Jacinto County District Attorney, and certain defense attorneys regarding various cases pending in her court; Judge Coker allegedly exhibited a bias in favor of certain attorneys and a prejudice against others in both her judicial rulings and her court appointments: and .Judge Coker allegedly met with jurors in an inappropriate manner, outside the presence of counsel, while the jurors were deliberating in one or more criminal trials;”

So apparently this jude was helping the prosecution in a case she was trying, How slanted is the system against the American people?

Once caught she tried to influence the investigation.

“…the Commission also expressed concerns that Judge Coker discussed the Commission’s investigation and Judge Coker’s written responses to the investigation with a material witness prior to that witness’ testimony before the Commission in an apparent attempt to influence that witness, and that the judge may not have been candid and truthful in her testimony before the Commission when questioned about her contact with the witness;”

But don't worry folks, I am sure she will face Hard time for her crimes...

Oh wait.

“AGREEMENT TO RESIGN FROM JUDICIAL OFFICE IN LIEU OF DISCIPLINARY ACTION”

Guess not, I wonder how many innocents shes screwed over?

Texting judge not LOL

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This means every case she has presided over, since the advent of cellphone, has to be reviewed, and all those people can hhave their verdicts over turned.
Not good

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

There is a group, mainly lawyers that actually rate Judges. It is interesting to look at the site. THE ROBING ROOM

ABOUT Rate A Judge

WORST JUDGES - judicial performance evaluations as rated by lawyers, litigants, witnesses and other courts and court system users

Judges Above the Law.com also has an interesting WRIT:

PETITION FOR WRIT OF CERTIORARI TO THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES Filed May 8, 2006

WHY THIS CASE MATTERS SO MUCH - TO SO MANY

A judge in his case could, and did, cheat. Opposing counsels could, and did, cheat. And once they coordinated their cheating, no fact, law or procedure could save him. He was set up to lose.

When you think of a “corrupt” judge, you may think of one who trades rulings for cash. As far as we know, that obvious sort of corruption is rare. You must appreciate however, that corruption may take subtle but equally destructive forms.

Among other things, a dishonest judge can ignore evidence, twist rules and procedure, obstruct the record, retaliate, manufacture facts or ignore others, allow infirm claims or dismiss valid ones, deny admission of evidence prejudicial to the favored party, suborn perjury, mischaracterize pleadings, engage in ex parte communication and misapply the law.

When he or she does these things intentionally, (motivation is a separate issue) he commits a crime. Petty or grand, the acts are still crimes. It takes surprisingly little to “steer” a case.

After the American Revolution, our Constitution was conceived and adopted as the mechanical foundation of our government. For ordinary citizens, the independent grand jury was the only tool of salvation from judicial corruption. Without this critical tool of redress, American civil rights exist only at the will of a judge. That tool (unfettered access to a grand jury) has been taken away.

Judges simply snatched it from us. They did it by enacting “judicial legislation,” i.e., by “ruling” that private citizens had no right of access to the grand jury. They took the grand jury from us and they gave it to themselves, and they use their "gatekeeping" power to protect themselves (from accountability) all the time.

Who decided, “What will be the law?” Judges did.

Who is supposed to decide, “What will be the law?” Congress is.

Right under Congress's nose, the entire judicial branch of our government placed itself out of reach. They eliminated all means to be held accountable to the public for their actions.

Judges are now, above the law....

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

PtolemyII
This means every case she has presided over, since the advent of cellphone, has to be reviewed, and all those people can hhave their verdicts over turned.
Not good

Its good if they were innocent!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The Night the Lights Went out in Geor....errr...Texas?

Kinda blows the whole concept of a fair trial in Her Dis-Honor's courtroom, doesn't it? She ought to do life and that should be a no-brainer to anyone, IMO.

There is absolutely nothing more dangerous in our system than a dirty Judge. They should throw the book at them when they do actually manage to prove it against one.

I don't see anything mentioning her retirement? Does she collect after this because she resigned? It won't surprise me, since it's not mentioned. Must be nice when the criminal is wearing a Black Robe. It seems to make it all okay.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Polk county is one of the last areas in Texas that you would want to be prosecuted in. The entire community is racist, biased, & irrational.

The town that the county court is located is called Livingston TX. To put the town in to better perspective: If you have even a pipe with marijuana resin in that town you are guaranteed jail time, probation, drug class, & a large fine. While if you reside just two counties over with that same possession you will likely get a ticket and be on your merry way.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Positive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

VoidHawk

PtolemyII
Not good

Its good if they are guilty as well, Guilty or innocent, everyone deserves a fair and just legal system period.

There is no situation where a corrupt judiciary should be tolerated or excused.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

benrl

VoidHawk

PtolemyII
Not good

Its good if they are guilty as well, Guilty or innocent, everyone deserves a fair and just legal system period.

There is no situation where a corrupt judiciary should be tolerated or excused.

I agree.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here in Illinois, at least people understand their judges and police are corrupt. The judges and police get they are doing something wrong too.

It seems many Texans don't even have that level of understanding. They don't get that judges should not be biased. They seem to have their own little bigoted code which they hold above the law.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

“AGREEMENT TO RESIGN FROM JUDICIAL OFFICE IN LIEU OF DISCIPLINARY ACTION”

Call me old fashioned but....... How about both?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

After searching the RobingRoom.com website, it seems that dishonerable Judge Elizabeth Coker has not been rated yet. Anyone interested in being the first to rate her?

Dishonerable Judge Elizabeth Coker

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I went to that site to rate a Judge and you have to give a lot of personal information to add one. These people have connections so it doesn't feel safe even if you wanted to. It would be nice for people to feel free to put in complaints about a Judge who has been corrupt. An attorney told me some stories about one and I saw him in action for myself to confirm. People are terrified of this guy - even the attorneys. Rub the wrong way and you will lose every case.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
"Resignation in lieu of disciplinary action" seems a bit light to me. This person may have unfairly influenced trials in such a way that innocent people ended up being convicted.

It really seems like that level of corruption and reckless disregard for the lives of others should result in criminal prosecution, no?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

She should be thrown in gen pop with the people she put in prison.

new topics

top topics

join